What exactly is a pocket querie?

CaribuRoo

I thought a pocket querie was something you generate to find caches along a route you will travel...

I'm travelling from BC into Alberta next week ... about 700km. I generated a PQ along the route I will take (did it in two stages due to mileage). Today I get the email and it tells me my PQ had no results.

I don't get it.

Can someone please explain a little better about it (Oh, I have read the link I found here somewhere last week).

Thanks in advance!

I thought a pocket querie was something you generate to find caches along a route you will travel...

A PQ is a predefined, scheduled search against the geocaching database. It is not synonymous with "geocaches along a route", although a button to that effect does show up on the PQ main page and you can make a PQ out of it.

I will let others with personal experience chime in. I have done it in gpsbabel but not GC. I assume GC uses babel under the hood.

The usual reason that you get no results is because of conflicting parameters. You have to realize when you select certain parameters it is an AND statement, not an OR statement.

For example if you select "caches that are active" and "caches that are inactive", you won't get both, you will get neither because a cache can't be both active AND inactive.

Similarly if you select "caches that I own" and "caches that I don't own" you'll get zilch because you can't both own AND not own a cache.