The Higher Power geocoin.

WOOGIEKIDS

I'm sending this back for revisions, and your input would be greatly appreciated. This is inspired by a crucifix given to me by my Grandmother.

My thoughts are to enlarge the Risen Christ on the front, and decrease the size of the dove. My vision is to have it in all metallic, so I'm not sure about the color.

Thoughts? Honest me! :)

CoinFront.png

CoinBack.png

I like the Praying hands. I like the Dove.

I agree re: The Pic of Jesus on the Cross.

The 3 pics on top of each other is a little too crowded, for me.

I Like the simplicity of the Praying Hands.

Very Nice Idea. Would love to see the revisions when they are done.

Thanx for the peak.

Opalsns

My comments can be applied to the back...

I would move the praying hands ever so slightly away from the tracking number, or reduce then in size. Maybe seperate them by 3 times the distance shown, or reduce the size by 10%?

Sometimes there can be a few letters in a font that just are not clear, or are hard to read. In this case, the small "d" doesn't really look like a "d" to me. The "q" also could use a slight modification.

I think that these fonts are chosen, and then the text is entered, but sometimes the artist may need to go back and make small modifications to parts of the text to make it more clear, or more fitting for the aplication of using it on a Coin.

Looking forward to watching this develop!!

Edit to add, each time I look back at the picture, the work "Kind" always looks like "King"(and when you are not looking directly at it). I only see the word for what it is when I read the whole line

Edited by WRITE SHOP ROBERT

I LOVE THE COIN...

I cannot wait till the final hopefully I will have the resources to get some for the kids and myself.

Both of my children attend/attened Catholic school, one is just out the other still there.

My only comment would be to make sure with Groundspeak that the religious reference does not

cause any heartburn. We have had a cache denied due to a Religious reference, and in ther guidelines

there is a rule dealing with Promotion of a Religious Agenda....BLAH,BLAH,BLAH....

Hate to see you do get the whole way and something go off track at he last minute.

Looks as if I need to put a jar aside and start to add money for the purchase.

GREAT IDEA, GOOD LOOKING COIN, I AM SURE IT WILL BE WELL RECEIVED

I LOVE THE COIN...

I cannot wait till the final hopefully I will have the resources to get some for the kids and myself.

Both of my children attend/attened Catholic school, one is just out the other still there.

My only comment would be to make sure with Groundspeak that the religious reference does not

cause any heartburn. We have had a cache denied due to a Religious reference, and in ther guidelines

there is a rule dealing with Promotion of a Religious Agenda....BLAH,BLAH,BLAH....

Hate to see you do get the whole way and something go off track at he last minute.

really ,,, wow Ive seen a few other christ coins, i could see if Groundspeak wouldent want to create conflick, but that fact is ,, in life weve tooken christ out of almost everything except church,,,, schools are not allows to make religious reference, the pepole downtown hackel the guys that preach from the street corner, you rarely see any one pray at meal time anymore, and in most cases you can get fired for making religious reference at work.

i think this is a good reason the world has changed over the past 10 yrs. not alot of kids talk about god anymore and in my opinion, that is why everyone has become so obsesed in material belongings, money and selfishness. society dosent have the same values as it did 10 yrs ago.

I LOVE THE COIN...

really ,,, wow Ive seen a few other christ coins, i could see if Groundspeak wouldent want to create conflick, but that fact is ,, in life weve tooken christ out of almost everything except church,,,, schools are not allows to make religious reference, the pepole downtown hackel the guys that preach from the street corner, you rarely see any one pray at meal time anymore, and in most cases you can get fired for making religious reference at work.

i think this is a good reason the world has changed over the past 10 yrs. not alot of kids talk about god anymore and in my opinion, that is why everyone has become so obsesed in material belongings, money and selfishness. society dosent have the same values as it did 10 yrs ago.

My Dad The Finding Irish 4 is correct it was one of my Caches that was denied, the Moderator was really great about it and helped us through the issue.

It was in the Cache Guidelines we just missed it, so no big deal, I changed the information to conform to the guidelines and it was published no problem at that point.

Under a seperate cover I will forward you the cache information so you can see it.

As for you statements reguarding the move from Religion we agree and I also love the coin.

Coins do not follow the same guidelines for agenda's that caches do so that should not be a problem with this coin.

That being said I would like to see some sort of personal name on this coin. Without a caching name on it the coin is just "preachy" With your name on it the coin becomes a statement of faith.

BTW, I am a Christian so don't take the preceding advice as being anti-Christian. I also don't like invitations given at a funeral. A time and place for everything.

Updated Artwork.

This is pretty much my final draft before samples. I'm still weighing in on whether the back is too plain, because I moved the tracking to the rim. A few questions:

1) How many should I mint?

2) Presale?

3) Is the back too plain?

4) Ideas on metal for non-color version?

5) You like?

front6.png

back6.png

front7.png

back7.png

Updated Artwork.

This is pretty much my final draft before samples. I'm still weighing in on whether the back is too plain, because I moved the tracking to the rim. A few questions:

2) Presale?

5) You like?

front6.png

back6.png

front7.png

back7.png

Add your caching nic to the back and make it a personal coin....

Updated Artwork.

2) Presale?

5) You like?

front6.png

back6.png

front7.png

back7.png

Considering it, but I'm not completely sold on the idea. Somehow it seems like it would muck up the coin. But I know alot of people do it (I have one of your's, it's gorgeous). Indecision...

