Cache and Release

Team Rampant Lion

It's appearing quite certain that we will need to pull up our roots from northern New Jersey and head west. Final timing is not certain, but likely in the next 2 months. I am sending out a call for help to remove my many caches from the NJ landscape. I will entertain adoptions but prefer removal to free up the areas for new cache placement.

The following list are those caches out in the field that I would appreciate help removing. If you do remove the cache, it is YOURS no need to give the container or contents back to me. However, please (please, please) recirculate trackables. In a perfect world, I would love to hear that this lead to new cache placements. Please make a note in your visit log that you removed it so I can deactivate the cache. Here are the caches:

Bandit's Hideout

Hibernate

Ed's Old Man

Adventurer's Cache

Owl's Outlook

Dead Men Tell No Tales

Barney's Rubble

Monster Cache - Bigfoot

Monster Cache - Stone Troll

GOLD in the Silvermine

The Forest Edge

What The H-E-double toothpicks!

Anybody Home?

Monster Cache - TRL Radioactive

LOG IT

Ominous

The Broch

Cliffside View

Bridge Out Cache

More BS Caching

EPIC 3 - Altitude

EPIC 4 - Resolution

EPIC 2 - Serenity

Gooney Bird

Avonaco

Passing Stones

Trailblazer's Delight

Morris Lake Burrow

Deeath By Hemlock Woolly

CQ 96

Boulderdash

Lair of the Bear

Perfect Fit

Deep Woods

Shoots and Ladders

Whitt's Cliffs

Further Along #2

Ryker's Dreadlocks

Jack's Trail Marker

Tom E's Fingertip Cliff Climber

Red Tape

Boulder Bowling

Ryker Deja Vu

On The Edge

Russia Brook

The Other Side

I would be greatly appreciative of any help.

Team Rampant Lion

I had a hike planned for tomorrow morning in the area and might visit Whittingham after. I will pick up any that I find and let you know.

Sorry to hear you're leaving but it must be exciting picking up everything and shuffling across the country. I wish you and your family the best of luck and thanks for all the awesome adventures.

I'm also sorry to hear that you're ultimately going to have to leave the Northeast. I've enjoyed your events and your caches, and I'm sure wherever you're headed (SF?) will gain much from our loss.

We may head out on Sunday to try to grab a few of those listed... if so, we'll post the ones to which we're headed so others don't go to the same ones. I hope others will do the same.

Do not see the one we had planned on doing for so long. Had dnf it our first attempt. The Petroglyph challenge. We now need to step up our wish list of caches to do. Will post updates as we go. Thanks for all the nice caches. Woof woof

I might do a last group hike to pick up the Petroglyph Trail Challenge pieces as some are locked to trees and I have to bring the keys to get them off. Stay tuned.

Kevin and team TRL has done alot for early geocaching in Northern New Jersey, Sorry to see such a wonderful family leave the Garden State. Good Luck Kevin on your new west coast life. I know you will bring the same quality of caching to California. Maybe a Caching through the snow CA- edition! TRL's CTTS event in Sparta Mtn each December will continue!! NNJC will keep the up the tradition.

Not to worry about your cache placements, which we have all enjoyed. Whatever caches are out there NNJC will make sure we collect all your fine caches, and put them back out as new caches.

Good Luck my friend, and thank you for all your quality NJ geocaching contributions!

Regards,

John

Edited by Old Navy

It was the taxes wasn't it ? Driving everyone out. :)

If the rain ends, may take the bike out for Bridge Out Pick Up, we were the last finders on that one earlier in the year. Good luck out west, I think you mentioned at one point being close to San Francisco, Oh would I love to visit there again. Yosemite too. Good luck and enjoy.

Edited by Packanack

It was the taxes wasn't it ? Driving everyone out. :)

If the rain ends, may take the bike out for Bridge Out Pick Up, we were the last finders on that one earlier in the year. Good luck out west, I think you mentioned at one point being close to San Francisco, Oh would I love to visit there again. Yosemite too. Good luck and enjoy.

Trust me - if it was taxes I would be going to California as they are nearly bankrupt.

Anyway, a thank you to Treequest who must have done one heck of a hike to remove:

• CQ96
  • Ryker's Dreadlocks
  • Boulderdash
  • Ryker Deja Vu
  • Passing Stones
  • Jack's Trail Marker
  • Tom E's Fingertip Cliff Climber
  • Red Tape
  • Boulder Bowling
  • Bandit's Hideout

I really appreciate the help. I hope this opens up some novel spots for TQ as he has such unique placements.

Not sure how soon I'd be able to get up there, but it would be easier to keep track of what is left if the initial post gets edited and the completed ones are removed instead of going through the follow-up posts (because, ultimately, I'm lazy).

I would but the "Edit" button is no longer there. If there is another way. let me know.

Not sure how soon I'd be able to get up there, but it would be easier to keep track of what is left if the initial post gets edited and the completed ones are removed instead of going through the follow-up posts (because, ultimately, I'm lazy).

I would but the "Edit" button is no longer there. If there is another way. let me know.

It's a PITA but one way is to quote your own OP and remove the html for each one that's been removed, which should leave an edited quote with only the ones still out there.

It's appearing quite certain that we will need to pull up our roots from northern New Jersey and head west. Final timing is not certain, but likely in the next 2 months. I am sending out a call for help to remove my many caches from the NJ landscape. I will entertain adoptions but prefer removal to free up the areas for new cache placement.

