Arrr, it be a cointest!

anne.and.eli

HAhahahahahah I love that keyboard. <_<

This is what my keyboard generally looks like:

kitalaptop.jpg

So it's easier for Kita to type than it is for ME to type. o.O

Too funny! Coincidentally, you have the same computer and mouse that I do. But my cat is usually on my legs instead of the computer!

e-mail sent on todays puzzle.

Email sent. Thanks for having a cointest in my timezone...I usually wake up to 'cointest is over...congrats to the winners' posts

The kids have loved all of the pirate jokes, especially the genie one from GATOULIS and the pirate with the steering wheel down his pants. I'm sure they'll be telling jokes at school today ;)

They insisted I put in their favorite pirate joke at the moment...

Q: Why can't pirates play cards?

WHY? please tell me I am dying to know....

A: Because they're always sitting on the deck!

I don't know why it's their favorite <_<

Hahahahahha I love the joke gardengorilla. <_<

Okay I'm back from an outing with Eli, and I have replied to all the emails I got! If you didn't get a response, bug me on the thread!

sunsetmeadowlark: I actually have a new laptop now. Kita does sleep on my legs, but mostly she tries to make sure at least SOME part of her is on my laptop. Preferably the buttons for the touch pad!

I loved that keyboard ;) the only problem is that the buttons need a small hole or something in the middle so you can use it with the hook too! :D

I am wondering... Pirate's best friend is a parrot... I do not see any parrot with Captain Cat!!! He probably ate the parrot!!! :D

I send my guess but I do not know if I am correct!

Email sent. Thanks for having a cointest in my timezone...I usually wake up to 'cointest is over...congrats to the winners' posts

The kids have loved all of the pirate jokes, especially the genie one from GATOULIS and the pirate with the steering wheel down his pants. I'm sure they'll be telling jokes at school today :D

They insisted I put in their favorite pirate joke at the moment...

Q: Why can't pirates play cards?

WHY? please tell me I am dying to know....

A: Because they're always sitting on the deck!

I don't know why it's their favorite ;)

Love it!

A seaman meets a pirate in a bar, and takes turns telling their adventures on the sea. The seaman notes that the pirate has a peg-leg, a hook, and an eye patch.

The seaman asks, "So, how did you end up with the peg-leg?" The pirate replies, "We were in a storm at sea, and I was swept overboard into a school of sharks. Just as my men were pulling me out, a shark bit my leg off."

"Wow!" said the seaman. "What about your hook"? "Well", replied the pirate, "We were boarding an enemy ship and were battling the other sailors with swords. One of the enemy cut my hand off."

"Incredible!" remarked the seaman. "How did you get the eye patch"? "A seagull dropping fell into my eye," replied the pirate.

"You lost your eye to a seagull dropping?," the sailor asked incredulously. "Well," said the pirate, "it was my first day with my hook"

;):D:D:D:D

250px-Pirate_Flag_of_Rack_Rackham.svg.png

Edited by Team CeDo

I found the right crue for you ship Captain!!! :D

Some of them are turned into pirates but they are still geocachers.... Can you recognise them??? As I said... some of them...ok??? ;)

Pengo family????

894742641_l.gif

pirategp.jpg

funny_animals_139.jpg

ca15.jpg

Pirate-Cathearts.gif

pirate-cat1.gif

Do not worry about the dogs! They are loyal! :D

BigsHat.jpg

piratedog.jpg

pirate.jpg

Blue deuse??

114631.jpg

A pirate captain walks into a bar with his first mate and they sit down at the bar. Now, the pirate captain has been a little down on his luck in the world of women, know what I mean? His first mate notices some lovely piratical wenches across the bar.

"Arr, cap'n, you should go o'er thar and talk to her, ask her to dance, aye?"

The captain replied "Arrrr, but what about me one eye? What if she makes fun of it?"

"Don't worry cap'n," said the first mate. "She only has one leg! She won't say anything with that one peg leg."

Convinced, the captain went over and immediately impressed the lady as pirates will do. He asked her if she'd like to dance.

"Would EYE, Would EYE!" she exclaimed.

"Oh yeah? Well... Peg Leg! Peg Leg!" replied the insulted captain!

Long ago lived a seaman named Captain Bravo. He was a manly man's man who showed no fear in facing his enemies. One day, while sailing the seven seas, a lookout spotted a pirate ship and the crew became frantic. Captain Bravo bellowed, "Bring me my red shirt."

The First Mate quickly retrieved the captain's red shirt and while wearing the bright frock he led his mates into battle and defeated the pirates. Later on, the lookout spotted not one, but two pirate ships. The captain again howled for his red shirt and once again they vanquished the pirates. That evening, all the men sat around on the deck recounting the day's triumphs and one of the them asked the captain: "Sir, why did you call for your red shirt before battle?"

