Forum Performance?

solo63137

The upgrade to the forum software is progressing in the first stages and will yet continue for some time. As much as I'd love to give you an estimate the reasons for not doing so are plain and have been mentioned already in this thread. I'm sorry about that.

So far we have worked on integrating your Geocaching profiles with the forum profiles but it hasn't been easy. There are profile items such as "forum title" that do not have an equivalent in the forum software so a lot of custom code is necessary. That stuff takes time.

Next we'll work on skinning the forum and importing old posts. Signal knows what else is required but I don't. With my limited ability to estimate progress I'd say we're about a quarter of the way to releasing the new forum.

Hopefully that gives you a bit more meat to chew on while we bang this out. I'll reiterate that I completely empathize with you all. It's totally annoying but hang in there and we'll get through it.

Thank you for the response... I hope I did not offend you or any of the other staff, I just wanted to hear something from the ""Staff"" that knew for sure what was going on...

I know your not taking a vote or asking, but I vote for Vbulliten forum software...

I'm (and most people I guess) are not real hung up on forum profiles, I mean if there are two there are two...

Again thanks for the update and I hope with my starting this thread there are no hard feelings... I really like Geocaching, the Geocaching site and interacting with the folks on this forum... Which is why I cry so much when it breaks; I can't get my forum fix... <_<

Hopefully that gives you a bit more meat to chew on while we bang this out. I'll reiterate that I completely empathize with you all. It's totally annoying but hang in there and we'll get through it.

Thanks, appreciate the update. A small suggestion : maybe a pinned thread in this forum (closed to discussion, updates only)?

I will support that suggestion. I think its a great idea. Regular updates like today's would, however, be a good idea.