Small Feature Request - postal code input parsing

LordEd

This is just something very simple. I found on the pocket query form, if i entered a postal code in the format v1x7l8 (no space in middle), it says "not in the database", but is valid if i enter the space.

I think a few lines of code would add a tiny bit of extra usability:

// auto postal correction guess

if (txtPostalCode.length == 6) {

txtPostalCode.text = txtPostalCode.text.insert(3, " ");

}

?

Obviously not a high priority, but if you happen to be in that block of code one day...

This is just something very simple. I found on the pocket query form, if i entered a postal code in the format v1x7l8 (no space in middle), it says "not in the database", but is valid if i enter the space.

I think a few lines of code would add a tiny bit of extra usability:

// auto postal correction guess

if (txtPostalCode.length == 6) {

txtPostalCode.text = txtPostalCode.text.insert(3, " ");

}

?

Obviously not a high priority, but if you happen to be in that block of code one day...

I can imagine that code could break the postal code of some other country, but since Canadian postal codes are always in the format of "letter/number/letter number/letter/number" (odd characters are letters, even characters are numbers) that pattern could be checked for before inserting the space.

I have not tried this on the pocket query page, but if you enter such a postal code on the home geocaching page, it works without the space (I am also in Canada). I suspect they just need to implement whatever code they use on their home page to the pocket query page.