ebay pirate selling stolen cache loot

Does anyone know what cache it was or who the CO is? I think it might be GC1A7X4.

By the way, 16 Travel bugs in one cache?!? I've never seen such a thing.

GC1A7X4 would hardly qualify as "private property".

Besides, why would someone be using a metal detector on this private property? Hmmmmm??

No, we don't know that yet. What makes you suspect GCxxxx?

16 TBs in a TB Hotel is not unusual, (although actually this is what is considered by some to be a TB Prison because of the swapping stipulation:)

P.S...If you take a Travel Bug or Geocoin, please also leave a Travel Bug or Geocoin in it's place. Hence the term "swapping!"

When I googled that sellers user name I came back with a hit on twitter. The location for both profiles is set for Central/ Orlando, FL.

A further search for that name gave me an address in central, FL.

A PQ on the nearest cache, regular size and containing TBs. Gave me a list. The GC mentioned above had the most trackables, hasn't been found (or looked for) since June 20. The cache trasher sold the metal detector he used to find the cache, two days ago. Asuming the average sale takes 3-5 day to complete this would give him time to find it, trash it, sell the goods and metal detector (for whatever reason) and no one has checked it since.

On the TB Prisons.

I completely disregard whatever restrictions cache owners place on the trackable in their caches. It is the trackables owner that sets the goals. There is no need to keep 16 TB in the cache unless it is a new set of 16 every cache find. An empty TB hotel is a well run TB hotel.

Edited by JohnE5

This listing (320388483922) has been removed or is no longer available.

Well, looks as its gone now, for whatever reason.

Maybe he was reading this thread and realized that he wasn't anonymous and people could easily get his name, address, phone number, mother and fathers names and track down where he works, what he drives, etc.

Nah, his conscience probably just got to him.

This listing (320388483922) has been removed, or this item is not available.

Hi Guys,

As a very regular ebay seller for 10 years I can tell you that this listing has been removed by ebay. You as a seller do not have the ability to remove a listing, only close it. If ebay was informed by 5 unique id's that the listing is stolen goods they will remove it and the seller receives a strike. 3 strikes and the seller will be suspended for 30 days.

Just an FYI.

I almost wished that this auction went through. With a Negative feedback stating that he is selling stolen goods it would follow him forever as long as he used that ID. The percentage falls off after 12 months but the big red negative remains on the front page no less until he sells 25 more items.

Hi Guys,

As a very regular ebay seller for 10 years I can tell you that this listing has been removed by ebay. You as a seller do not have the ability to remove a listing, only close it. If ebay was informed by 5 unique id's that the listing is stolen goods they will remove it and the seller receives a strike. 3 strikes and the seller will be suspended for 30 days.

Just an FYI.

I almost wished that this auction went through. With a Negative feedback stating that he is selling stolen goods it would follow him forever as long as he used that ID. The percentage falls off after 12 months but the big red negative remains on the front page no less until he sells 25 more items.

Just an FYI you're way off. Stolen item reports are generally then turned over to the reporting party (person who emailed in) with instructions on how to have the investigating officer contact ebay. This may or may not lead to an account being suspended for any time period. Just because you consider something to be stolen doesn't mean it is. Especially when people are trespassing on Private Property in the first place.

I think he relisted the bugs again, but stated he just wanted .01 for them and for them to be placed back into circulation. I wrote to him apologizing for the badly placed cache, and asked to obtain / pick up the bugs at his convenience, as I live nearby in Clermont, Fl.

When I sent the message, ebay informed me the item was no longer available. I hope he got my message and would like me to come collect them. Moparots / Craig

I am the owner of GC1A7X4 and it is safe and sound. I just took a quick break from work and checked on it myself. It would have been nice for you to have checked with me about my cache FIRST, instead of serving it up on the forums as being gone. Plus, I have permission to have it placed there.

Hi Guys,

Just an FYI.

Just an FYI you're way off. Stolen item reports are generally then turned over to the reporting party (person who emailed in) with instructions on how to have the investigating officer contact ebay. This may or may not lead to an account being suspended for any time period. Just because you consider something to be stolen doesn't mean it is. Especially when people are trespassing on Private Property in the first place.

