Birdie's Cache Setting Challange

My first entry... bending the rules a little but here we go

BPJC: Mobile Cache TB

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?tracker=TB29MCF

Nobody has objected yet... so why not?!

It is jammed full of trades right now, and for discovering only, my own personal collection of coins - I will remove those before letting it travel.

I have a couple of ideas for regular BPJC caches... hope I can get them out in time!

Kindest regards!

Preseli

It is jammed full of trades right now, and for discovering only, my own personal collection of coins - I will remove those before letting it travel.

I have a couple of ideas for regular BPJC caches... hope I can get them out in time!

Kindest regards!

Preseli

Clever and devious this may be but, currently, in my book this is a Travel Bug.. unless it's registered as a cache with a GC number then it's not a cache.

Awaits to see if gets approval

Kindest regards!

Preseli

Clever and devious this may be but, currently, in my book this is a Travel Bug.. unless it's registered as a cache with a GC number then it's not a cache.

Awwwwww.... a mobile cache full of trades and goodies and packed with coins to be discovered too! And me on my way to the Wales 2011 Megga Mutter now with the chance of lots of dicoveries!

Hmphhhhh.... going to sulk now! tee hee

When the missus bought a jar of these peaches about 6 months ago I thought that it would make a perfect cache container, so I stuck it to one side for a rainy day, so when I read this thread I though I ought to get off my backside and enter. Everything is now ready to go, I've just got to place the final cache and submit it for review, hopefully it will be published before the deadline.

I'm going for least found, but I don't think I'm nearly evil enough so I'll admit defeat even before I've entered :anitongue: but it's not the winning that's important it taking part :laughing:

Well done to Birdie for generating what looks like turning out to be a quality cache series.

FWIW here's my container (note the cache sticker from last years Mega!)

ad0e3d39-df13-4190-88cb-9ecf1edba832.jpg

Birdman - GC status was refused as expected - Am willing to resort to bribery now like the Blorenges have already done to get their event BPJC passed the no event rule!

What is your price? A jar of peaches? Two jars of peaches? :)

Em

P.S. Try using a pack of those orange and chocolate cake / biscuit thingies :)

I have just bought a packet of those! I might pop them in a jiffy bag and post them right now

Mr Birdman (a mad GeoCacher)

Liskeard

Cornwall

I bet you a fiver they will get there - eventually! LOL

Birdman - GC status was refused as expected - Am willing to resort to bribery now like the Blorenges have already done to get their event BPJC passed the no event rule!

yes and let us NOT forget by whom it was refused!!!!! Somebody who is holding a BPJC EVENT!!!! I smell a rat! hahahahahaha :)

Don't take any notice of me, I am just a sore loser who likes to point out the injustices of this world! teee heee ;)B)B)

Am about to go and hide my second peach jar this morning - a bit of an last minute decision but I couldn't resist hiding another one :D

The cache will go into the review queue in a couple of hours once I've checked the coordinates.

Cache is BPJC: Brean & Gone GC1WWT0

@ML - that means you can get your 6th peach jar this week :P

Edited by *mouse*

Just found my 5th BPJC tonight .... and now wondering if there could be a new winning category

- Cacher to find the most BPJC :D

Well theres an idea.... but there will be another competition open to everyone, which I'll launch verrrry shortly....

Worringly, I even have next years competition sketched out - and it's simple and evil at the same time...

What is your price? A jar of peaches? Two jars of peaches? :D

Em

I'm well stocked on Peaches as Somerfield had them on offer recently! I can make no comment re Jaffacakes as it would be (or would it) too big a clue for cachers attempting my BPJC entry...

... I can make no comment re Jaffacakes as it would be (or would it) too big a clue for cachers attempting my BPJC entry...

I was very careful not to actually mention the J word in my post above :P

You mean... we're going to go through all this again next year? :D

:laughing:

I'll admit that the free raffle idea in our BPJ entry at Gordano Services seems to be going well, so we might do another one next like it next year.

