Caching Box Store

jrl218

Hi Cachers,

Anyone have experience buying geocaching items from CachingBox.com? I placed an order that included a metal fence micro cap, a free metal micro wall plate, and a travel bug... the order was placed on June 8th. It's been over a week and they still haven't shipped it. I sent them an e-mail asking if they send shipping confirmation e-mails and they did not respond. I was hoping to get my order before Father's Day!! This seems like it's taking too long!

http://www.cachingbox.com/

I even placed a different order after the first one from another store, cachebox.com, and received that package today!!

Somebody, anybody order from cachingbox.com??

Give them a call and ask if they sent your items yet.

CachingBox

8302 E. Turney Ave

Scottsdale, AZ. 85251

(480) 945-9626

I believe they must be more of a "middle man", when they get your order, they have to order it then send it to you. Just my 2cents worth. I ordered from them and had to wait. About a week after I finally got my order, I received a package from them that was meant for someone else. I got the correct address from the packing slip and forwarded it to the correct place. ???? Just don't know about that.

I believe they must be more of a "middle man", when they get your order, they have to order it then send it to you. Just my 2cents worth. I ordered from them and had to wait. About a week after I finally got my order, I received a package from them that was meant for someone else. I got the correct address from the packing slip and forwarded it to the correct place. ???? Just don't know about that.

I get the same impression you do. They are a 'no inventory' sales company (for lack of a better word).

I get the same impression you do. They are a 'no inventory' sales company (for lack of a better word).

dropship is the word you're looking for.

to the OP... why buy when you can build? In my experience at least, that is MUCH more rewarding. You can buy fence caps (without the container, of course) and everything else that you ordered, but even better, you can come up with some original ideas instead of those tired old ideas that have been around long enough to make it onto sites like that.

I placed an order with them earlier this month and recived the goods in about 2 weeks.

The big problem realy is that they didn't respond to any of my e-mails and I was about to raise a dispute with PayPal as this led me to the conclusion that the goods wouldn't arrive and the tracking number provided had no record attached to it.

I order May 05 2009, and I still wait...

I have sent many messages by email, no answer. Believe many :o

I have made a complaint to Paypall, I still wait...

This is my last order to this company, first and last...

Before I order some box from grazycaches, and service is good and fast.

I order May 05 2009, and I still wait...

I have sent many messages by email, no answer. Believe many :ph34r:

I have made a complaint to Paypall, I still wait...

This is my last order to this company, first and last...

Before I order some box from grazycaches, and service is good and fast.

Today I get a box. Mailed 8.7.2009.

But, some items is still missing :ph34r:

Arghh...

When you see 'allow 2-6 weeks for delivery' you know you're dealing with a dropshipper[sMC anyone?]

Wow - other cachers with tha same problem. I should have done my research before ordering. I ordered a bunch of caches to be delivered to me on the Cruise Ship I work on - to arrive in Stockholm. The shipping cost for this order was huge! When I ordered, all I got was a confirmation email that my order had been received and my stuff will be shipped as soon as possible. It's been nearly two weeks, and I have received no follow-up emails saying my stuff has been shipped or giving tracking numbers - all things I have come to expect from online stores. Also, I asked a question in the form with my order (how long will it take to ship to Stockholm) and they haven't responded. I am now sitting here wondering if they will send my caches or if the ship will sail without them! I will never order from them again.

Wow - other cachers with tha same problem. I should have done my research before ordering. I ordered a bunch of caches to be delivered to me on the Cruise Ship I work on - to arrive in Stockholm. The shipping cost for this order was huge! When I ordered, all I got was a confirmation email that my order had been received and my stuff will be shipped as soon as possible. It's been nearly two weeks, and I have received no follow-up emails saying my stuff has been shipped or giving tracking numbers - all things I have come to expect from online stores. Also, I asked a question in the form with my order (how long will it take to ship to Stockholm) and they haven't responded. I am now sitting here wondering if they will send my caches or if the ship will sail without them! I will never order from them again.

Your hiding caches while on a cruise?

Gah, I too wish I'd seen this thread before ordering.

Three weeks since the order, no replies to emails asking what's up.

Will not use again.

As to the person commenting about making your own. I'm all over that, but I wanted to get Bison tubes, and this place had 'em. :-)

Cheers,

Arlo

Your hiding caches while on a cruise?

He works on the cruise ship. Since he is working I guess you can't call them vacation caches. :ph34r:

Jim

I'm only replacing caches for those who have left them in various countries where they aren't around to maintain them.. Not surprisingly I see a lot of caches needing maintenance or replacement around the world while working on the ship! I had one to replace in Russia recently but managed with my own ingenuity. I ended up replacing two while I was there.

As an update to the caching box dilemma, it turns out they shipped it mistakenly to my billing address, however after two emails they did eventually refund the difference I paid in shipping. Given no time restraints, i might order from them again.

I'm a "she" :mad:

Well, finally received my order from them today and got a box of the shoddiest bunch of crap I've ever seen.

For example, I'd ordered 4 nano caches, the were in plastic containers with extra logs, they didn't thread well and paint was chipping off them, then in a little baggie there were two more (so 5 total), one silver, one black, the silver beat to hell, both much smaller than the other 3, both with super-weak magnets, and both with poorly done logs in them.

The whole order was like that. The bison tubes I'd ordered were huge, and not at all what the site showed or what I'd want to use for making a cache with (although the free one they threw in with the order was the right size, another consistency issue), and a fake rock that looked really great on their site was poorly made, had human hair stuck all into the last coat of whatever they sprayed it with, and a base that wasn't a plug, but a slider screwed on that didn't fit correctly, and was cracked. It'll be a couple of weeks of being a high traffic cache before that flap breaks off. Looks like I'll jury-rig it with some velcro or something.

Anyway, the end result is these guys suck hard in oder fulfillment time, customer communication, and product quality. I'll never use them again.

Arlo

Well, finally received my order from them today and got a box of the shoddiest bunch of crap I've ever seen.

For example, I'd ordered 4 nano caches, the were in plastic containers with extra logs, they didn't thread well and paint was chipping off them, then in a little baggie there were two more (so 5 total), one silver, one black, the silver beat to hell, both much smaller than the other 3, both with super-weak magnets, and both with poorly done logs in them.

The whole order was like that. The bison tubes I'd ordered were huge, and not at all what the site showed or what I'd want to use for making a cache with (although the free one they threw in with the order was the right size, another consistency issue), and a fake rock that looked really great on their site was poorly made, had human hair stuck all into the last coat of whatever they sprayed it with, and a base that wasn't a plug, but a slider screwed on that didn't fit correctly, and was cracked. It'll be a couple of weeks of being a high traffic cache before that flap breaks off. Looks like I'll jury-rig it with some velcro or something.

Anyway, the end result is these guys suck hard in oder fulfillment time, customer communication, and product quality. I'll never use them again.

Arlo

Hey now, give them some slack. Do you know how hard it is to go out in the field and swipe a bunch of cache containers that are perfect and matching?

Just kidding. Really, just kidding!!