The following list are those caches out in the field that I would appreciate help removing. If you do remove the cache, it is YOURS no need to give the container or contents back to me. However, please (please, please) recirculate trackables. In a perfect world, I would love to hear that this lead to new cache placements. Please make a note in your visit log that you removed it so I can deactivate the cache. Here are the caches:

Adventurer's Cache

Owl's Outlook

Dead Men Tell No Tales

Barney's Rubble

Monster Cache - Bigfoot

Monster Cache - Stone Troll

GOLD in the Silvermine

The Forest Edge

What The H-E-double toothpicks!

Anybody Home?

Monster Cache - TRL Radioactive

LOG IT

Ominous

The Broch

Cliffside View

Bridge Out Cache

More BS Caching

EPIC 3 - Altitude

EPIC 4 - Resolution

EPIC 2 - Serenity

Gooney Bird

Avonaco

Trailblazer's Delight

Morris Lake Burrow

Deeath By Hemlock Woolly

Lair of the Bear

Perfect Fit

Deep Woods

Shoots and Ladders

Whitt's Cliffs

Further Along #2

On The Edge

Team Rampant Lion

Like this.

Adventurer's Cache

Owl's Outlook

Dead Men Tell No Tales

Barney's Rubble

GOLD in the Silvermine

The Forest Edge

LOG IT

Ominous

The Broch

Cliffside View

Bridge Out Cache

More BS Caching

EPIC 3 - Altitude

EPIC 4 - Resolution

EPIC 2 - Serenity

Gooney Bird

Avonaco

Trailblazer's Delight

Morris Lake Burrow

Deeath By Hemlock Woolly

Lair of the Bear

Perfect Fit

Deep Woods

Shoots and Ladders

Whitt's Cliffs

Further Along #2

On The Edge

Team Rampant Lion

Treequest is on a roll clearing my caches out. Thank you for the help. Here is the new list.

Well I am now down to 24 remaining caches and want to thank everyone who has helped me by either removing my caches or adopting my caches. Still appreciate any help I can get with the remaining caches as I have to be packed and moved within 6 weeks.

Here are those that remain:

GOLD in the Silvermine

MONSTER CACHE - Jersey Devil

Owl's Outlook

Whitt's Cliffs

Cliffside View

FJ Overlook

Adventurer's Cache

Dead Men Tell No Tales

The Forest Edge

LOG IT

On The Edge

Cuguacuarana

Mikasi

Further Along #2

Shoots and Ladders

Deep Woods

Perfect Fit

Lair of the Bear

Trailblazer's Delight

Stokes State Forest Petrglyph Trail Challenge

EPIC 2 - Serenity

EPIC 3 - Altitude

EPIC 4 - Resolution

More BS Caching

Again, thank you in advance for any help you provide!

TRL

Hi Kevin,

Got this sad news just before vacation and checking out colleges came up. Sad to see you leave. As has been said, you have done much to foster geocaching in New Jersey, and, have planted some great caches.

I saw the list you put out and don't know if there has been any update as to which ones have been picked up or not.

I would hope that Petroglyph Challenge can be adopted (maybe by NNJC!); this is one of those Primo caches that make geocaching great. It is truly up there with the great ones. I hope to get out and do it one of these days.

Best of luck and stay in touch.

Kane

Hi Kevin,

Got this sad news just before vacation and checking out colleges came up. Sad to see you leave. As has been said, you have done much to foster geocaching in New Jersey, and, have planted some great caches.

I saw the list you put out and don't know if there has been any update as to which ones have been picked up or not.

I would hope that Petroglyph Challenge can be adopted (maybe by NNJC!); this is one of those Primo caches that make geocaching great. It is truly up there with the great ones. I hope to get out and do it one of these days.

Best of luck and stay in touch.

Kane

I have asked to adopt this cache and will leave it in place this Saturday unless Kevin tells me to pick it up.

I am sure I am not alone about this one. Adoption is a good thing.

S&S

Do not pick up Stokes State Forest Petrglyph Trail Challenge

the caches will be adopted soon!

Sorry that I have been absent in this conversation. In the middle of relocating and spending most time out west without access to my computer (company computer blocks access to both my gmail and geocaching.com).

Anyway, I have extended the adoption request to weathernowcast very early this morning (12:30 AM when I got back last night). I am pleased this one will live on. Thank you all for the interest.

TRL

ONLY 4 LEFT--

Just helping TRL here:

Update --only 4 left to pick up !

Dead Men Tell No Tales

The Forest Edge

LOG IT

Cuguacuarana

Note: Stokes State Forest Petroglyph Trail Challenge is adopted so please leave in place.

I officially relocate to San Francisco on Monday (8/17). These are the final four caches are still out. I will leave them and ask the next finders to pick them up. As I will still have occasional visits back to our office in Nutley, if they stand too long I will find a way to pick them up.

I will miss hiding caches in an area as great as this area was to me. Great people, fun events and challenging hikes.

All the best,

TRL

ONLY 4 LEFT--

Just helping TRL here:

Update --only 4 left to pick up !

Dead Men Tell No Tales

The Forest Edge

LOG IT

Cuguacuarana

Note: Stokes State Forest Petroglyph Trail Challenge is adopted so please leave in place.

I officially relocate to San Francisco on Monday (8/17). These are the final four caches are still out. I will leave them and ask the next finders to pick them up. As I will still have occasional visits back to our office in Nutley, if they stand too long I will find a way to pick them up.

I will miss hiding caches in an area as great as this area was to me. Great people, fun events and challenging hikes.

All the best,

TRL

Take care and best of luck in your new home. If you find your way back here, be sure to let us know so we can hook up (no, not THAT kind of hooking up).