Anyone have some wet wipes?

cwelt

What a hunt today.... located a cache near a lake that was "just off the path near the lakefront" and decided it should be a walk in the park. Well once I got close to the spot, I saw it was actually a 25m hike through some thick brush. Anyways, walking along the lake front, using trees as handholds to not fall into the lake. Doing the typical geo walk (head down staring at the screen watching the countdown) I was approaching GZ

10m... 9.... 8.... 7.... 6.... 5.... 4..... 3.... 2.... 1...

"HONK!!!!!"

Suddenly this extremely pissed off duck honks at me and flaps her wings and starts going crazy!! I jump back 5 feet and swear at the top of my lungs... the duck flies off and I look over to find she has made her nest ON the cache! there is 5 little duck eggs sitting in the nest, and the nest sitting on top of the lock and lock!

I catch my breath, groan, turn and walk out of the bush.. have to come back and get this one another time.

So anyone with some wet wipes if you could send them my way as that duck scared the *&^@ out of me!!!

:)

The better half of the Team (Gummee) actually stepped ON a spotted fawn this spring -- I had already walked past it. Similar bodily (dis)functions happened when this thing bleated loudly, jumped up from beneath her and ran away to our right.

Now......... the rest of the story...........

Mamma deer, was busy watching us from her secluded spot in the bush. She bolted like a freight train, not to come after us, but rather to run after her fawn. In doing so, she temporarily occupied a goodly portion of the four foot distance between the two of us. Please pass the wet ones!

This spring I was going after a cache in Wisconsin called "Eau Claire Hobo Camps". The cache takes you right past a very elaborate hobo camp. The cache page warns you about it, and suggests that you do the cache in the winter when the residents have moved south.

Well, this was middle to late spring and I wasn't sure if the camp would be occupied, or not, but I decided to give it a try. I found a place to park, grabbed the Nuvi that I use for paperless info off the dashboard mount and stuck it in my back pocket, and headed down the trail with my 60CSx.

Once my 60 showed me that I was getting close, I started to walk very slowly and carefully, listening for any sign of habitation, as well as making sure that I wasn't snapping any twigs or rustling fallen leaves. I was stealthy, almost tip-toeing, barely breathing. I rounded the last bend and could see bits of the camp... a finely woven latticework of dead branches that made a fence around the hut. Suddenly, from right behind me, I hear a loud voice saying...

"APPROACHING GC1H7AZEAUCLAIREHOBOCAMP!!"

I had forgotten to mute my Nuvi!!!

Fortunately, the hobos were still down south.

Anybody got any wet-wipes?

This spring I was going after a cache in Wisconsin called "Eau Claire Hobo Camps". The cache takes you right past a very elaborate hobo camp. The cache page warns you about it, and suggests that you do the cache in the winter when the residents have moved south.

Well, this was middle to late spring and I wasn't sure if the camp would be occupied, or not, but I decided to give it a try. I found a place to park, grabbed the Nuvi that I use for paperless info off the dashboard mount and stuck it in my back pocket, and headed down the trail with my 60CSx.

Once my 60 showed me that I was getting close, I started to walk very slowly and carefully, listening for any sign of habitation, as well as making sure that I wasn't snapping any twigs or rustling fallen leaves. I was stealthy, almost tip-toeing, barely breathing. I rounded the last bend and could see bits of the camp... a finely woven latticework of dead branches that made a fence around the hut. Suddenly, from right behind me, I hear a loud voice saying...

"APPROACHING GC1H7AZEAUCLAIREHOBOCAMP!!"

I had forgotten to mute my Nuvi!!!

Fortunately, the hobos were still down south.

Anybody got any wet-wipes?

:(:D:D:D:D:DYeah, pass a FEW wet-wipes