Hidden Waypoints

Puppy Dawg

Really so I can hit the trails and know if I'm within .1 mile of a stage or final, for hiding caches. I don't want to work hard to make a cache and then get it shunned away because it's too close to that old multi.

I use GSAK for this. When I find a multi or a puzzle, I update my GSAK database of finds with all the stages and final.

Helps when placing caches and when friends call for help.

Takes a bit of time but works great. And GSAK will export all of them as POI's.

Really so I can hit the trails and know if I'm within .1 mile of a stage or final, for hiding caches. I don't want to work hard to make a cache and then get it shunned away because it's too close to that old multi.

Well before you put to much work into it, drop you reviewer an email with your co-ordinates. You find out ahead of time if your okay.

Jim

The cache owner doesn't see the stages of multis or puzzle solutions on any map here, so if you're expecting finders to see them, you're asking for a major code rewrite. Just an FYI on the likelyhood of this happening (low).

My suggestion is that you save this data as you generate it. You can use Easy GPS for this (free download from the Resources link on the left margin of any GC.com page). Heck you can just write 'em down and load them into your gps at need.

I now wish I used GSAK.

As another cacher who doesn't use GSAK, I do use Gamin's Mapsource software and do the same thing with each leg of every cache that I have gone to. I then can bring it up in the Mapsource map and can use the measuring tool for any legs that may be close to my potential cache.

As far as the coords of Multis & Puzzles, if the cache owner doesn't want the legs to be seen because then the cache would likely turn into a Traditional instead then they mark them as hidden. I doubt that there are many cache owners who would be ok with this idea.

So if you think that there could be a cache within .1 from your planned caches and you haven't cleared all the caches in the area, I agree with JHolly that an email to the local reviewer is the best idea on caches with legs.

MYater