Remove missing items from profile?

GeoCRAt

Is there any way to remove travel items once they are marked as missing? I do not believe there is much point in still having the missing items on my inventory list, just to be continually reminded that they are missing. Just wondering.

Cheers from Dubai.

These are your own trackable items? Why not use your tracking numbers to send out a copy? Just don't delete any previous logs, and make sure they are really missing. I had a situation yesterday, where I was marking trackable items missing (from a request that had fallen down in my inbox). Some of them had reappeared in the meantime and they had been missing for over a year. It was nice not to have to mark them missing.

You should consider re-releasing them. Travel bugs are especially easy to recreate and send back out into the world.

You could set yourself another account and adopt them over to that so you just don't see them on your main account, or if it's a travel bug you could adopt it over to me and I'll re-release it.

These are your own trackable items? Why not use your tracking numbers to send out a copy? Just don't delete any previous logs, and make sure they are really missing. I had a situation yesterday, where I was marking trackable items missing (from a request that had fallen down in my inbox). Some of them had reappeared in the meantime and they had been missing for over a year. It was nice not to have to mark them missing.

Thanks for the suggestion. However, the option to re-release the TB’s in only valid for actual TB’s. What about coins that have gone missing? I do not have duplicate items of those. Also I suspect that the geocaching website does not want too many ‘phantom’ accounts opened just for adoption of TB’s.

May I suggest that an option be created whereby users can remove from their profile those TB’s / coins that are definitely missing and will never be released again?

Just today I prepared a replacement for this TB that was stolen from a cache in France.

Thanks for the input, it is much appreciated.

Cheers,

GeoCRAt.

Turn your Geocoin into a Travel Bug. Just make sure you edit the name to reflect that it's not a geocoin.

And make sure that you try to reel any duplicates back in, if the real one comes back, sometimes they do come back to life.

Again, thanks for the comments. But I am really not looking at reinstating my TB’s or coins. All I would like is a way to remove the items that I know will never return from being listed as part of the TB’s / coins that I own – surely not such a difficult thing to program? Cheers, GeoCRAt.