GEOCOINFEST SLC 2009 REGISTRATION

GCF Salt Lake

ANNOUNCEMENT:

The GeocoinfestSLC Event Registration page is now live!! http://www.geocoinfestslc.com/registration

Please be sure to register so we'll know for sure how many are coming. The ONLY way to ensure you will get the event "swag" and Event coins are to PRE-REGISTER. Many of the products will not be available at the event and those that are will be in limited quantities. Pre-Registering will also guarantee that we print enough activity materials for everyone!

Please consider choosing the GOLD and SILVER registration options to show your support of Geocoinfest - your PAID registrations help us pay for this event and we NEED and appreciate your support! There is a free Bronze registration that includes a name tag and activity materials but you must PRE-REGISTER online.

We're looking forward to an amazing event in the fall and are working hard to make it an event to remember!!!

Geocoinfest 2009 is listed here: GC1JZ1X

The Friday night Meet & Greet event is listed here: GC1TTE5

Visit the geocoinfestslc.com website often for updates!

Thanks for all of your help and support!

The Geocoinfest SLC 2009 Committee

It's a bit early to have to shell out cash. How long will registration remain open?

LOL...and here we thought we were running behind getting the pages active!! ;)

We plan to leave registrations open until the first week of August, so you have plenty of time :D

Perfect. Late July was what I was hoping for.

It's a bit early to have to shell out cash. How long will registration remain open?

LOL...and here we thought we were running behind getting the pages active!! ;)

We plan to leave registrations open until the first week of August, so you have plenty of time :D

We should mention though, the Cache Bus Tour on Sunday is limited to 45 signups so if you're planning to sign up for this, you might want to do it soon! :D

We Also posted a video last night!!

LOL...and here we thought we were running behind getting the pages active!! :o

We plan to leave registrations open until the first week of August, so you have plenty of time B)

We should mention though, the Cache Bus Tour on Sunday is limited to 45 signups so if you're planning to sign up for this, you might want to do it soon! :)

We Also posted a video last night!!

I am all signed up! Gold package... build a bear... cache bus and the LE attendee coin. B)

Anyone else going?

I'm there!

Although considering that I'll be crashing at RWD's "Shack-O-Sin", I might be propped up in the corner of the ballroom in dark sunglasses with an icebag on my head.

:drama:

Will the NHL season have started by then? ;)

Yup, the season will be just starting! In fact, I'm planning to have a commemorative sumpin' sumpin' for GCF'09. :P

Raises hand, I'll be there :) I'm missing the Griz Homecoming game to be at this shindig, so if I'm grumpy all day you'll know why :P

Is that Montana or Montana St? Cuz the Montana's quarterback used to be a duck.

Montana Grizzlies (Missoula). Yeah I heard we picked up that transfer. Big boy too, 6'6. As long as he can throw and connect, I don't care if he's an old duck :P

ANNOUNCEMENT:

The GeocoinfestSLC Event Registration page is now live!! http://www.geocoinfestslc.com/registration

Please be sure to register so we'll know for sure how many are coming. The ONLY way to ensure you will get the event "swag" and Event coins are to PRE-REGISTER. Many of the products will not be available at the event and those that are will be in limited quantities. Pre-Registering will also guarantee that we print enough activity materials for everyone!

Please consider choosing the GOLD and SILVER registration options to show your support of Geocoinfest - your PAID registrations help us pay for this event and we NEED and appreciate your support! There is a free Bronze registration that includes a name tag and activity materials but you must PRE-REGISTER online.

We're looking forward to an amazing event in the fall and are working hard to make it an event to remember!!!

Geocoinfest 2009 is listed here: GC1JZ1X

The Friday night Meet & Greet event is listed here: GC1TTE5

Visit the geocoinfestslc.com website often for updates!

Thanks for all of your help and support!

The Geocoinfest SLC 2009 Committee

Don't forget to register!!! :anitongue:

I quit collecting geocoins back in 2006, but I am seriously considering a trip down for this event.

I have come up with 2 options both leaving Friday the 9th and returning Monday the 12th:

Option 1: I fly to and stay in Las Vegas making a second flight to SLC just for the 10th flying back to LV that night. This option costs me $300 total including room, airfare, registration and taxes. Plus unknown taxi, food and gambling losses.

Option 2: I fly direct to SLC stay 3 nights at the Marriott. That way I could take the Cache Bus and attempt the TRAX challenge. This option costs me $700 total including room, airfare, registration and taxes. Plus food hotel shuttle and an unknown variety of Utah entertainment expenses.

I might have to sell some coins to finance the trip. I know several cachers have asked me for a list of what I'd sell... but everytime I look at all my coins the thought of trying to type them up seems like a giant undertaking.

Great to hear from you, BlazerFan! It would be great to meet you and any "old schoolers" that would attend GCF:SLC. Trading with BlazerFan for his personal coin was a great opportunity for me, and revived my interest in geocoins during a bleak period. I'm looking forward to hearing stories from all collectors, bur I'd especially like to hear from people who made some of the first geocoins.

