Pocket Query misbehaving?

Hoping for some help here. Fairly new to PQs. but I have successfully run a couple before (once I realised I had to tick a day!)

Today I just can't get one to run. On setting it up it tells me there are 200 results, and the preview is fine, but it is just sat there as 'Never' generated. I'd assume the queue was long, if the two (also brand new) 'caches along route' PQs I ran AFTERWARDS hadn't arrived immediately :mad:

Anyone got any clever ideas? Am I wrong in assuming that if the preview is OK then the query must be OK and it's the generating that's the problem?

Hoping for some help here. Fairly new to PQs. but I have successfully run a couple before (once I realised I had to tick a day!)

Today I just can't get one to run. On setting it up it tells me there are 200 results, and the preview is fine, but it is just sat there as 'Never' generated. I'd assume the queue was long, if the two (also brand new) 'caches along route' PQs I ran AFTERWARDS hadn't arrived immediately :mad:

Anyone got any clever ideas? Am I wrong in assuming that if the preview is OK then the query must be OK and it's the generating that's the problem?

OK, I'll start with the obvious question... I assume you've ticked a box to specify the day to run, and the box you've ticked is wednesday...!

Secondly, have you already run 5 PQs today? This includes the my finds PQ. If so - you've maxed your daily allowance!

Finally, if yes to above, I believe you can post a link to the PQ definition for all to see - if you open the PQ edit page, and copy the URL from the address bar and paste it into a forum post, we can all have a look at it and tell you where you've gone wrong! :) (or not, maybe the frog doesn't like the smell of that particular PQ, or is on strike...)

cheers

Dave

It's also worth noting that the "day" doesn't change when you'd expect, so if you're up early in the morning it's still yesterday - quite handy if you want to run more than 5 PQs. :lol:

Yes we all know you're insomniacs :) It was (Weds) 5am Pacific time when I ran them though, so that's not it :mad:

It's also worth noting that the "day" doesn't change when you'd expect, so if you're up early in the morning it's still yesterday - quite handy if you want to run more than 5 PQs. :lol:

Yes we all know you're insomniacs :) It was (Weds) 5am Pacific time when I ran them though, so that's not it :mad:

It might not make any difference but I always have mine to automatically uncheck once run. I put in 5 this morning and they ran instantly (well give or take a few mins!). They're now automatically unchuck?! again.

I doubt it'll make any difference but thought would say just incase:P

Sometimes the site is just querky. I've requested PQ's in the past that for some reason have never run. I just delete them and start again.

Hmmm *mouse* do you know somethng I don't? Is it perhaps YOUR Cache (GC142FD) causing the problem? :):mad:

I did wonder...I'll wait til the morning and maybe try again *sigh*

Thanks PP!

http://www.geocaching.com/pocket/gcquery.a...c6-0bf5629e8a4d

I ran this PQ, then the 2 Along a routes. This didnt work so I have deleted and done new queries twice, but since they all said 'Never' generated, I hoped they didn't contribute to my 5. FWIW I've marked it to run tomorrow too just in case, and finally yesterday to cover ALL bases! Still nothing...

Maybe you've changed this in testing the PQ, but as of 17:24 UK time there is no day ticked to run the query.

The PQ's must be stored and processed on different servers. I have 5 PQ's that I run on a regular basis. Even though they are all about the same age, 1 of the 5 always takes longer to arrive than the other 4. And even though they all show up in my e-mail while I watch, the same slow one comes in with a time stamp that is 90 minutes different than the others. Obviously the SysAdmins are unaware of the NTP service...