New cache published notification emails

Chaotica_UK

For the last few months Ive noticed that Im not getting notification emails for some caches published in my local area or some visited caches on my watchlist. Ive checked the settings in my profile numerous times and just put it down to me deleting a notification before I have realised what it is. However today I have found a cache very close to my home that was published yesterday without a notification email being received.

Groundspeak - Is there an ongoing problem with the email notification facility?

I guess this is a good a place as any to jump in.

I have the opposite of the original problem... I still get email notifications about everything involving a cache that has been deleted from my watchlist. I tried putting the cache on the ignore list and putting it back on the watchlist so I could remove it again.. No dice. Help

But I would be more upset by the original issue...

I use yahoo if that matters

EMT

Thanks

My ISP is Sky.

Its worth mentioning that from conversations with my friends Im not aware of any other emails from other sources going missing. Of course its difficult to tell until somebody asks yo why you have not replied to an email or you see a reply from somebody further down an email thread and realise you never got the original. This happened to me before Sky went to Gmail but not since.

I actually dont use the sky email service, I use 1and1 internet email services and my junk folders are empty because I don't get spam.

I'll keep on watching and see if I get another example.

On the subject of watchlists, I dont have a problem with receiving emails from those tat have been removed from the list but when I was deleting a few out of my watchlist last weekend i was getting an error message on some saying they had already been deleted which was interesting...thought they might be my oldest ones that had corrupted or something (recently my premium membership elapsed fo a month or so) but its turned our to be fairly random, some deleted no problems, whilst some had the error message.

Certainly the watchlist is a page that is long overdue an overhaul.

Thanks to both of you for replying.

Mark

My ISP is Sky.

Its worth mentioning that from conversations with my friends Im not aware of any other emails from other sources going missing. Of course its difficult to tell until somebody asks yo why you have not replied to an email or you see a reply from somebody further down an email thread and realise you never got the original. This happened to me before Sky went to Gmail but not since.

I actually dont use the sky email service, I use 1and1 internet email services and my junk folders are empty because I don't get spam.

I'll keep on watching and see if I get another example.

On the subject of watchlists, I dont have a problem with receiving emails from those tat have been removed from the list but when I was deleting a few out of my watchlist last weekend i was getting an error message on some saying they had already been deleted which was interesting...thought they might be my oldest ones that had corrupted or something (recently my premium membership elapsed fo a month or so) but its turned our to be fairly random, some deleted no problems, whilst some had the error message.

Certainly the watchlist is a page that is long overdue an overhaul.

Thanks to both of you for replying.

Mark

Sky don't exactly have their own e-mail service, thy use the gmail servers to carry it.

As it it is gmail it shouldnt be a problem and all my geocacing.com e-mail get routed from my own domain to one of my Sky e-mail accounts on imap. I find that none of my GC e-mail gets stuck in sky/ gmails servers and lands in my inbox.

Edit to add qoute so as not to confuse pepole.

Edited by Hampshire_Hog