I quit collecting geocoins back in 2006, but I am seriously considering a trip down for this event.

I have come up with 2 options both leaving Friday the 9th and returning Monday the 12th:

Option 1: I fly to and stay in Las Vegas making a second flight to SLC just for the 10th flying back to LV that night. This option costs me $300 total including room, airfare, registration and taxes. Plus unknown taxi, food and gambling losses.

Option 2: I fly direct to SLC stay 3 nights at the Marriott. That way I could take the Cache Bus and attempt the TRAX challenge. This option costs me $700 total including room, airfare, registration and taxes. Plus food hotel shuttle and an unknown variety of Utah entertainment expenses.

I might have to sell some coins to finance the trip. I know several cachers have asked me for a list of what I'd sell... but everytime I look at all my coins the thought of trying to type them up seems like a giant undertaking.

Hiya BF,

Good to see you still around! Hope to see you there.

Hey Blazerfan!

I (Mrs Cachunuts) enjoyed meeting you at GW7 and it would be great to see you again in Salt Lake! If I were you I'd go with option 2 so you can join in the FUN of the Cache Bus run and the TRAX Challenge...not to mention all the geocoin trading that will be going on!

If you're like me, those gambling losses could well add up to the extra cost of flying direct to SLC. Interesting though that it's that much lower flying direct to Vegas and then onto SLC. Either way, I'll look forward to seeing you again in October!!

Made my flights and reservations. I'll be there - and also signed up for the Cache Bus. Not sure what the TRAX Challenge is exactly, but it sounds like a fun cache run -- anyone want to team up on that one?

I am interested in the TRAX... and of course the cache bus!

e636101.jpg

Made my flights and reservations. I'll be there - and also signed up for the Cache Bus. Not sure what the TRAX Challenge is exactly, but it sounds like a fun cache run -- anyone want to team up on that one?

The TRAX is the Lightrail/Trolley in Salt Lake, so I imagine it will include riding to all the stops and finding a nearby Cache?? That's just in my imagination though.

The TRAX is the Lightrail/Trolley in Salt Lake, so I imagine it will include riding to all the stops and finding a nearby Cache?? That's just in my imagination though.

You're imagination is close Robert :P

The TRAX Cache Challenge (sponsored by Oak Coins) will involve riding our lightrail train to 4 local stations. Each registered attendee will receive a "Passport" in their registration packet. At each station there will be a physical cache which contains a "station stamp" you'll stamp your passport and complete a few other "interesting" tasks at each location. :) Once you've completed your "Passport" you'll take it to the "customs" desk located at the event, there you'll receive a final "stamp" of completion and a ticket. Your ticket will be entered into a drawing for a chance to win a very special limited edition TRAX coin currently being designed by the very talented Gridlox! There will be at least 20 chances to win!!

The committee is working hard and getting very close to releasing the details for many of the exciting activities we have planned for you at Geocoinfest this year! It's VERY important that folks who are planning to come register online so we have an accurate account of how many will attend.

Registrations will close on the 15th of August GCF Registrations

Stay tuned for more event details over the next several days!!

You're imagination is close Robert :D

The TRAX Cache Challenge (sponsored by Oak Coins) will involve riding our lightrail train to 4 local stations. Each registered attendee will receive a "Passport" in their registration packet. At each station there will be a physical cache which contains a "station stamp" you'll stamp your passport and complete a few other "interesting" tasks at each location. :D Once you've completed your "Passport" you'll take it to the "customs" desk located at the event, there you'll receive a final "stamp" of completion and a ticket. Your ticket will be entered into a drawing for a chance to win a very special limited edition TRAX coin currently being designed by the very talented Gridlox! There will be at least 20 chances to win!!

The committee is working hard and getting very close to releasing the details for many of the exciting activities we have planned for you at Geocoinfest this year! It's VERY important that folks who are planning to come register online so we have an accurate account of how many will attend.

Registrations will close on the 15th of August GCF Registrations

Stay tuned for more event details over the next several days!!

Thanks for the explanation -- it sounds like a good time (and complicated to organize!). Now to just gather some folks to share in the fun (Avroair? Robert?)

Just a reminder that registration ends August 15th. :D

Wow, only 10 more days to register for Geocoinfest!! We've all been working hard on making this a great event!! Wish we could leave registration open for longer but we want to make sure that we have plenty of time to get everything here in time, so PLEASE make sure you sign up by the 15th. Pre registering will ensure that you get the event swag items you want! Some items may not be available at the event, other items will be available in very limited amounts, so don't risk it....go REGISTER NOW!!

If you haven't booked your room yet, be sure and do that soon, there are a limited amount of the special rate rooms available and these rooms are a sweet deal!! Very NICE!! :laughing:

Here is the schedule....

