not even sure if this is acceptable, but

namiboy

so, i'm a casual geocacher, i like doing it but don't do it that much. i usually don't even look thru the cache, just sign and log my find. it's all about the hunt for me. anyway, i'm going to japan in august and will be trying to do some geocaching while there. i figured maybe i'd find a travel bug or geocoin around my area-boca raton-and bring it there. so is it acceptable to ask here if anyone knows of one around here that i could find and take? thanks.

Sure it's okay. Obviously you'll only want to take and leave a bug there that is in-line with it's mission. And yes finding one is the tricky part.

Keep in mind however that you could take a bug with a general goal of traveling, or take a bug for a trip to a Japanese cache and then bring it back. I bet most owners would love such a side trip.

If you aren't sure about taking a particular bug, or you want to hold on to it for a while, check with the owner. Most will be cool about it as long as they know what's going on.

so, i'm a casual geocacher, i like doing it but don't do it that much. i usually don't even look thru the cache, just sign and log my find. it's all about the hunt for me. anyway, i'm going to japan in august and will be trying to do some geocaching while there. i figured maybe i'd find a travel bug or geocoin around my area-boca raton-and bring it there. so is it acceptable to ask here if anyone knows of one around here that i could find and take? thanks.

You could also release your own travel bug while in Japan ("I survived a Japanese Gameshow" suddently pops into my head). It should have a goal of traveling its way around Japan then hitting Geowoodstock next year then back home to boca. Just an idea.