Another view of Geocaching

I don't know how many people read the "Geocaching in the News" links in the Groundspeak Weekly Mailer. After a few you get to spot some patterns. After more than a few you stop reading, unless you enjoy looking for minor errors by journalists, or seeing whether your caching buddies look better in a press photo than in real life.

So I wanted to bring this article to wider attention, and also to give a little kudos to Groundspeak for including it. (Acknowledgement to FlagMan, who already linked to this article in the West and SouthWest regional forum.)

Cute article! (I knew we looked stupid while searching. Now we have an unbiased testimony to that effect. Time to invest in wigs and dark glasses so our friends and neighbors can't recognize us so easily.)

Anyone got the non tinyurl ? tinyurl is not working for me.

I always wanted a tricorder. My cellphone looks more like one than my GPS, though. If only I could get that cool sound to go along with my GPS. Now my nuvi plays mp3's but not my legend :D I felt a little like this guy when I found out about geocaching, too, but it wasn't nearly as mainstream 7 years ago.

EDIT: I'm not sure, but I think my GPS is in here <

> Edited by honeychile