Where is Pvt. Shannon?

desertrver

This is directed to those in SE South Dakota/NE Nebraska. I am in the Yankton area for the summer and have heard of a cache "trail" about Pvt. Shannon. Is there info. where I can find the series of caches? I have searched out a few of the caches, but it seems there are a series. I understand the trail takes you around to several interesting little towns in the area. Any info., help, I would be grateful.

This is directed to those in SE South Dakota/NE Nebraska. I am in the Yankton area for the summer and have heard of a cache "trail" about Pvt. Shannon. Is there info. where I can find the series of caches? I have searched out a few of the caches, but it seems there are a series. I understand the trail takes you around to several interesting little towns in the area. Any info., help, I would be grateful.

We were just at a few of those caches last weekend. many of them are along highway 12 in northern Ne. The Three Amigos and Plainsdrifter358 are the cache owners. We didn't look into this part but from the cache pages it appears that there is a passport type way of getting stamped at several of the sites. I am sure that if you contacted the cache owners they could explain that part to you. I have made a bookmark list that you can find on the various L & C PVT Shannon cache pages GCGAEX

We were just at a few of those caches last weekend. many of them are along highway 12 in northern Ne. The Three Amigos and Plainsdrifter358 are the cache owners. We didn't look into this part but from the cache pages it appears that there is a passport type way of getting stamped at several of the sites. I am sure that if you contacted the cache owners they could explain that part to you. I have made a bookmark list that you can find on the various L & C PVT Shannon cache pages GCGAEX

Thanks for that info. I'll check it out. We are volunteers at the Gavins Point Fish Hatchery for the summer. We are having a great time exploring the area. We're not very impressed with all these storms though!

Thanks again for the help, I'll check out your bookmark, and contact the cache owners.

We're not very impressed with all these storms though!

Ahh come on!!! Midwestern storms are the BEST! :) Your not afraid of a little rain, a little wind, and a few claps of thunder are you? :)

I have a friend from California that moved a few years ago to Texas that FREAKED OUT over some to the weather around here. It was funny. :D

Edited for typos

Edited by The Ravens

We're not very impressed with all these storms though!

Ahh come on!!! Midwestern storms are the BEST! :) Your not afraid of a little rain, a little wind, and a few claps of thunder are you? :)

I have a friend from California that moved a few years ago to Texas that FREAKED OUT over some to the weather around here. It was funny. :D

Edited for typos

We spend the winters in the Palm Springs area (SoCal) We never see thunder storms. We'll take one of our little "shakers" over these storms anytime! We are enjoying our time here. It is nice to see all the green.

Sorry to say you've not made your bookmark list public. I've been working on a bookmark list of Lewis and Clark related caches and thought your list may have some I've missed, so I would love to see your list if you make it public.

Sorry to say you've not made your bookmark list public. I've been working on a bookmark list of Lewis and Clark related caches and thought your list may have some I've missed, so I would love to see your list if you make it public.

I think I have it public now. I also have 2 EarthCaches that are L & C related

GC1E89M and GC1DG59 and will probably develop at least 2-3 more.

catsnfish - your bookmark is indeed now public. I've added your earthcaches to my Lewis and Clark bookmark list. So far I've identified 146 caches of various types that are along the trail of the Corps of Discovery which honor the Corps accomplishment by name, cache page content, or placement. I'll watch for your upcoming L&C caches and add to my bookmark list also.

catsnfish - your bookmark is indeed now public. I've added your earthcaches to my Lewis and Clark bookmark list. So far I've identified 146 caches of various types that are along the trail of the Corps of Discovery which honor the Corps accomplishment by name, cache page content, or placement. I'll watch for your upcoming L&C caches and add to my bookmark list also.

L&C Council Bluff EarthCache was recently published. While researching another site this week I found a pamphlet on the Pvt Shannon Trail. It Gives www.shannontrail.com for more information but the pamphlet directs you to Geocaching.com for the Geocaches.

L&C Council Bluff EarthCache was recently published. While researching another site this week I found a pamphlet on the Pvt Shannon Trail. It Gives www.shannontrail.com for more information but the pamphlet directs you to Geocaching.com for the Geocaches.

Wow, looks like a great cache! Thanks for the heads up, I added it to the bookmark list. Now all I have to do is retire so I have the time to see all these places and hunt for all the caches. Look for my log around 2012. :D