sure is hard to list a new geocache!

roadstar6063

Just spent half an hour trying to list a new multi cache and lost it in a second

My advice is to save early and often. Unclick the button that makes the cache active, then you can edit, view, re-edit, re-view to your heart's content. When the cache is finally ready for your reviewer, update the "placed" date, re-click that button that makes the cache active, put a friendly note in for the volunteer reviewer thanking him/her for their time, and BINGO!

I work at a helpdesk so I end up dealing with users who have lost data fairly frequently. I usually tell people the same thing 4boehms said. Save often and save in multiple places. If the cache listing is going to be big, write it up in a word document on your hard drive before submitting it.

There are way too many little things that can happen... power outage, server down, accidentally hitting F5, etc.

Edited by Arrow42

Just spent half an hour trying to list a new multi cache and lost it in a second

I'll second what Arrow42 said about writing the listing in another program. I usually write mine in FrontPage, then copy the html code when I'm done and paste it into the cache listing text box, and then click the "html" box.

An html editor will let you make some nice looking listings, with no risk of losing your work due to connection issues.

Saving your work as you go along is also critical to avoiding frustration, even when working locally (as others have said).