I'll agree with Theotokos, a personal coin might have a more widespread appeal. Looking at the artwork, I can picture this being a very pretty coin. Being a non-Christian, I probably wouldn't buy a strictly Christian coin, but as a personal coin, is says "this is personal and important to the person whose name is on it, and since the person whose name is on it is way cool, I'm proud to own something with meaning to them" and a non-personal coin it says "this is important to me" Of course, it's your design, if you think it's more visually appealing as it is, don't feel you need to change it to appeal to anyone else. I'm pretty sure Christian commercial coins of the past sold pretty well.

If you're going to go the pre-sale route, do so after you have samples so people have a more accurate picture of what their coins will look like. It goes both ways: I've seen nice artwork turned into a coin I didn't really like, but also artwork that may not have appealed to me has turned out to be a gorgeous coin in the end. Some people may not pre-order from artwork alone because of this and then be disappointed to miss out on it when they see how beautiful it turns out.

For the one with no enamel, actually for both since there's a lot of metal showing, I'd suggest an antique finish, but then I do love how the antiques look :) Good luck with your coin project :o

I agree. In order to make the text flow, and take up some more of the empty space, you could move the text "Requires a different kind of GPS" to the top. That way, you read "This Cache", flip it over, then read the rest. Then you could put your caching name at the bottom without disturbing the flow. Then you got your personal, and a proclamation of faith.

I think the coin looks great. I would choose gold if you go with the color. Bronze would be my metal of choice without color, since just gold is a little ostentatious, and silver...well, in this case, that just brings other things to mind. Just keep in mind, in most cases you can do samples of both color and non, so you can get a feel for it.

Preorders are always good, are you selling them yourself? If so, reservations might be better, as PayPal frowns upon payments for items that don't exist yet. Also, talk to your minter, and see what kind of seller services they offer. This will also help you decide how many to mint.

Remember, if you are going to GCF, you will probably need more than you think. And keep some for trades...especially with me. :)

Just my $.02 (which somewhere during the typing became more like $1.50)

OK, you guys have convinced me. I'm putting on my caching name.

I'm going to get a set of 6 samples in various finishes, and I'll post them here.

I am planning on selling them myself, unless Oakcoins has a service that I'm not aware of.

What is a standard first minting run? 150? I wish I could go to GCF!!!

What is a standard first minting run? 150?

The minimums, for tracking numbers and icon, is 50 now, I believe. In most cases, the more you order, the cheaper they are. But you can always order more later, or in different finishes, and I believe you can mix and match any batch (For example, if you wanted 50 just metal and 50 with enamel).

The best advice I can give you at this point is to ask alot of questions of your coin company. Try to get them on the phone, if possible, since it's hard to get some things across in email. This is definately something you don't want to have to do over. I probably sent 30 emails, and had 4 long conversations with my coin company, but in the end, it turned out exactly how I wanted it. And I would definately work with that company again, so that's not a complaint. It's your coin, make sure it's what you want.

looks good...my only advice - for what it's worth - would be to put the "requires a different kind of GPS" text on the top of the coin and your cache name just to the left of the praying hands. Then the text doesn't go into the hands at all and is more readable...just a thought.

And really looking forward to getting one (or more) of these

Edited by Theotokos

looks good...my only advice - for what it's worth - would be to put the "requires a different kind of GPS" text on the top of the coin and your cache name just to the left of the praying hands. Then the text doesn't go into the hands at all and is more readable...just a thought.

I agree, but as stated, it's just advice. I so want to trade you one of these! Especially if you get a plain metal version. As a matter of fact, I'm willing to put one of my coins in the mail right now, just to make sure I get one. Absolutely beautiful coin, with an awesome message.

So take our advice or leave it, but get this to the mint! :P

I've ordered 6 samples, all in different finishes and metals. I'll post them here when complete.

Clan Doyle, you can let me know which you like the best when I get samples, and I'll be sure to trade with you!

I will be putting these up for sale, as well as trading. Thanks for the input!

Samples are being shipped. Below are the pics sent to me. Feedback please? I need to figure out which to order/how many to order? The writing on the back is slightly off center, but I don't know if I care enough to send it back to the mint.

Samples.jpg

samplesback.jpg

Edited by WOOGIEKIDS

Thanks. I'm leaning towards 1, 3, and 6 as well. I may change my mind once they're in hand.

How do individual sellers usually do this? I don't want to do pre-orders, but I would be open to reservations. How many to order of each finish? I'm thinking 50, 50, and 50.

IMO, 1....3....6.

I like 3 the best and actually like the front of 2, but not the back so much. What about doing #6 as a limited run. Something like 60, 60, and 30. Or even 50, 70, and 30...

honestly, I put 6 in my top line up, but I don't know if it would be very popular in the same numbers as the rest, but you make it a limited number and demand will grow for it.

Again, just my opinion. Overall, I love the coin! Great job!

I had that same thought about antiquing the silver. :ph34r: I think I'm going to go with 1, 3, 6 in antique. I may do a XLE of #5, just because I like the all gold (even though it's hard to read), and I want a few for myself.

Twotone is an interesting thought.

I've gotten a few e-mails asking for reservations, so if you want to, go ahead and send me one. I'll compile a spreadsheet, and send you an e-mail with the final coins (as well as post them here) when they are ready, so you can make your choices.

Thanks for all the input everyone! You've been very nice to a newbie. :lol: