Young Geocachers Unite!

I'm 21 (almost 22) and it seems that not many people in my town and age-group seem to know about caching or make an effort to try it.

Who else is my age and caching? :D

Mitsuko seems to be in your age group :anicute:

Very interesting web site link on your profile page, by the way.

Edited by knowschad

I'm 20 and have been caching for a lil over a year now (started when I was 19). I was actually introduced to geocaching by a few people I go to college/work with, that are also all under 25. You might find more cachers the further north you get. There are a bunch of us here, and will be many more during GeoWoodstock VIII!

my daughter is at school at present but she is a cacher in her own right (she caches under her own name :D ) and she is only 11 years old. in fact she would think somebody of about 20 as old :( (at over 40 I'm a relic :( ) I know of several young cachers in this area and they are all under the age of 16 and cache under their own names :) .

I'm 21 (almost 22) and it seems that not many people in my town and age-group seem to know about caching or make an effort to try it.

Who else is my age and caching? :(

Mitsuko seems to be in your age group :)

That's cool! I'm going to have to introduce myself to that person! :D

and about my personal page link... :(

that's juss who i be!

haha

I'm a stand alone cacher from my Dad, as I do a lot of caching alone with my friend r.corcoran. We're both 15.

Wow! That's very cool to know that there are more of us youngsters out there caching!

I think that people of our age-group don't cache because it means getting away from the computer and actually doing something :(

I'm 21 and have been caching for a good month now, but I'm completely addicted :(

That sounds like me!

I've been caching for like two months or so, and i'm already buying travel bug dog tags for my own caches!

I love this sport/game, and I think if people actually got motivated to do get into it, they'd be shocked at how much fun they'd have, and they'd be happy they could do something entertaining while getting healthier.

I'm twenty-three and have been at this for nearly a year (actually, the 28th is my first full year date).

There's a few other cachers around where I live that are 25 or younger. One was the person who got me into the game but I don't think he does this anymore. At least, the last time I checked, he hadn't logged into his account since last June. The others I haven't met. I actually emailed one of said people to see if he wanted to team up to find a cache in our town we had both not been able to find. He never replied though.

Who else is my age and caching? :(

That's cool! I'm going to have to introduce myself to that person! :Dand about my personal page link... :(

that's juss who i be!

haha

Actually, sorry, but the Mitsuko bit was just a joke (and a bad one). "She" was a very (in)famous "sock puppet" here back in 2002 (before my time here). Some of those that have been around longer than I can fill you in on the whole story. I must admit that my initial response to your post was that you were the same sort of deal.

Your Meadow Lark hide, by the way, looks like it takes people to a very pretty area! I'd do it if I were out your way.

Edited by knowschad
Actually, sorry, but the Mitsuko bit was just a joke (and a bad one).

I didn't think the OP was a sock puppet account - if so, a lot of effort has gone into creating it. But thanks for that little bit of geocaching history trivia. The only famous one I know about is the ringbone incident.

If I split my age among my various personalities I may fall into the age group.

Who else is my age and caching? :)

That's cool! I'm going to have to introduce myself to that person! :)and about my personal page link... :(

that's juss who i be!

haha

Actually, sorry, but the Mitsuko bit was just a joke (and a bad one). "She" was a very (in)famous "sock puppet" here back in 2002 (before my time here). Some of those that have been around longer than I can fill you in on the whole story. I must admit that my initial response to your post was that you were the same sort of deal.

Your Meadow Lark hide, by the way, looks like it takes people to a very pretty area! I'd do it if I were out your way.

:( i haven't been here long enough to know about the infamous sock puppet personalities that roam around but that is a funny story. no, i'm not a sock puppet :D

And the main reason i placed the meadowlark cache in that location is the beauty of the area and the hsitoric value.

I am currently planning on hiking and camping on San Gorgonio mountain in the near future with my family, and as a prerequisite hike to determine the terrain we hiked as far as we could and we passed the meadow twice. Horse Meadow had really drawn us in, so we decided that it would be a great idea to place a cache here so that other people could enjoy the tranquility as much as we did. So thanks for the compliment :D

I'm turning thirteen tomorrow. I have a geocaching buddy named Super Pig who accompanys me on most adventures. Hes also thirteen, but he scarcely logs the cahces he finds with me.

Local cachers always seem a little surprised when they meet me, but i guess thats just how it goes.

I've been geocaching since Februar, 2006. There was a one year period where i just didn't cache, so really i've only been caching for about 2 and a half years.

Edited by iwikepie

I turned 21 about a month ago, and have been caching since I was 18. I learned about it from a college teacher I had, and I went and found my first cache out of sheer curiosity, even though I didn't have a GPS. I don't know any cachers my age or younger, although there are a few in the area. Caching is now my mom's and my favorite hobby, although my brother can't stand it! :D

I just turned 13 but have been caching since 2001. I took over my dads account, but even with my own name, I don't cache nearly as much as I'd like to (only about 15 finds I think!) but now that one of my school friends (penguins4ever) has gotten into geocaching, we try to do more. I'm going to bring my GPS up to camp this year though, so I'm hoping that I can get some camp people interested. My camp does a lot of hiking, so I think they'll like this.

I'm 20 and have been caching since I was 16. One of my good friends got me into it (he was 16 as well) and we've gone on a few caching trips together. I introduced one of my other buddies to it and he enjoys it, but not enough to buy his own GPS so he usually just tags along whenever I go :)

Edited by tsunami_KNUW

I haven't met a geocacher younger than myself (unless you count geocacher offspring, and I don't). The next youngest cachers I know are 29 or 30. Kinda sad.

why not count the offspring. surely they will turn into the independent young geocachers of the future. remember this game is only 9 years old. plenty of time to grow new cachers.

btw i'm 28.....still young

why not count the offspring

Because they're non-autonomous. In my head that makes them tag-along cachers. Are they geocachers? Well, I'm sure I'd upset a lot of people (especially the children in question) if i said they weren't, and I won't. In any case, I was referring to independent cachers, as I believe the thread topic intended.

Besides, all but 1 of them seems to be in the "under 7" category.

I'm turning thirteen tomorrow. I have a geocaching buddy named Super Pig who accompanys me on most adventures. Hes also thirteen, but he scarcely logs the cahces he finds with me.

Local cachers always seem a little surprised when they meet me, but i guess thats just how it goes.

I've been geocaching since Februar, 2006. There was a one year period where i just didn't cache, so really i've only been caching for about 2 and a half years.

I turned 14 a little over a month ago. I have been caching since July, 07' I also have hidden 19 which is about the most anyone in my town has hidden. Everyone is amazed to meet me at events. Many people are surprised since I have great typing as they say...

I haven't met a geocacher younger than myself (unless you count geocacher offspring, and I don't). The next youngest cachers I know are 29 or 30. Kinda sad.

NOW IM EXTREAMLY HURT ANIYN... haha Im a geocacher in his area and I'm not 29 lol!! Im 27, but I totally agree, it seems that not many younger people know about Geocaching. I try to tell all my friends about it but most of them seem so uninterested, like going out in the bush is TOO MUCH WORK for them. Its sucky! I wish there were more younger cachers, it would make events a whole lot more fun. Someone mentioned Geowoodstock... I am heading to it next year so I hope to see a lot of younger people.

NOW IM EXTREAMLY HURT ANIYN... haha Im a geocacher in his area and I'm not 29 lol!! Im 27, but I totally agree, it seems that not many younger people know about Geocaching. I try to tell all my friends about it but most of them seem so uninterested, like going out in the bush is TOO MUCH WORK for them. Its sucky! I wish there were more younger cachers, it would make events a whole lot more fun. Someone mentioned Geowoodstock... I am heading to it next year so I hope to see a lot of younger people.

Ya, I didn't have all that much fun at my first event, since I didn't know anyone and most of them seemed around my dad's age or older. I'll have to admit, they know how to party though - I didn't expect the retired couples to bust out the jello-shooters :)

I just turned 24 today and have been caching for a month now. I even got some travel bug tags for my birthday. I'm hoping for my first cache to be published any day now. There doesn't seem to be many young cachers around here either. I haven't been to an event yet, seems a little intimidating.

Glad to see so many young people! :D