MrsB

Edited by The Blorenges

Friday night will be your last chance for me to review your Peach Jars in the South as I'll be way too busy on Saturday and Sunday.... So if your cache is reviewed now and has problems and isn't published until after the Mega on Sunday it technically won't qualify for the competition. So you may need to ask that nice Birdman for an exemption using the carefully constructed argument that your cache was reviewed BEFORE the Mega but not published until AFTER and so still qualifies :D

Chris

Graculus

Volunteer UK Reviewer for geocaching.com

UK Geocaching Information & Resources website www.follow-the-arrow.co.uk/resources

Friday night will be your last chance for me to review your Peach Jars in the South as I'll be way too busy on Saturday and Sunday.... So if your cache is reviewed now and has problems and isn't published until after the Mega on Sunday it technically won't qualify for the competition. So you may need to ask that nice Birdman for an exemption using the carefully constructed argument that your cache was reviewed BEFORE the Mega but not published until AFTER and so still qualifies :D

Chris

Graculus

Volunteer UK Reviewer for geocaching.com

UK Geocaching Information & Resources website www.follow-the-arrow.co.uk/resources

Cuz I'm a decent and reasonable chap... and is too scared to argue with Graculus's argument - you can all have till next Wednesday (12th August) to have your caches published - how fair is that!

a cache must be hidden before the UK 2nd Mega Event on August 9th 2009.

I've noticed a small loophole in the rules which I am tempted to exploit in order to win Least Found. The rules say the cache must be hidden before the 9th, not that it has to be published. My jar has actually been hidden for about a fortnight so if I hold off getting it published until just before the closing date and send my caching partner out to find it....

:D

I've noticed a small loophole in the rules which I am tempted to exploit in order to win Least Found. The rules say the cache must be hidden before the 9th, not that it has to be published. My jar has actually been hidden for about a fortnight so if I hold off getting it published until just before the closing date and send my caching partner out to find it....

*Gasps* There's always one...

*Gasps* There's always one...

Only one? I'm not the first to try to bend the rules, not by a long shot... Event jars, travelling jars and pet reviewers... pah!

:P

I spotted that too and thought that I might win Least Found with a Traditional. I even considered putting it near to another cache that I had set, so that no-one could place a cache within the minimum distance, and then archive the first cache and submit the second cache for publication just before New Year's Eve.

But then I read further down the rules where it says that to be in The Challenge you have to hide a cache and get it published :D

Edited by Slightly Tall Paul

My BPJC: Y Graig didn't make the Hawk like eyes of Graculus... I have been to GZ to sort out the minor niggle, I guess it will be next week now before it makes it into the competition. Sorry about this, it wasn't my intention to let it this late in the day to get it live! Wish I had known about the challenge sooner - this is my first time really into this forum, and it was only by accident that I popped when I did!

Thank you for all the fun...

Enjoy the Mega - I am working in Peterborough so I doubt I will make it there myself. If I do it will be quite late on the Sunday.

Kindest regards

Em

My BPJC: Y Graig didn't make the Hawk like eyes of Graculus... I have been to GZ to sort out the minor niggle, I guess it will be next week now before it makes it into the competition. Sorry about this, it wasn't my intention to let it this late in the day to get it live! Wish I had known about the challenge sooner - this is my first time really into this forum, and it was only by accident that I popped when I did!

Thank you for all the fun...

Enjoy the Mega - I am working in Peterborough so I doubt I will make it there myself. If I do it will be quite late on the Sunday.

Kindest regards

Em

GC1WW9N BPJC: Y Graig is live!

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...ba-da72bbba4415

Thank you! Whoop Whoop!

Em

I really should check the forums more often. I have just set a couple of new caches and would love to have been part of this. :drama:

Neva mind. they don't call Aberystwyth the End of the Line for nothing :D

I shal have to look out for some peach jars to discover instead. But it has given me ideas for new containers :mad: