4x4 Geocaching

The Fletcher Clan

Looking for other's with 4x4 trucks to make a run for the the Lingham Lake, Bushwacker caches.

The 4x4 club trail rides are not really for geocaching. (Very muggly indeed)

Just finding a few off-roaders to cache with would be great. I did On a wing and a Prayer with just my truck :) (I wasn't alone...) but... I should obey the cardinal rule of off roading - Never go alone. :)

Looking for other's with 4x4 trucks to make a run for the the Lingham Lake, Bushwacker caches.

Just finding a few off-roaders to cache with would be great. I did On a wing and a Prayer with just my truck :) (I wasn't alone...) but... I should obey the cardinal rule of off roading - Never go alone. :)

I lived closer and my truck was a 4X4, I would be up for it :D

Sorry, cheap bump :o

Just finding a few off-roaders to cache with would be great. I did On a wing and a Prayer with just my truck :laughing: (I wasn't alone...) but... I should obey the cardinal rule of off roading - Never go alone. :D

I lived closer and my truck was a 4X4, I would be up for it :D

Sorry, cheap bump ;)

We're definitely interested in "non-club" trail runs for geocaching ... especially if we can turn it into a whole weekend/camping ;)

Any one else???? :rolleyes:

You don't have to have a 40" tires and a super suspension lift to go 4x4'ing you know!!

I drive the same truck I do every day.

(Just don't be afraid of some mud in the fender or a few surface scratches, although if you REALLY want to 4x4... :huh: )

yeah it'd be nice if we could get a good group together! looking forward to doing Lingham :D

Well, I scouted the trail a bit last weekend and you definitely DO NOT want to go at this one alone. I talked to some people who know the trail and got a few tips as well. :mad:

I am planning another run in there either Sept 19 or 26.

It would be nice to have a group going all together. Those who don't have a capable truck can bring food and/or beverages. There is camping at both Lingham Lake and the trailhead.

There are other 4x4 caches in the area too. Let's make a weekend of it!!

Email me if you plan to join us and say which date is better and/or what your driving/bringing on the trip.

(TB's welcome too)

Well, this is a new year and since my truck died in the begining of Sept last year I never did get to the Bushwhacker cache.

Now I have a new(er) truck -same make as before BTW- and I'm looking to do it this year around the end of August (21-22) or (28-29) There is a few 81 Proof caches I need in the area (all off 4x4 trails) and want to do them in one weekend. :laughing:

I am still looking for some other trucks to go to interesting caches with on off roading trips/day trips/camping ventures. Any previous repliers still interested?

Anyone willing to get together for some 81 Proof caches?

I'll be at the Spring Fling in my red 4Runner (with TB) as well. If you see me leave a note or talk to me (if I can be found!!) :laughing: Or you can just reply here too. :)

Well, this is a new year and since my truck died in the begining of Sept last year I never did get to the Bushwhacker cache.

Now I have a new(er) truck -same make as before BTW- and I'm looking to do it this year around the end of August (21-22) or (28-29) There is a few 81 Proof caches I need in the area (all off 4x4 trails) and want to do them in one weekend. ;)

I am still looking for some other trucks to go to interesting caches with on off roading trips/day trips/camping ventures. Any previous repliers still interested?

Anyone willing to get together for some 81 Proof caches?

I'll be at the Spring Fling in my red 4Runner (with TB) as well. If you see me leave a note or talk to me (if I can be found!!) :P Or you can just reply here too. :mad:

If I could come with my ATV I'd be interested... I've done a lot of running in that area... (Based out of Coe Hill)

You're not going to turn Bushwacker into a drive by with a truck. An ATV would be needed for that one. I've seen some of the "road" near Lingham and that would defiantly be a fun truck ride in!

I'd also like to do some of the other caches in the area.

As for 81 Proof squares, there's also a few off road caches up north of Sudbury/North Bay as well.

Edited by Avernar

LOL! I don't think that would be possible!! I was planning on driving in to Lingham Lake and as far as I could and hoofing it the rest of the way. From my research, it would be a 2hr hike in and out. There are a bunch of other off road caches near there that I want to do.

As for anyone coming up with an ATV, could I hitch a ride from Lingham Lake??!! :lol:

Planning on Aug 21 or 28. Email me though my profile if we can meet up.

If your going in with a truck, this time of year is not good. Johnstons hole is about a minimum of 3 feet deep in the dry season. Other wise it sounds like your truck is capable. I haven't been up there in a couple of years. Actually, the shear number of caches in the area has realy turned me away from going back. There used to be just a few good caches, now there is a whole power trail to Bushwacker. IMO it has really "cheapened" the 5/5 status of the original cache.

Well we made it to the Lingham lake trail yesterday morning only to find out that the deer hunters broke all the Beaver dams the weekend before..the trail was mostly a river...I could have canoe`d to the caches but we didn't bring it. The road in was littered with hunters, there were so many that the hills and Hydro lines looked like they were covered in orange smarties....They were everywhere...trucks and trailers lined up for a mile or so on both sides of the road, at the hunting lodge.....So we decided to leave it till next year.....With all that said I would like to get a group of offroad cachers together if anyone is interested in going....

Sounds like we have the starting of Lingham lake tour ride developing...Meanwhile along with the some of my already published 4x4 caches I plan on placing more off roading caches here in Sudbury....We already have quite a collection of 4x4 and quad caches in the area, but I was thinking of using the old rail bed that has gone to Rails to Trails to set up a power off roading trail...I have so far travelled from South River to Capreol (hiding a few caches of course http://coord.info/GC420BG for 1 )via the old rail bed that turns into the snowmobile trail on the 1st of December...