Yes, you do receive an automated response from ebay about contacting the authorities but this does not change the fact that ebay has a micro scripted to automatically remove listings if there is suspect of theft due to court order from a case passed last year. The seller can always dispute the removal but it is not commonly done. All it takes is 5 unique ID's to report stolen property and ebay automatically remove.

Hi Guys,

Just an FYI.

I notice you just joined the grounspeak forums and this was your first post and it was in defense of something (arguably) illegal. I will try to be polite.

I have been Ebaying for around 10 years. I can assure you that you are incorrect. Ebay will pull a listing if it is reported as stolen property, especially one with the description that you the seller had.

I urge you the seller to please return the travel bugs to the game, however you seller want to. Anyone here would gladly reimburse you the seller the cost of postage to send them to them so they could be put back in the game.

Does anyone know what cache it was or who the CO is? I think it might be GC1A7X4.

By the way, 16 Travel bugs in one cache?!? I've never seen such a thing.

No, we don't know that yet. What makes you suspect GC1A7X4?

16 TBs in a TB Hotel is not unusual, (although actually this is what is considered by some to be a TB Prison because of the swapping stipulation:)

P.S...If you take a Travel Bug or Geocoin, please also leave a Travel Bug or Geocoin in it's place. Hence the term "swapping!"

I look at them as an ALR, and will not approve them with that stipulation.

When caching, I normally ignore the prison requirement...the bugs/coins are not theirs.

I notice you just joined the grounspeak forums and this was your first post and it was in defense of something (arguably) illegal. I will try to be polite.

I have been Ebaying for around 10 years. I can assure you that you are incorrect. Ebay will pull a listing if it is reported as stolen property, especially one with the description that you the seller had.

I urge you the seller to please return the travel bugs to the game, however you seller want to. Anyone here would gladly reimburse you the seller the cost of postage to send them to them so they could be put back in the game.

I'd strongly suggest that you remove the implied accusations in your post, Bittsen. Just because 'starkweatherink' is a new account does not implicate them in anything.

I noticed when I posted my comment about my cache GC1A7X4 not being the cache talked about here, that it left my post number at 0. I haven't used the forums before and only came here to post that my cache was safe. JohnE5 emailed me about this pirated cache and thought it was mine. It isn't and wish he would have emailed me first before putting it in the forum. My cache is safe and ready, plus permission was granted!

I'd strongly suggest that you remove the implied accusations in your post, Bittsen. Just because 'starkweatherink' is a new account does not implicate them in anything.

I did. I crossed out where I implied that they were the seller of the travel bugs.

Even though the evidence is overwhelmingly implicating, I realize that it is circumstantial.

Thanks, again, chad knower for singling me out of the foray.

I did. I crossed out where I implied that they were the seller of the travel bugs.

Even though the evidence is overwhelmingly implicating, I realize that it is circumstantial.

Thanks, again, chad knower for singling me out of the foray.

I guess you didn't know that you can simply edit your words instead of crossing them out. I'm sure that you had no libelous or defamatory intent toward another forum user.

Hi Guys,

Just an FYI.

Being an eBay member myself I can assure you that you are not completely correct.*edited*(Speaking of general member reports). If it is reported by a Law Enforcement official with proper documentation then yes absolutely it is removed and the seller may face suspension. However just random reports from different members will Not have this same effect. That is why the instruction is sent to the reporter so that the Authorities may contact ebay to verify that the item is in fact stolen. Only after that will they be removed from the site as a member after even the first violation. I understand that what I had said may have been perceived in a different manner and I apologize if I have offended anyone.

Edited by starkweatherink

Hi Guys,

Just an FYI.

Being an eBay member myself I can assure you that you are not completely correct.*edited*(Speaking of general member reports). If it is reported by a Law Enforcement official with proper documentation then yes absolutely it is removed and the seller may face suspension. However just random reports from different members will Not have this same effect. That is why the instruction is sent to the reporter so that the Authorities may contact ebay to verify that the item is in fact stolen. Only after that will they be removed from the site as a member after even the first violation. I understand that what I had said may have been perceived in a different manner and I apologize if I have offended anyone.

Humbling stating you are wrong.... I will repeat myself:

Yes, you do receive an automated response from ebay about contacting the authorities but this does not change the fact that ebay has a micro scripted to automatically remove listings if there is suspect of theft due to court order from a case passed last year. The seller can always dispute the removal but it is not commonly done. All it takes is 5 unique ID's to report stolen property and ebay automatically remove.

Let's just say, I do a little work in San Jose Ca....... you connect the dots.

This listing was removed by ebay because it was reported as stolen items by unique ID's. The second listing that was placed by the seller:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Geocaching-Travel-Bug-...alenotsupported

He canceled himself but can not have it removed from the database..... he has to wait it out for 30 days before it being esponged.

Hi Guys,

Just an FYI.

This listing was removed by ebay because it was reported as stolen items by unique ID's. The second listing that was placed by the seller:

He canceled himself but can not have it removed from the database..... he has to wait it out for 30 days before it being esponged.

I need to find a way to PM you, other than that, check Iweb. I do a little work myself in SLC

Hi Guys,

Just an FYI.

I need to find a way to PM you, other than that, check Iweb. I do a little work myself in SLC

You are more then welcomed to contact me but this doesn't change the fact that all these TB are still being held by this person. A person whom has been selling a lot of items as of late and pulled his latest auction in fear of another theft report and/or negative. This would drastically affect his/her selling ability in the future. A negative and 1 stars across the board could actually drop them below a threshold that they wouldn't be able to sell for awhile.

I would be more then willing to submit a proposal to this seller. If he sets up a buy-it-now with best offer then we can get these TB back in the wild. Set the auction for $100 OBO if they like and they can screen offers that come in to assure that it is somebody from the caching community. I will be happy to offer $10 for their trouble plus shipping of course. After TB is received the buyer can post on this thread that all is well and give the seller positive feedback with 5 stars.

OR

The seller can always drop it in a local cache. They obvously have an account because they checked to see if the TB has been logged according to their first listing.

You are more then welcomed to contact me but this doesn't change the fact that all these TB are still being held by this person. A person whom has been selling a lot of items as of late and pulled his latest auction in fear of another theft report and/or negative. This would drastically affect his/her selling ability in the future. A negative and 1 stars across the board could actually drop them below a threshold that they wouldn't be able to sell for awhile.

I would be more then willing to submit a proposal to this seller. If he sets up a buy-it-now with best offer then we can get these TB back in the wild. Set the auction for $100 OBO if they like and they can screen offers that come in to assure that it is somebody from the caching community. I will be happy to offer $10 for their trouble plus shipping of course. After TB is received the buyer can post on this thread that all is well and give the seller positive feedback with 5 stars.

OR

The seller can always drop it in a local cache. They obvously have an account because they checked to see if the TB has been logged according to their first listing.

Adam The seller could just post a listing for a penny with a buy it now for a penny. Then email the person he works a "deal" with to let them know the listing is there and then the buyer could buy it before it goes to general search results. Same thing as you said with the feedback.

Adam The seller could just post a listing for a penny with a buy it now for a penny. Then email the person he works a "deal" with to let them know the listing is there and then the buyer could buy it before it goes to general search results. Same thing as you said with the feedback.

For someone who likes to point out trouble in past threads last week, you sure carry on and on with your passive aggressive nature. Got any proof Adam is the seller? If not, grow up.

Edited by bflentje

For someone who likes to point out trouble in past threads last week, you sure carry on and on with your passive aggressive nature. Got any proof Adam is the seller? If not, grow up.

Oh, Adam was just the name of the first man on earth but then I thought better of posting a random name so I crossed it out. Do I have any proof of anyone in particular? Yes, I do. Will I post it here? No, of course not. Whether or not it is against the ToS, I wouldn't post anyones real time information without their permission.

With out the intention of degrading this thread more, I can't help but notice that your comment sounds a little aggressive. Do you know the seller? Is he a friend of yours? If so, can you ask him to return the travel bugs to the game somehow?

Edited by bittsen

With out the intention of degrading this thread more, I can't help but notice that your comment sounds a little aggressive. Do you know the seller? Is he a friend of yours? If so, can you ask him to return the travel bugs to the game somehow?

You certainly failed in your intention.

bittsen Someone took the TBs out of the Cache... maybe thats all we need to know.

Edited by herrozerro

bittsen Someone took the TBs out of the Cache... maybe thats all we need to know.

Now that there is funny.

