Fastest SBA?

forman

Ok kiddies.

I have had a cache in the Bahamas, Nassau's First Cache GCC40D Hidden: 1/13/2003

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...b1-342449b75e86

Someone claims to have been there and DNF it. One minute later post a SBA cause of multi DNFs.

6 minutes later it was archived.

Don't get any faster than that!

This cache has been replace a few times while cachers have been on vacation.

Yeah.........it was placed before vacation caches were banned, my bad. But at least people have something to do there

She got home from her trip, logged her DNF, then her SBA. Reviewer dude gets the SBA notice as he's online doing his thing. He sees the string of DNF's and the fact that it's an oldschool vacation cache, hits the archive button and moves on.

He should have sent and email or notice first but by archiving it he knows well that any replacement you may be able to arrange will not meet the current guidelines and he scores a clean kill in the process.

This cache has 113 finds over the span of 6 1/2 years. It's gone missing twice before and replaced both times. I'd call it a quality cache and don't see why it was archived at all, let alone without warning.

This cache has 113 finds over the span of 6 1/2 years. It's gone missing twice before and replaced both times. I'd call it a quality cache and don't see why it was archived at all, let alone without warning.

Right or wrong, I would say the reason was this:

"all cache placements will need to comply with the current geocaching.com guidelines."

Right or wrong, I would say the reason was this:

"all cache placements will need to comply with the current geocaching.com guidelines."

I bet that the response would be that all caches must be maintained. It really has nothing to do with the cache being a grandfathered vacation cache. Multiple DNFs since March with not as much as a note from teh cache owner says 'unmaintained'.

I own a grandfathered cache (twice grandfathered, actually). I am well aware that if it went unmaintained, it would be archived and lost forever.

Edited by sbell111