Birdie's Cache Setting Challange

ok for us thick one's lol we have got a pic done on photobucket of said jar how do i put that on gc on my page etc.

By "my page", I assume you mean you want to put the photo of your cache into the description on your cache page?

If you go to the top of this forum, in the pinned topics, click on "Resources for Geocachers in UK and Ireland" which takes you to Follow the Arrow - "Resources for geocachers in UK and Ireland."

Then click the link on the left side "How to do HTML"... and then Click Here link on that page.

Half way down you'll find instructions on "Adding images to the page."

MrsB

As my entry in Birdie's Peach Jar Challenge has been live for a week, I thought that I would post some thoughts on the challenge so far;

Firstly, Thank You to the Birdman for starting the challenge. I've only been caching for a couple of months but I was already thinking of placing a cache, and this just gave me the push that I needed to do it. If you've never placed a cache, then you're not getting the full GC experience. It's great fun to read the logs (and thankfully mine have been positive) and follow it's progress. Also, I think that my cache has inspired another competitor in The Family Bu, so that's great :)

Secondly, Thank You to Tavisman for putting a link on his cache's page to mine and starting the first leaderboard, especially as the changing name of my cache must be causing him some extra work he didn't bargain for :P

Next I would like to give a nod to Notts Cachers John + Carol. After I found their nanocache GC1HDY8 Dynamite Offer John changed the name to Summer Music Sundae and a little bulb went on over my head "I didn't know that you could do that!", so Thank You for the inspiration John :) Oh, and don't be put off finding mine if you can't think of a name for it, after all the FTF didn't choose a new name.

As for the competition, I think that Camel Cachers have played a blinder by placing their cache near the upcoming Mega which will be overflowing with cachers, although can I just point out that technically I'm still leading the Least Found category as the found cache with the fewest finds :P

Good Luck to everyone, regards, Paul

I want in on this too - will have to get eating quickly....

How long, on average, does it take for caches to be published?

How long is a piece of string?

I think it probably depends on where you live and so which reviewer you fall under - and of course how busy they are with life outside caching.

In the past I've had caches published within an hour.

The average around here though seems to be a couple of days.

My own BPJC cache is sat in the queue right now...... :D

Leaderboard updated - Camel cachers currently leading in the least finds (but with at least one find) category and Mrs Blorenge still in the lead in the most found category.

G0AKH still with no finds, but I'm working on that..

I know of at least three caches in the queue and several more being talked about. Still loads of time to get your entries placed and join in the fun!

Steve/Birdie

My own BPJC cache is sat in the queue right now...... :D

It is indeed in the queue :D ...... now, in order to start reviewing it I need some stimulating music to help me. I know, that wonderful marching tune of the Royal Marines will do......

A life on the ocean wave! A home on the rolling deep!

I personally like the second verse best....

The land is no longer in view, the clouds have begun to frown

Chris

Graculus

Volunteer UK Reviewer for geocaching.com

UK Geocaching Information & Resources website www.follow-the-arrow.co.uk/resources

My own BPJC cache is sat in the queue right now...... :blink:

It is indeed in the queue :o ...... now, in order to start reviewing it I need some stimulating music to help me. I know, that wonderful marching tune of the Royal Marines will do......

Chris

Graculus

UK Geocaching Information & Resources website www.follow-the-arrow.co.uk/resources

:rolleyes::D:D:laughing: waypoint updated......

My own BPJC cache is sat in the queue right now...... :blink:

It is indeed in the queue :o ...... now, in order to start reviewing it I need some stimulating music to help me. I know, that wonderful marching tune of the Royal Marines will do......

Chris

Graculus

:rolleyes::D:D:laughing: waypoint updated......

What a spiffing idea - a floating cache that drifts with the tide... that should be hard to find..

A new EVIL looking cache added.... Leaderboard and so popular....

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.

Apache Server at www.geochecker.com Port 80

I couldn't check my co-ordinates....

Edited by Birdman-of-liskatraz

Added - as is Write and Manes magnificent entry.. all on the Leaderboard here.

My cache is now hidden, so expect another annoying puzzle very soon!

Thanks for the compliment.

When out doing the reccie, we had very evil thoughts :):D

"You remember the clues you had for Merthyr Marathon Series 1 - 8

Well you need them NOW" ;):mad:

Anyway thanks for the challenge.

