Garmin County Caching comp

No, I'm looking at the 'current' batch, against the selection of past winners.

Aaaah - voting ended for those on Wednesday night, hence your lack of voting buttons. This weeks winner came from that lot.

The next load should appear at midnight tonight (I think)

That pic was apparently taken a few miles from Orkney's only Garmin cache....but the comp just says " Take an inspirational photo of the area where you found the geocache." so I'm sure they could argue that that pretty much covers the whole island... :PB)

That pic was apparently taken a few miles from Orkney's only Garmin cache....but the comp just says " Take an inspirational photo of the area where you found the geocache." so I'm sure they could argue that that pretty much covers the whole island... :PB)

I'd be most interested to find out how they (whoever they are) did it. Historic Scotland is very protective of Skara Brae and dogs* aren't allowed on site.

* OK, assistance dogs are, but it doesn't appear to be wearing a harness.

Just curious! Sorry, I have one of THOSE minds! :D

So - does anybody know broadriding???

No finds, no hides, no pics, no profile....... "caching" for 2 weeks???

Does anyone know where that cache is ? Does seem a bit of a farce through, no caches logged etc.

It's this one

That pic was apparently taken a few miles from Orkney's only Garmin cache....but the comp just says " Take an inspirational photo of the area where you found the geocache." so I'm sure they could argue that that pretty much covers the whole island... :anibad::laughing:

I'd be most interested to find out how they (whoever they are) did it. Historic Scotland is very protective of Skara Brae and dogs* aren't allowed on site.

* OK, assistance dogs are, but it doesn't appear to be wearing a harness.

Just curious! Sorry, I have one of THOSE minds! :anitongue:

If it is that cache then I am with JackieC as Skara Brae which IS the location of the picture, is approximately 6km north of the cache. Hardly an inspirational picture of the cache site.

Now do a Google Image search for 'Skara Brae dog' and see what results you get? Then take note of when and what it was used for! I may just be a taj bit over sceptical, but it certainly appears suss to me.

which features the best submissions to this theme of our photo competition 2008

:anibad:

edit to add.

Rule 2. (snipped)

There are selected geocaches in the counties of England, Ireland, Wales and Scotland which have been selected by Garmin. In order to enter you must select the geocache you want to find, physically locate the geocache and take a photo of the area that the geocache is placed in.

?

No log, no DNF, no note.

Edited by Bear and Ragged

...quite apart from being taken miles away from any of the caches on Orkney. Mind, if you can't beat them... :anibad:

Actually, my current photo 'Trig and I' was taken within a few hundred feet of the cache, at the only landmark in miles, so I think that counts. Mext week's will be vikings on a ferry after finding the Bressay Lookout Tower cache on Shetland, so I think that counts too... (Please Vote For Me! :laughing:)

Edited by Simply Paul

Quick Update

Our concerns regarding the 9th weekly winner "broadriding" and his picture of Skara Brae, could well have been justified. Garmin have removed the photo, and chosen a new winner "bambography". Garmin have confirmed with me, that the original winner has now been disqualified from the competition.

Regards Tarot

Quick Update

Our concerns regarding the 9th weekly winner "broadriding" and his picture of Skara Brae, could well have been justified. Garmin have removed the photo, and chosen a new winner "bambography". Garmin have confirmed with me, that the original winner has now been disqualified from the competition.

Regards Tarot

I'm pleased that Groundspeak & Garmin have listened to and looked into the complaints that were made. It would appear as though the owners of the dog picture had broken the rules, perhaps more than one?

I haven't had a confirmation of my complaint that I made of the same picture. Not that it really matters.

Not again! :anibad::o:D

This one is even more liberal with the meaning of "take a photograph of the area that the geocache is placed in". That photo has got to be at least 30 miles away from one of the qualifying caches.

I recognise the lookout post, its near the Hoxa Head cache, so the ferry is the Pentland ferry that docks at St. Margarets Hope.

Using this logic I can take a picture in Edinburgh and log it as Perth!!!

Cool!!! :P

Are they being a little more cautious with the winner this week??

It certainly looks that way, because the weekly winner is normally announced on a Friday night. Perhaps we will have to wait until Tuesday, which is when the previous two amended winners have been announced.

Regards Tarot

It certainly looks that way, because the weekly winner is normally announced on a Friday night. Perhaps we will have to wait until Tuesday, which is when the previous two amended winners have been announced.

Regards Tarot

Sorry for the delay everyone, we've had a few people out with flu this week. We will get the winner up as soon as possible!! Thanks for your patience :laughing:

~ Colin

Groundspeak Lackey

Regards Tarot

Sorry for the delay everyone, we've had a few people out with flu this week. We will get the winner up as soon as possible!! Thanks for your patience <_<

~ Colin

Groundspeak Lackey

Swines :D

Sorry for the delay everyone, we've had a few people out with flu this week. We will get the winner up as soon as possible!! Thanks for your patience :blink:

~ Colin

Groundspeak Lackey

I had always thought that Garmin updated the site, until I read the post from Colin. I guess that Garmin have already picked the weekly winner, but are waiting for Groundspeak to update the site. Perhaps the winner has already been informed by email, and we are waiting for the picture to be published.

Tarot