The captain replied: "If I am wounded in the attack, the shirt will not show my blood, and thus, you men will continue to resist, unafraid." All of the men sat in silence and marveled at the courage of such a man's manly man.

As dawn came the next morning, the lookout spotted not one, not two, but TEN pirate ships approaching. The rank and file all stared in worshipful silence at the captain and waited for his usual reply. Captain Bravo gazed with steely eyes upon the vast armada arrayed against his mighty sailing ship and, without fear, turned, and calmly shouted: "Get me my brown pants."

HAhahaha this thread makes me so happy. ;) I'm gonna have a hard time picking the best pirate funny!

Less than an hour to go, here are the people on the list for Day 2 so far. Please let me know if you think your name should be on here!

Day 2

25. Ashallond

26. LadyBee4T

27. opalsns

28. SYOTT

29. aniyn

30. slowdownracer

31. IC1

32. snowball 58

33. fuzziebear3

34. sunsetmeadowlark

35. TYMKER

36. The Walkabouts

37. Frank n Beck

38. irwando

39. JohnMac56

40. gardengorilla

41. clarkbowman

42. AlienHeads

43. Jackalgirl

44. Team CeDo

45. Penguin#1

46. Surteb

47. ATMouse

48. seekerfamily

49. FScoutdl

50. SgtMikal

51. hollora

52. GATOULIS

53. xpat-021

54. rosebud55112

55. The Saint

56. chickahominy

A pirate and his parrot, were adrift in a lifeboat following a dramatic escape from a valiant battle. While rummaging through the boat's provisions, the pirate stumbled across an old lamp. Secretly hoping that a Genie would appear, he rubbed the lamp vigorously. To the amazement of the castaways, a Genie came forth. This particular Genie, however, stated that he could only deliver one wish, not the standard three. Without giving any thought to the matter the pirate blurted out, "Make the entire ocean into rum!" The Genie clapped his hands with a deafening crash, and immediately the entire sea turned into the finest rum ever sampled by mortals. Simultaneously, the Genie vanished. Only the gentle lapping of rum on the hull broke the stillness as the two considered their circumstances. The parrot looked disgustedly at the pirate and after a tension-filled moment spoke: "Now yee've done it!! Now we're goon to have to pee in the boat."

Okay, that's it for riddle #2! The answer was Pirates of Penzance! That's right, the comedy musical by Gilbert & Sullivan. ;)

It is also where the song "I am a model of a modern major-general" came from. :D And I have to share this cache-interpretation sent to me by irwando. I hope he doesn't mind!

I am the very model of a modern Caching General,

I have information latitude, longitude, and directional,

I know the coordinates and can quote the logs historical,

From FTF to last find, in that finders found the haul.

I'm very well acquainted, too, with all matters trackable,

I understand geocoins, both the simple and personal,

About travel bugs I'm teeming with a lot o' news,

With many cheerful finds my TBs I do not lose.

I'm very good at multis, virtuals, and mysteries;

At Earthcaches I learn about natural histories,

In short, in matters latitude, longitude, and directional,

I am the very model of a modern Cahing General!

Ahhhh, me hearties, ye've done this ol' cap'n proud! Yeh've discovered th' thievin' scoundrels who be takin me treasure!!

We be knowin' now that there be 17 of these Pirates o' Penzance who be runnin' of with the booty!

By fate or fortune, I be findin' a map the scurrilous dawgs be leavin' behind! Unfortunately, I be not able to crack th' code. I be hopin' yeh all can help!

Please be emailin' me th' name o' th' three places so I can be findin' me treasure!

map.jpg

You know ye are a pirate when...

...you prefer cheap rum instead of expensive wine.

...you think that the proper way to greet kings at events is: Arrh, ye peacock, give me yer money or I´ll burn yer tent!

...you're planning to purchase a large cannon with the explanation: "who knows, maybe some day we go to Pennsic".

...you are not very interested in SCA rapier fencing cause "they've banned fleche and suicidefencing" and you dont really understand that crap bout "chivalry" either.

...you get thrown out of meetings cause you know too much about "slithering throats, ARRH!".

...the people at work starts to talk about you as the guy who puts jolly rogers on everything.

...people stand WAAY back when your household starts to pull out rapiers, sabres, cutlasses and daggers.

...you get really angry when the person next to you at the bancuette, who claims to be a pirate, doesnt know anything about "loading guns with rusty nails" and you challenge him to a cutlassduel, he turns up and then runs away cause you brought your real cutlass. ...your topic for the evening is smuggling, and your fellow sca-dians listens politely until you mention "fast motor boats" and starts complaining about how the price on silk has gone down.