Renewed My Membership Again

No offense to those who run this site, but I just spent 30 minutes waiting for the website to open. And when it finally did and I tried to access the forums, I got the message "SQL error: Too many connections

SQL error code:

Date: Friday 26th of June 2009 11:18:52 PM"

Maybe some money should be spent to fix this issue. It's not the first time it's happened. At least once a week I have the same problem. And, it's not my pc. I tried several other websites and had no problems at all.

Edited by GrateBear

No offense to those who run this site, but I just spent 30 minutes waiting for the website to open. And when it finally did and I tried to access the forums, I got the message "SQL error: Too many connections

SQL error code:

Maybe some money should be spent to fix this issue. It's not the first time it's happened. At least once a week I have the same problem. And, it's not my pc. I tried several other websites and had no problems at all.

It happens EVERY night at 11PM Pacific.

I think thats when the servers do a backup.

Personally, I would suggest they do the backup at 1AM pacific so the fewest members would be impacted.

SQL error code:

This has been an ongoing discussion on the Geocaching.com forum for some time now. While there are several threads on it, this one has a recent reply from TPTB: link

Has nothing (neccessarily) to do with forum backups, BTW. I've received that, and about four other error messages at any time of the day, although I can imagine that backups don't help (and seeing the time of your post, I suspect Bittsen is right, in your case)

SQL error code:

This has been an ongoing discussion on the Geocaching.com forum for some time now. While there are several threads on it, this one has a recent reply from TPTB: link

Has nothing (neccessarily) to do with forum backups, BTW. I've received that, and about four other error messages at any time of the day, although I can imagine that backups don't help (and seeing the time of your post, I suspect Bittsen is right, in your case)

The 11:00 pm to 11:30 pm problem IS becuase that is when the forums are backed up. This was confirmed in a recent thread.

All the other times of the day and night...well we have discussed that over and over as well.