"Where Have All The Missions Gone?"

opalsns

Hi All,

As some of you may know, We LOVE having cointests and do what we can to make them Fast and Fun!!!!!

I also LOVE joining in missions, like most of us.

When I decided to do a mission, 52 PICK UP - The Missions 1 + 2, I read the threads of the missions that were still listed.

There was something common with all of them ...

........ MISSING PACKAGES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, we all know Any method of shipping can have it's "bad" day and it can take as long as a month for a package to traverse the continents, and don't forget the Random Inspection!!!!!!!!

There are also the absolutly no idea where it is but I'll send another right out.

I'm talking about signing up for a mission and NOT planning to send one out, not emailing the OP to explain a bad turn of events so they can get a new player, And NOT RETURNING EMAILS, What the heck is going on?

Hi All,

As some of you may know, We LOVE having cointests and do what we can to make them Fast and Fun!!!!!

I also LOVE joining in missions, like most of us.

When I decided to do a mission, 52 PICK UP - The Missions 1 + 2, I read the threads of the missions that were still listed.

There was something common with all of them ...

........ MISSING PACKAGES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, we all know Any method of shipping can have it's "bad" day and it can take as long as a month for a package to traverse the continents, and don't forget the Random Inspection!!!!!!!!

There are also the absolutly no idea where it is but I'll send another right out.

I'm talking about signing up for a mission and NOT planning to send one out, not emailing the OP to explain a bad turn of events so they can get a new player, And NOT RETURNING EMAILS, What the heck is going on?

i agree, but also life gets in the way sometimes. as for me lately , i havent had alot of time to do much around here , infact i still need to send out the cd's i made of the mix,, ,,,, i know ,,, i know,,,,, im a slacker,,,,, well not really. life has just got in the way,, some unforseen events occured here at home and home life became alot more inportant. i have nothing to do with the above because i would at least return an e-mail and say something came up,, but its just a thought off the top of my head that mabie someone(who ever it is) has just had life step all over them and cant complete the mission,,,,, vacation also comes to mind, as im due for one here really soon!!! hope things take a turn for the missions you speak of .

Thanx J,

Me too! It's a fun mission(s) and filled up so fast. The funny thing about it is, I can't wait to draw the coin winner at the end.

I have been lucky to get the missions I entered, but I feel so bad to hear when they are not recieved.

Edited by opalsns

Hi All,

I think this last bit is the gist of it. If you sign up and can not participate at least respond to emails from the Mission Planner. Stuff happens but after weeks and weeks, I find it hard to believe that a quick answer is not too much to ask for. It is just so nice when others come forward and volunteer to help out as River Cacher did for me, River you Rock. So now if this should happen to someone else I will PayItForward.

So I guess what I am trying to say is "A Little Communication Goes A Long Way"

I wonder if some of this might be related to the format of some of the newer missions, whereby there is a list of people but not particular order. I'm speaking of Witches' Chain, and the 52-pick-up missions. While this allows for more spontaneity and an extra element of surprise - which I like! - it can also make for some confusion.

For example, I unexpectedly receive a package while I'm on a 2-week vacation, but everyone else on the list is expecting me to send it back out in a reasonable amount of time.

I'm not sure what the solution is, but perhaps summerandnana said it best: a little communication goes along way. Maybe we need some communication on the front end as well? Rather than surprising someone, maybe send them an email (we are all on the list, right?) and give them a heads-up that a mission might be coming their way. If it is not a good time, the responsible thing would be to forego the mission in preference of someone who can do the mission with a relatively quick turn-around time. While this does take away the "surprise" for the next recipient, it will still be a surprise for the rest of the list. Plus, the mission maintains a momentum that is good for everyone participating. Just a thought...?

Still excited about missions, though!

I wonder if some of this might be related to the format of some of the newer missions, whereby there is a list of people but not particular order. I'm speaking of Witches' Chain, and the 52-pick-up missions. While this allows for more spontaneity and an extra element of surprise - which I like! - it can also make for some confusion.

