Resources for Geocachers in the UK and Ireland

Resource website to give geocachers easy access to information and help in both placing and finding caches.

www.follow-the-arrow.co.uk/resources

---------------------------------------

This topic is pinned at the top of these forums but I thought a 'bump' was useful as there are many more new cachers in these forums now who might appreciate what the site offers.

I've recently done a complete update and included a lot more information about how to identify a potential cache site to see if if meets the guidelines or whether specific permission is needed. I've provided useful links to various interactive maps including Natural England (to identify nature reserves and SSSI's) and the Woodland Trust. I've also added a link to MAGIC, a government sponsored map that shows, through layers, just about everything - National Trust land, Forestry Commission, Woodland Trust and much more. It's a wee bit fiddly to use but worthwhile. There is also a link to the OS maps at both 1:50,000 and 1:25,000 scales and how to interpet the features on them.

Links to all the guidelines and forum posts announcing various changes in where you can and can't place caches and why - like churchyards and railway stations, archaeological sites and MOD access land.

If you want to add HTML code to your cache page I've added some simple instructions and if you feel your poor overworked Reviewers need help then have a look at the page which explains how to make their job easier! If your GPS receiver is a bit of a mystery to you then I've tried to explain a bit about coordinates and the technology.

I hope you find it useful. Any feedback would be appreciated

Chris (MrB)

www.follow-the-arrow.co.uk/resources