Thursday, October 8th 2009

BOWLING WITH THE HOBO'S 3:30 PM - 6:30 PM GC1VP4W

Morgan City Bowling Alley

(approximately 30 miles north of downtown Salt Lake City)

Join us for a FREE afternoon of bowling with the Hobo's!

Friday, October 9th, 2009

MEET & GREET 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM GC1TTE5

Marriott Hotel City Center

220 South State Street (Second Floor Pre-Function Area)

Come and hang out with us at the Marriott Hotel City Center in the pre-function area. Talk and trade GEOCOINS, wander downstairs to the hotel lounge and have a cold beverage on the patio while you socialize with geocachers from all over the country and the world. Other FUN activities still in the planning stages!

Early Check In: 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM

Those who have pre-registered can check-in and pick up their registration packets. Follow the signs to the Geocoinfest registration tables!

- TRAX Cache Challenge:

Get an early start on the TRAX Cache Challenge (see our video!). Your passport to adventure will be in your registration packet, go solo or gather a group together and do some night caching!! All participants who finish the challenge will be given a ticket to enter a drawing for a free LE TRAX Cache Challenge Geocoin! (20 LE Geocoins will be given away)

- Travel Bug Drop-Off:

Travel bugs may be dropped off at this event. Drops ONLY... no pick-ups or swapping at this event.

Saturday October 10th

MAIN EVENT 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM

Marriott Hotel City Center

220 South State Street (Second Floor Capitol Ballroom)

Join us for a terrific day of trading, games, raffles, auctions and visiting all of the great vendor booths!

Activities include:

- Check In 9:30 AM - 2:00 PM:

All registration packets/orders are to be picked up no later than 2:00 PM. Any unclaimed registration packets/orders will be auctioned or given away to event attendees following the close of registration.

- Travel Bug Table: Make sure you visit the Travel Bug table during the event - Bugs are coming from all over the world.

- TRAX Cache Challenge: Your Trax Cache Challenge (see our video!) Passport is part of your registration packet. You're not going to want to miss this fun challenge. All participants who finish the challenge will be given a ticket to enter a drawing for a free LE TRAX Cache Challenge Geocoin! (20 LE Geocoins will be given away)

- Kids Activity Room:

Loads of fun for the kids! Located near to the registration desk and Capitol Ballroom.

* Variety of crafts

* Design their own wooden nickels and buttons

* Coloring activities

* Pathtag Bingo

* Face Painters

* Make Your Own 15" Stuffed Zoo Animal (For those who purchased a Kids Gold Registration or added a Zoo Animal to their order)

* Other fun activities are in the works!

- Event Games:

- Silent Auction:

- Trading Gallery:

- Miscellaneous Activities

GEOCOIN POKER NIGHT 6:30 PM - 10:00 PM

Sponsored by the Geocoin Club and Pathtags

Tournament Director: The Moop Along (TMA)

Looking forward to seeing everyone in Salt Lake City!!! Please join us for a FUN event :P

Edited by GCF Salt Lake

Forgot to post the details for the Geocoinfest Pin Trading game:

492facc6-9569-4203-b986-4daedda93b3c.jpg

Each "set" includes 3 pins of the same design. To "complete" your set, you will need to trade with other attendee's at the event. There will also be a 4th pin in the set (it's a secret) that is only available from a committee member or some volunteers. The 3 pin sets are part of the Gold and Silver registration packets and additional sets can be purchased separately when you register!

There is also a kids pin set....I will post the photo's tomorrow :D

2009 Geocoin Poker Challenge -- SIGN UP NOW!

Welcome to the third stop of the 2009 Geocoin Poker Challenge, brought to you by PATHTAGS.com and GEOCOINCLUB.com. We'll be playing a No Limit Texas Hold'Em Tournament at Geocoinfest in Salt Lake City Utah. What makes it geocoin poker is that the tournament ante is 3 geocoins. From there it's normal No Limit, with real clay poker chips. That is, until the final table is called, where we play with real geocoins! The winner takes the Lion's share of the 120 geocoin pot, and also takes home a 200 coin custom poker chip set! Sign ups will run from now until September 30th 2009.

Right now it's being planned for around 6:30 on Saturday Oct 10th in the main event hall at the Marriott City Center Hotel. The tournament lasts approx. 3 hours, and will be a blast! No need to bore you with the rules here, but you can find all the detailed tournament info here: http://www.geocoinclub.com/geocoinpoker.php

The basics:

1. 40 Tournament players will be selected at random

2. Post here if you want to play, with your gc.com ID and a first name AND email me the same info to BrianPeanutsParents@gmail.com

3. All posts will be assigned numbers in their post order

4. 40 seats will be chosen by a random number generator after the lottery is cut off

5. 10 wait list seats will also be selected, also by random number

It's really easy, and super fun. So come join us at Geocoinfest in Salt Lake City Utah!