Colorado Help

HazelS

Hello folks

I recently became the very happy owner of a Colorado 300, which I adore!

I did my first multi yesterday, and really struggled to do it - I managed to mark the current location, and then change it to the new final coords of the multi, but then I didn't get an arrow to take me there - I got the map and the uselss little triangle to follow.

As it happened, the final was only about 40ft away, so I could cope without the arrow, but I'm wondering what'll happen when I need to input a destination further away...

Any ideas to help?

Did I remember seeing something (a document) written by Mr B about the Colorado??

I've put a document together to show you how to load your PQ directly to the Colorado so you get all the cache information including additional waypoints. The problem you may be refering to is opening a waypoint for a cache and then editing it as you traipse around the various waypoints. It seems it can't be done easily! At least not as easily as on the 'older' models.

If you want the doc on loading PQ's, click here.

Chris (MrB)

Hello folks

I recently became the very happy owner of a Colorado 300, which I adore!

I did my first multi yesterday, and really struggled to do it - I managed to mark the current location, and then change it to the new final coords of the multi, but then I didn't get an arrow to take me there - I got the map and the uselss little triangle to follow.

As it happened, the final was only about 40ft away, so I could cope without the arrow, but I'm wondering what'll happen when I need to input a destination further away...

Any ideas to help?

Did I remember seeing something (a document) written by Mr B about the Colorado??

The way I do it on the Oregon is do the working out on a pice of paper and create a waypoint for each stage of the multie/ puzzle and press go and then navigate to it like any other waypoint and the red arrow on the compass screan should be there, but then the colorado although simmiler does have a diffrent interface so it might be diffrent.

I find I get the additional waypoints if I download the gpx file to the Colo from the cache page rather than via the PQ routine.

Surely you don't mean you get the final coords???

I got the final co-ords for one of my offsets once like that :)

I find I get the additional waypoints if I download the gpx file to the Colo from the cache page rather than via the PQ routine.

Surely you don't mean you get the final coords???

I got the final co-ords for one of my offsets once like that :)

If it's your own cache that you are downloading you will get the final co-ords included. I presume that's because you should already know the co-ords so it doesn't matter?