Out of memory

has any one come across an issue where memory map crashes and comes up with "Out of memory"?

With the only way to get out of it, is to use the system task manager!

I keep getting it on mine, although i may have no PQ's or tracks or anything else on show :)

T

has any one come across an issue where memory map crashes and comes up with "Out of memory"?

I keep getting it on mine, although i may have no PQ's or tracks or anything else on show :D

T

Had the same problem for no reason a few weeks ago!!!! :)

Deleted all overlays/routes but same issue. Mapsource support were "chocolate teapot" so re-installed Mapsource and all OK now?

Using Version 5.3.2 Build 1009.

Regards

Nick (Beds Clangers)

I keep getting it on mine, although i may have no PQ's or tracks or anything else on show :)

T

Deleted all overlays/routes but same issue. Mapsource support were "chocolate teapot" so re-installed Mapsource and all OK now?

Regards

Nick (Beds Clangers)

Thanks Nick and LIS, i will try them both!

I keep getting it on mine, although i may have no PQ's or tracks or anything else on show :o

T

Regards

Nick (Beds Clangers)

I'm totally confused. :) Memory Map and Mapsource are two completely different products from different vendors.

T

This sounds like a memory leak issue. This happens when a program grabs a bit of memory, but fails to release it, grabs more, fails to release, and so on. Windows doesn't seem to be able to over-ride this behaviour; if you're running Windows, you probably need to reboot the system every few days, or more often if you're doing a lot of stuff, or are using a program with severe memory leakage.

T

This sounds like a memory leak issue. This happens when a program grabs a bit of memory, but fails to release it, grabs more, fails to release, and so on. Windows doesn't seem to be able to over-ride this behaviour; if you're running Windows, you probably need to reboot the system every few days, or more often if you're doing a lot of stuff, or are using a program with severe memory leakage.

Ah, I wonder if leaving my pc on for weeks at a time would do this as it is not very often i turn it off!!

I keep getting it on mine, although i may have no PQ's or tracks or anything else on show <_<

T

Ah, I wonder if leaving my pc on for weeks at a time would do this as it is not very often i turn it off!!

Leaving your PC on for weeks wouldn't be an issue if you weren't running programs that have memory leaks, or if there was a version of Windows that could be strict with leaking programs.

I tend to reboot windows every few days, I'm running MM and GSAK, and I suspect they both have leaks.

You should also think about a complete Windows reload every several months, to clean out the scurf that it seems to get.

You should also think about a complete Windows reload every several months, to clean out the scurf that it seems to get.

:mad: Stopping talking Dutch man........................wats that mean then :)

It means, you do a backup of everything that's important to you, and then you reinstall

Over time, Windows collects a lot of rubbish.

Things you installed, and even if you uninstall them, they leave stuff behind

Stuff that installed itself without telling you

Viruses and trojans that you picked up from all sorts of places

Adware and spyware. Botware. Fonts.

Folders of stuff that no-one knows what it is

All this is "scurf". Verity Stop calls it "cruft".

http://www.ddj.com/184405140