Just submitted my entry for review so fingers crossed it gets published soon....

GC1W2A4 BPJC: Walking on the Beaches Looking at the Peaches

As it's only 525 metres from Weston-Super-Mega I figure I might have a reasonable chance of winning the most found! :D;):)

ba2d2a7c-ec82-4e67-a86f-a1fd9f643512.jpg

Edited by *mouse*

Camel Cachers are getting concerned about the travellers camped very near to their Aunt Birdie's Cache.................especially as it's still got loads of Tenners stuffed in it..............................thanks to Berrow Cachers for the photo you posted this morning.....................hope the Travellers move on very very soon........................we paid really good money to camp on a proper campsite last week......................just like the people who are going to camp nearby at Warren Farm for the Mega Event. Maybe some cachers could overspill and camp for free on the verge near our cache once the Travellers move on. Or like Mr T says have the Blorenges set up camp there to put off visiting cachers!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mmm....sounds like a fun comp. For all those that have a slow cooker and wondering what to do with all those lovely peaches....

Easy Fruit Crumble Crock Pot

Ingredients

Large Tin approx 2lb (825g) peach halves

Medium Tin -approx 1lb (450g) pineapple pieces.

2 tbs apricot Jam

1 tsp rum

Topping

1 cup (90g) bread crumbs

2 tbs plain flour

1/3 cup desiccated coconut or shredded

3 oz (90g) butter

1 tbs honey

Method

1. Drain fruits and reserve ½ cup of juice.

2. Put fruit in Slow Cooker.

3. Combine reserved ½ juice with all other fruit ingredients and add to crock pot.

4. Cover and cook for 5-6 hours on low.

5. for the topping. Melt butter and honey together (Either in a small pan on the stove top or for a few seconds in the Microwave).

6. Next combine all topping ingredients in a bowl stir to distribute butter evenly.

8. Sprinkle the topping on top of the fruit.

9. Cover and cook for a further 2 hours on High.

10. Serve with your choice of cream, custard and ice-cream.

Mmm....sounds like a fun comp. For all those that have a slow cooker and wondering what to do with all those lovely peaches....

Easy Fruit Crumble Crock Pot

Ingredients

Large Tin approx 2lb (825g) peach halves

Medium Tin -approx 1lb (450g) pineapple pieces.

2 tbs apricot Jam

1 tsp rum

Topping

1 cup (90g) bread crumbs

2 tbs plain flour

1/3 cup desiccated coconut or shredded

3 oz (90g) butter

1 tbs honey

Method

1. Drain fruits and reserve ½ cup of juice.

2. Put fruit in Slow Cooker.

3. Combine reserved ½ juice with all other fruit ingredients and add to crock pot.

4. Cover and cook for 5-6 hours on low.

5. for the topping. Melt butter and honey together (Either in a small pan on the stove top or for a few seconds in the Microwave).

6. Next combine all topping ingredients in a bowl stir to distribute butter evenly.

8. Sprinkle the topping on top of the fruit.

9. Cover and cook for a further 2 hours on High.

10. Serve with your choice of cream, custard and ice-cream.

Is this a puzzle for your cache?

Like a Phoenix From The Flames!!!!!! "Great Aunt Birdie's Legacy....Lives On! (GC1WKXO)" is just awaiting it's green camo paint to dry on it, then the Camel Cachers will place it (a little nearer home this time!) and sit and wait for it to be reviewed. Happy Days are here again.....la..la..la.la.la

Like a Phoenix From The Flames!!!!!! "Great Aunt Birdie's Legacy....Lives On! (GC1WKXO)" is just awaiting it's green camo paint to dry on it, then the Camel Cachers will place it (a little nearer home this time!) and sit and wait for it to be reviewed. Happy Days are here again.....la..la..la.la.la

Got a maintenance plan in place this time then? :D:D:D

The first BPJC Event cache has been published here

To quote the cache page "Technically, this event cache is not an entry for the competition - It exists simply because MrsB wanted to prove it could exist"

I would wish to point out that it's possible that:

Statement A: Bribery is an acceptable tactic (Extract from rules)

could override

Statement B: Virtual Peach jars are excluded and obviously Peach Jar Event caches (Including Mega Events) are also excluded. (Extract from rules)

If you catch my drift MrsB?

The latest leaderboard is here