Is there a member here named Adam? If so, I apologize. I didn't ever intend to imply that a member named Adam was the culprit.

To the member named Adam, I am sorry if I have caused you any strife.

The forums sure have been lively lately with knowschad / mrbort / bittsen banter lately. Thanks for the entertainment fellas! :P

I'm glad you're enjoying it... not sure I can say the same! There are certain types of things to which I just can't help responding! It's work, I tells ya.

The forums sure have been lively lately with knowschad / mrbort / bittsen banter lately. Thanks for the entertainment fellas! :P

I'm glad you're enjoying it... not sure I can say the same! There are certain types of things to which I just can't help responding! It's work, I tells ya.

I think it has something to do with dogs and dragons.

Speaking of which, mrbort, I think I like the old avatar better. The new one looks a little distorted.

The forums sure have been lively lately with knowschad / mrbort / bittsen banter lately. Thanks for the entertainment fellas! :D

I think it has something to do with dogs and dragons.

Speaking of which, mrbort, I think I like the old avatar better. The new one looks a little distorted.

Lol on the dogs vs dragons :P Reality vs Fantasy? I kid. I agree that the new one looks squashed. I created a square one just now that will display at some point someday :) It took a while for the new one to update so I dunno when it will show up!

Lol on the dogs vs dragons :P Reality vs Fantasy? I kid. I agree that the new one looks squashed. I created a square one just now that will display at some point someday :) It took a while for the new one to update so I dunno when it will show up!

Log out and then log back in twice.

It works every time.

It works every time.

Thank you for the suggestion :P Seriously, though we do have our differences, I appreciate the civility in the suggestion... speaks well for civil dialogue.

Didn't seem to work -- probably has to do with the synchronization of the forum and caching db servers. I'll grit it out :)

It works every time.

Thank you for the suggestion :P Seriously, though we do have our differences, I appreciate the civility in the suggestion... speaks well for civil dialogue.

Didn't seem to work -- probably has to do with the synchronization of the forum and caching db servers. I'll grit it out :)

I am nothing, if not civil.

It works every time.

Thank you for the suggestion :D Seriously, though we do have our differences, I appreciate the civility in the suggestion... speaks well for civil dialogue.

Didn't seem to work -- probably has to do with the synchronization of the forum and caching db servers. I'll grit it out B)

I am nothing, (snip).

Sorry Bittsen - I really have nothing against you, just couldn't resist some levity here :P:)

Ironic... the only item he has for sale on EBay now, is a set of stereographic photos, which he claims "Very Patriotic", but, if I remember the photo of the confiscated TB tags, & coins.. there were a few blue-filled rings in the lower-right corner.. those were "United For Diabetes" tribute travel bugs. He claims patriotic, yet ignores heart-felt tributes to people who died? I'm sorry.. you can't have it both ways..

as of yet, I don't see any strikes, or bad marks.. Just one semi-negative feedback about a camera that was sold as-is, where he basically yelled back at the buyer "Didn't you read the ad?")

The drawback.. those tags are as good as gone... Nothing we can do about it.. EBay has washed its hands of the ordeal, by removing the post.

Hello everyone. This is my first post. I have been following this thread and the Ebay listing. First off I don't like the idea of making deals with Geocache-terrorist but all the talking in the world is not going to return those tags to their rightful owners. I contacted the ebay sell and Im trying to buy the tags. If I do get them then I plan to return them to their owners at my own cost. We must remember that the sport/hobbiy/addiction that we all share is not embraced by everyone. If it were then I don't think it would be nearly as much fun. Without the muggles stealth would not be needed and that feeling of getting away it would be gone. I'm new to the hole geocache world but it seems to that revenge is not something that I want to get from the game.

It works every time.

Looks like the bandwidth is squeezed on the avatar server. Bittsen... what do you think?

My point is now proven more than ever.

It works every time.

Looks like the bandwidth is squeezed on the avatar server. Bittsen... what do you think?

The picture being used doesn't show as being 75X75px. It still shows the original 75X56.

I suspect it's operator error.

The picture being used doesn't show as being 75X75px. It still shows the original 75X56.

I suspect it's operator error.

But that could be *because* the avatar server's bandwidth is being squeezed. Obviously the bandheight is just fine.

Edited by knowschad