Pocket Query The Lake District

Now i could just sit down and use google maps and previews to find some search centres and date ranges to pocket query the lake district.

but

has anyone else allready done the leg work and can let me know thier PQ set up please.

Ta

Mark

nb holiday end of August

Also any cache recomendations would be appreciated ive started a bookmark list here note we have found a few in the lakes in the past.

If you like puzzles, and you haven't already done them, May The Lord Be With You and May The Lord Be With You Too are excellent.

Other than that...I've only ever found one Lake District cache that wasn't worth the effort ( a micro in a location crying out for a regular), so my experience would suggest that whatever you go for, you'll enjoy it.

Have fun!

(BTW...PQ parameters are simply nearest 500 unfound to the rented cottage!)

Other than that...I've only ever found one Lake District cache that wasn't worth the effort ( a micro in a location crying out for a regular), so my experience would suggest that whatever you go for, you'll enjoy it.

Have fun!

(BTW...PQ parameters are simply nearest 500 unfound to the rented cottage!)

I'd second that. Living in the area :) We are rather spoilt by high-qualiity caches. None of this micros in Ivy rubbish. Except one of mine actually! But thats a micro in Hawthorn. :P

I spent the last bank holiday up there, and generally agree, lots of good quality caches.

It all depends on where you're based, but I did the Jason's Jaunt series (GC1PM42), which is a series of 11 caches over about 6 miles near Staveley (near Windermere). Not too tough a walk either, I enjoyed it.

Have a look at our profile for some ideas: we go up to the Lakes at least twice a year so we've done quite a few. If you PM us with an idea of the sort of things you like (puzzles, multis, trads, etc) and the kind of walks/terrain you prefer I can make you a shortlist. What area are you staying in?

We do a PQ based on the rough co-ords of where we're staying (using Memory Map) and just upload the lot to take with us.

Many thanks for the suggestions.

Have sorted the PQ's now if anyone is interested.

Centre point N 54 27.731 W 003 01.456

Radius of PQ 32 miles.

Placed between

Jan 01 1994 - Nov 20th 2006

Nov 21st 2006 - Oct 21st 2008

Oct 22nd 2008 - present day

This captures all current lake district caches in 3 pocket queries.

The last pq returns 274 caches.

If you use these please note we have found some lake district caches before and these are excluded from our PQ.

Many thanks for the suggestions.

Have sorted the PQ's now if anyone is interested.

Centre point N 54 27.731 W 003 01.456

Radius of PQ 32 miles.

Placed between

Jan 01 1994 - June 20th 2007

June 21st 2007 - March 10th 2009

March 11th 2009 - present day

This captures all current lake district caches in 3 pocket queries.

The last pq returns 111 caches.

If you use these please note we have found some lake district caches before and these are excluded from our PQ.

Slight correction ! id misstyped the centre point on the first PQ (used 53 instead of 54) throwing all the rest out.

It was only when checking my old GSAK database to update some archived caches that i realised that it had gone wrong.

NB i would of edited the old post but it wont let me :)

Edited by markandlynn