Annoyed from England

I'm annoyed, my cache has been muggled and it hadn't even been published! ;) It was a multi with the final cache in some woods. I hid the ammo box full of decent swag including a 5,000,000 drachma banknote in a old tree. Then set up the clues (multi stages), so tonight I was going over there to check the coordinates one final time and it was gone, completely missing with no debris.

I put a contact telephone number and email address on the cache. I hope the muggles have a conscience and call/email me. I spent ages set up this cache and roughly £20 ($32, €23) on it.

I thought I would feel a little bit better posting here.

I'm annoyed, my cache has been muggled and it hadn't even been published! ;) It was a multi with the final cache in some woods. I hid the ammo box full of decent swag including a 5,000,000 drachma banknote in a old tree. Then set up the clues (multi stages), so tonight I was going over there to check the coordinates one final time and it was gone, completely missing with no debris.

I put a contact telephone number and email address on the cache. I hope the muggles have a conscience and call/email me. I spent ages set up this cache and roughly £20 ($32, €23) on it.

I thought I would feel a little bit better posting here.

Don't give up. Replace the cache at the end but hide it better and make sure no muggles see you do it. I would pick a different place though.

What happens is that places you can think that would be a good place to hide a cache also might be a good place for a kid to hide in a game of "hide and seek".

Urban caches suffer from teenagers finding them while looking for a good place to hide their stash...or was that just my generation

Jeff

The Chicagoan

The light dawns! NOW I know why I enjoy caching so much! I thought it had a familiar feel to it. My next hide is going to be in a toilet tank!!

The light dawns! NOW I know why I enjoy caching so much! I thought it had a familiar feel to it. My next hide is going to be in a toilet tank!!

I can so see that one. A porcelain throne set up in the woods with a GC in the tank, no muggle will touch that one.......... :P

I can so see that one. A porcelain throne set up in the woods with a GC in the tank, no muggle will touch that one.......... :P

Actually... we have got one like that here. I kid you not. Its way deep in the woods, too. The log is the TP.

I found a toilet cache in the woods in Germany the other day - a toilet bowl sitting in a hollow in the ground, with a wooden seat and lid, and camo on top of the lid. The cache description was full of very subtle toilet references which you didn't notice until you re-read it after having found the cache. Genius (although perhaps it was stretching the "do not bury caches" guideline a little :P). The kind of cache where you walk round with a huge grin on your face for the next hour.

I had my 1st attempt at a multi, muggled the same way.. Though, it was a pair of micros. The 2nd one got taken by misguided youths. Just recently, the cache I put to replace the 1st stage, got stolen as well.. (and another traditional micro further down the path.) the replacement cache had two travel bugs with more than 8000+ miles logged.. gone.

Yes, School is out, and misguided kids with nothing better to do than get out, and destroy, are out there now.. My 1st cache, just became a Graffiti book for some of those kids..

There is another thread, where someone in Florida found a TB Hotel cache, had the gall to take all the items off the chains, throw the items (and the chains) away, then even worse, put the geocoins and tags (Including a few "United For Diabetes" rings) up for auction on EBay. (the post on EBay has been removed, but no serious strike against the seller.)

Muggles, people who don't understand, or cannot perform magic --:Harry Potter

Muggles, People who see danger, and do not understand Geocaching. --:Geocaching Community.

I think that pretty much sums it up.