"installing uttopo on nuvi 500"

trbslb

Does any one have a recipe for a beginner to install uttopo on a nuvi 500?

This is what I have done so far:

1 dragged and dropped the uttopo img files to a uttopo folder I made on the nuvi

2 dragged and dropped to uttopo img files to the same folder the original garmin maps are located.

The nuvi did not recognize the new img files

I can help but I need to know one thing. Is/Are the .img file(s) you dropped into your nuvi created by MapSource?

If so, you should rename the gmapsupp.img to gmapsup2.img in this way the nuvi can detect both the City Navigator maps I'm assuming you already have on the unit AND the uttopo maps.

If you have already done the above you need to go into the map configuration setting and enable the uttopo mapset (don't forget to DISABLE the City Nav maps as well) so the uttopo maps can be seen on the nuvi screen.

Hope this helps.

Does any one have a recipe for a beginner to install uttopo on a nuvi 500?

This is what I have done so far:

1 dragged and dropped the uttopo img files to a uttopo folder I made on the nuvi

2 dragged and dropped to uttopo img files to the same folder the original garmin maps are located.

The nuvi did not recognize the new img files

As you have noticed, what you have done doesn't. Here is the tutorial on loading maps: LINK Edited by coggins