For example, I unexpectedly receive a package while I'm on a 2-week vacation, but everyone else on the list is expecting me to send it back out in a reasonable amount of time.

I'm not sure what the solution is, but perhaps summerandnana said it best: a little communication goes along way. Maybe we need some communication on the front end as well? Rather than surprising someone, maybe send them an email (we are all on the list, right?) and give them a heads-up that a mission might be coming their way. If it is not a good time, the responsible thing would be to forego the mission in preference of someone who can do the mission with a relatively quick turn-around time. While this does take away the "surprise" for the next recipient, it will still be a surprise for the rest of the list. Plus, the mission maintains a momentum that is good for everyone participating. Just a thought...?

The element of surprise is still there, you know that it is coming just don't know what to expect. Also to add communicate that you have received the mission, I do worry that the coin(s) that I've sent make it, that way I'm not left hanging "did it get there or not".

And DJ your right, Life does get first priority and an email, an IOU, an explaination to the receipent goes a long way.

May you all received your missions, I think there are more good people here with good intentions then not. <_<

Yup,

I agree.

I didn't want to do a mission where I chose who gets who.

#1 Too confusing for me

#2 I like the idea of it ending as a cointest!

I like the idea of not knowing where it's going next.

And as I said to Snowball58 who asked the same question,...

... I expect everyone will have it for a week anyway, 2 weeks isn't bad because some will send it out in a day or two.

Enjoy the vacation!!!!!!!

What I really am talking about is Intentional and Premeditated planning on not sending out coins. They sign up for a mission just to get a coin but never planned on sending one out.

Person to Person can be remedied by the good hearted, but if someone keeps a chain mission, the mission is ruined.

But in the end , I suppose,it's just a coin .

Let's just have fun out there!!! LOL!!!

Opalsns

This happened to me with the Witch's coin chain mission when I moved from Canada to Australia! The poor witch went to my house in Calgary, then got forwarded to my inlaws in Manitoba who sent her to Perth. Quite the trip for her BUT I did sign up for the mission months in advance and posted about the move frequently on the forums. Bottom line is she was sent on her way to the next recipient, but late. She is still traveling today!

I have been lucky that all my packages have made it to their missions and vice versa. There are tons of coins that I have bought, however, that have still not showed up <_<

Thanx J,

Me too! It's a fun mission(s) and filled up so fast. The funny thing about it is, I can't wait to draw the coin winner at the end.

I have been lucky to get the missions I entered, but I feel so bad to hear when they are not recieved.

Maybe you could "practice" drawing the winning card. Don't forget to post your odds for pulling each card! <_<

I'm still waiting on my mission from the Sunshine Mission. Trick or Treat was a sweetheart and sent me a fill in mission. I think I might have been the only person on the list to not receive a package... I'm impressed that the mission was so successful !

I love the missions.. and the cointests!

Thanx J,

Maybe you could "practice" drawing the winning card. Don't forget to post your odds for pulling each card! <_<

b8884836-a454-4242-8ba4-d4d9c41cd974.jpg

;)

Thanx J,

b8884836-a454-4242-8ba4-d4d9c41cd974.jpg

;)

RATS - That isn't the card i picked ;)

One of the sunshine missiosn I sent out was a no-show but I have sent out a replacementmission so I hope that this one gets there.

My flower mission are down to 2 missing missions but they might be lost in mailing. I know they are sent out.

I have been lucky enough to receive all but one mission and same with mine mailed out.

The witch chain and the 52 pick up are both nice missions and I have been lucky to meet Sabrina. Nice to have her here in Sweden but she flew off again.

I have been shopping one thing today for the 52 pick-up-card mission, I found the most fun and nice thing, very suitable. Can not wait to receive the deck of cards so I can send it off. ;)

grodan Karin