MISSION: Milestone Mission

fuzziebear3

Somebody asked about one of the milestone geocoins, and I had an idea.

I was thinking of starting a traveling ACTIVATED milestone geocoin.

I would even volunteer to start this, and I should get to 500 in a month or so. Maybe I could get one of the engraved ones, and engrave it something like 'geocoin forum milestone mission traveler'

Here is how it could work:

If you are at or near your milestone, you could post in this thread. The person that currently has the traveling milestone coin would then send it to you. You could grab it from the current owner, love it for a while, dip it in a cache or two. Since it would be a mission, if they wanted to include any extras for the recipient, they could do that too.

What does anyone think? Would this work, or would it die too quick? Anyone have a milestone (how about 500?) coming up?

Edited by Flying Spaghetti Monster

I'm currently only 17 away from my 500 milestone. I was hoping to reach it this weekend at our 9th Anniversary of Caching in Canada event, or at the nearby cache GCBBA - First Cache in Canada. But the rain may interfere. Personally, I'm not against caching in the rain, but I may encounter some resistance from my wife and kids. :mad:

OK, I have the coin in hand!!

Here is the coin page: Geocoin Forum Geo-Achievement Coin

I will complete my 500 finds this weekend, and will send this out to the next recipient next week!

So, who is close to a milestone and wants to play? Note that any milestone is acceptable for the mission, but the coin is for 500 finds.

If there are multiple respondants, I would like to pick the person that is closest to their next milestone, or closest to 500, so that those who are farther away will still have a chance later.

Excellent idea for a coin mission. :blink:

We already met our previous milestone of 1,000 a couple months back. It's going to take us quite a long while for the next. Otherwise, we'd definitely sign up. We've only participated in 1 mission so far... which is actually our jr. explorer doing it.

Good luck & congrats to everyone on reaching their milestones! :)

Yippee, I got my 500, and dipped the coin. So I am ready to send it to the next recipient.

After reviewing those who posted in this thread, I am going to pick grodan & fiabus as they are only 18 away from their 1000. I think they can finish that up in the next couple of weeks (consider that a challenge), and then they can send it on to the next eligible player (who might be RiverCacher but that will have to be determined later).

So, g&f, please send me your address via e-mail, and I will get this mission sent on to you this week.

Yippee, I got my 500, and dipped the coin. So I am ready to send it to the next recipient.

After reviewing those who posted in this thread, I am going to pick grodan & fiabus as they are only 18 away from their 1000. I think they can finish that up in the next couple of weeks (consider that a challenge), and then they can send it on to the next eligible player (who might be RiverCacher but that will have to be determined later).

So, g&f, please send me your address via e-mail, and I will get this mission sent on to you this week.

I have got caught up on some logs and i am at 867 but i found a bunch over the weekend so i will be going over 900 so 1000 will not be a problem at all for the GCF.

I am planning a trip to Bend Oregon this coming weekend so i will get atleast 20 to 50 on the trip.

I used to never log my finds but i am tired of finding the same ones and having them show up in my qaurry's

I also cleared out a whole town of caches over the weekend so it is nice to have a since of compleation.

The GCF will be my 1000th logged find along with 300 hides :?}

If i was to get the mission it would be Nice if i could hand it off at the GCF in person. HUMMM

Thanks for the chance to be involved.

Edited by River Cacher

Congrats on # 500!

Just stumbled across this thread -- we are at 491 and will be logging # 500 on 10-10-09 with the MS Alphabet Challenge in Jackson, MS -- would like to get in on this if we can. That cache is being logged on our way to NOLA for a cruise, so we could also take it for a dip in Mexico and get it some international mileage.

....spelling edit....

Edited by mndvs737

Package sent the other day to river cacher. Hopefully it will get to him in time.

Thanks for the mission. Congrats to all milestoners out there.

grodan Karin

When i got home from Geocoinfest i had a wonderful package awaiting me.

Looks like in need to log about 50 of the caches i found lately to hit the 1000 mark.

Thanks so much and now to see where it goes ????

Lets see where this will be hopping to next HUMMMM :(

Greetings, all!

I am currently at 249 caches, and WILL find #250 next week when I take a caching trip with my sister, Echo Echo. The semester will be over then, and I am really looking forward to making some headway on my total caches found, my fizzy, my Arkansas State Parks challenge, and my Arkansas counties challenge.

I'm not sure if the cut-off for this mission was 500 or not. If it is, then I'll have to wait till next year for this one! It just gives me a warm-fuzzy feeling to share this information with people who can appreciate it.

I know this has nothing to do with reaching a personal caching milestone, but if I'm not BADLY mistaken, there are a few out there predicting that the 1,000,000th cache will be placed sometime in February!!

Now, THAT'S a milestone! Wouldn't it be great to be THE one to place that cache? I'm going to have to keep an eye out and see if I can find out what cache it is, and send a special TB its way.

I'm also only 9 away from meeting my goal of averaging 1 cache/day for 2009 with a whole month to spare!

This is a reason to celebrate, for sure! I am excited about getting 250 here fairly soon, but I got to thinking: if I could find one cache per day for a year, I would be well beyond 250 after 8-9 months. And to think you did this while also hosting a CITO and a geocoin event and minting a personal... 2009 has been good for you!

Greetings, all!

I am currently at 249 caches, and WILL find #250 next week when I take a caching trip with my sister, Echo Echo. The semester will be over then, and I am really looking forward to making some headway on my total caches found, my fizzy, my Arkansas State Parks challenge, and my Arkansas counties challenge.

I'm not sure if the cut-off for this mission was 500 or not. If it is, then I'll have to wait till next year for this one! It just gives me a warm-fuzzy feeling to share this information with people who can appreciate it.

Erin I have also reached 249 and hope to get my 250th at an event Saturday afternoon. The event (GC20D3H) is being held to welcome home a local cacher, surf89, from Iraq. Besides being honored for serving his country he is well known and held in high esteem for his unique and inspiring caches in this area. Can't think of a better way of reaching this personal milestone.

Greetings, all!

I am currently at 249 caches, and WILL find #250 next week when I take a caching trip with my sister, Echo Echo.

Erin I have also reached 249 and hope to get my 250th at an event Saturday afternoon. The event (GC20D3H) is being held to welcome home a local cacher, surf89, from Iraq. Besides being honored for serving his country he is well known and held in high esteem for his unique and inspiring caches in this area. Can't think of a better way of reaching this personal milestone.

That is AWESOME! I, too, am trying to think of a "special" way to ring in #250. I had an opportunity to find the 250th cache, but the last two caches on my route were PNGs at a Wal-mart Supercenter and the county courthouse. Not speaking against PNGs or the business or establishment listed above, but I just had a moment of pickiness! I think you can relate, FScout.

Congratulations on #250, and maybe we can celebrate #500 in 2010?!

Mission Milestone has landed, in Ontario Canada :mad:

For my 300th cache I wanted to pick a cache of some importance, well GC384 (Bending Tree) was chosen and completed on Dec. 5/09. Why you may ask is it important, well it was hidden Feb.26 2001, the second oldest cache in Ontario and it was in my backyard so to speak (18 miles or 29 km).

Starting from the parking lot of a forested area that is mere yards away from the Trans Canada Highway, one of the busiest, as we walked further into the forest the sound of traffic just disappeared. It was a sunny but cool day with the ground hardening for the winter and just enough snow on the ground.

As we broke away from the main trail and began a walk along a path that edged the lake, Ki remarked that even if we didn’t find, this would be her favourite cache, I could not agree more.

We did not stop with this cache but did another three to boot and watch a train pass by on its way to western Canada, but the highlight will always be “Bending Tree”.

Thank you to fuzziebear3 for the donation of this Mission Coin and to my contributor and friend River Cacher for the acknowledgement of my feat and the celebration card and coin.

001-11.jpg

As the coin has zeros in it(500) I'll send it off to a recipient who is nearest a X00 or a X000 or anyone that is close. :D

Congrats to kini_ont on your milestone!!!

I am all set to hit my milestone/goal of 2000 finds by the end of this month/year! I currently have 1907 finds but have found a great series of 126 caches just a short drive south of home. So me and Tamster56 are planning on hitting those 126 caches on the 30th to put me over the top!!!

edited to add:

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

:rolleyes:

Edited by JohnMac56

Congrats to kini_ont on your milestone!!!

I am all set to hit my milestone/goal of 2000 finds by the end of this month/year! I currently have 1907 finds but have found a great series of 126 caches just a short drive south of home. So me and Tamster56 are planning on hitting those 126 caches on the 30th to put me over the top!!!

edited to add:

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

:ph34r:

WOW :o 126 cache on the 30th, I thought getting your 2000th was a lofty goal :rolleyes:

Don't think I can get the mission coin to you by then but it will be on the way, all I can say is "go johnny go go" (thanks Chuck Berry) :D

Special Congrats kini_ont on your 300th find, and the writeup here as well as the picture on the coin page. I love seeing this mission traveling along. The coin's page has been updated with your information.

JohnMac56 - impressive on the 2000 find you are planning, I look forward to updating the page with your information as well!

MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone!

Edited by fuzziebear3

Woo Hoo!!! I made my 2000th find yesterday!!! We actually made a total of 100 finds during the day, which is also a record for me and which also boosted me up over the 2000 finds mark! Can't wait to receive the mission...

And I have set my goal for next year at 3000 finds by year end...

CONGRATULATIONS

The mission Coin is in the USA according to Canada Post

All went as planned and I hit my goal of 2000 finds on December 30, 2009 with just one day left as a buffer. And yesterday I received the mission coin and a special gift coin from kini_ont!!! I will try and take a picture tomorrow morning of both coins and post it up here. We went out today and added a few more caches to the count (33 finds) to start on my goal of 3000 finds by the end of 2010. I will dip the mission coin into my 2000th find cache and then await word from the next milestoner...

So, who's gonna be next???

All went as planned and I hit my goal of 2000 finds on December 30, 2009 with just one day left as a buffer. And yesterday I received the mission coin and a special gift coin from kini_ont!!! I will try and take a picture tomorrow morning of both coins and post it up here. We went out today and added a few more caches to the count (33 finds) to start on my goal of 3000 finds by the end of 2010. I will dip the mission coin into my 2000th find cache and then await word from the next milestoner...

So, who's gonna be next???

Congratulations on 2000.... I don't think I will be next, but my goal is to hit 1000 (currently 800) by my birthday in March... this would be my 2nd anniversary of entering the hobby