Yellowstone Earthcaches

Kealia

Just got back from a 10-day road trip through Yellowstone and was amazed at the number of EarthCaches in the park. Aside from that, I was impressed (and often challenged) by the complexity of them.

Do yourself a favor and make sure to visit them if you're headed into the park!

I would also like to publicly thank TerryDad2 for all of his efforts to create these. He owns most of them and doing them added a lot of interest to places that were already amazing.

I haven't finished logging mine yet, but I'll come back and note which was my favorite. If you have a favorite in the park that you've done, I'd love to hear about it.

I would also like to publicly thank TerryDad2 for all of his efforts to create these. He owns most of them and doing them added a lot of interest to places that were already amazing.

We'd strongly second that - TerryDad2's Earthcaches made the one and only day we're ever likely to spend in Yellowstone truly unforgettable!

Mike and Helen (who are back in the UK :mad: and promise to tidy up the log for Pothole Dome in the next couple of days!)

Ok, after finally logging the 87 caches found on this trip (whew!) I think I've decided that my favorite EarthCache of the group was Mammoth Hot Springs.

While they were all educational and interesting at great locations, I found the terrain and overall location here to be the most intriguing.

I think my fingers are cramped now.

On a related note, I gave my daughter an EarthCache geocoin as a reward for all her hard work and she was happy!

We, too just returned from a Yellowstone trip! I was pleasantly surprised to find so many of TerryDad2's there. Whenever we see one of his, we know that the science is spot on and the requirements are not rinky-dink.

My father-in-law, who has visited Yellowstone several times, commented later that he visited places, saw things and learned more with us than in any other visit, all due to EarthCaches!

A big THANKS to all that have created EarthCaches in the National Parks - they make the visits all that more memorable.

We returned from a vacation through Yellowstone last week. We had a lot of fun and some frustration trying to get the correct answer to some EarthCaches. Thank you TerryDad. You should have a few emails from me in your box. I hope I answered well enough to get the log. Please forgive me if my answers weren't up to snuff. These were our first earthcaches.

We returned from a vacation through Yellowstone last week. We had a lot of fun and some frustration trying to get the correct answer to some EarthCaches. Thank you TerryDad. You should have a few emails from me in your box. I hope I answered well enough to get the log. Please forgive me if my answers weren't up to snuff. These were our first earthcaches.

My wife and I returned from Yellowstone earlier this month and we had a great time! I also would add my thanks to TerryDad as we completed many of his earthcaches. The road being closed to Norris really cramped our style but if it hadn't been for that we probably wouldn't have gotten as many earthcaches done in the south end of the park as we did as we would have tried to cover more of the park. We will just have to return to Yellowstone again to get the rest of them!

One question, how does everyone else manage thier earthcaches while out someplace like Yellowstone? I had to print most of them out and then I was always losing pages some of which had information I needed. I had my computer with me which was a blessing but it also got in the road! Any suggestions?

After being in Yellowstone I would also like to place an Earthcache closer to home but there just isn't much for material in Nebraska!

Thanks again to TerryDad.

When we took our last road trip (So Cal to Yellowstone up I-15), I spent some time looking at the EarthCaches along our routes and in the park and printed out all of the ones that we would conceivably want to visit. I then placed them in a 3-hole binder to keep them in one place. Whenever we were near an EC, out came the binder. We wrote our answers on the page in question and then moved it to the back of the book. When we got home, all of the emails went out.

I have been paperless for several years now, but for this one outing, and just for the EarthCaches, it was much easier.

When we took our last road trip (So Cal to Yellowstone up I-15), I spent some time looking at the EarthCaches along our routes and in the park and printed out all of the ones that we would conceivably want to visit. I then placed them in a 3-hole binder to keep them in one place. Whenever we were near an EC, out came the binder. We wrote our answers on the page in question and then moved it to the back of the book. When we got home, all of the emails went out.

I have been paperless for several years now, but for this one outing, and just for the EarthCaches, it was much easier.

Terrysdad is one of the most valuable assets we have in EarthCaching. We only wish we were closer to his Yellowstone caches.

Yes, sometimes, it's more fun with paper! We use GSAK but unless your 'connected', you lose all of the pics. A few times, there were spoiler pictures given and we could have used them! :drama: