Garmin nuvi 760

Looking to purchase a Garmin Nuvi 760 and wanted to know if anyone using it has any opinions good or bad on this unit.

I have had one for about 4 months. Seems to get use where we want to go. Some times like all GPS if you know where you are at it will take you the long way around. Everyone that I have had dose this sometimes. When I first got it I was in FL and it took us around a back up on I-4. Since I'm not in an area that has this service I did'nt sign up for it.

I have used the 760 since it came to the marked.

It its one of the best Nüvi you can get. Lots of function and you can use it to caching with the Nüvi macro.

I would say that it's better then nearly all the Nüvi that has been released later, 800 series 1200, 1300, 1400 etc. Garmin seems to be removing function and have to little CPU in their new GPS.

Not that it is perfect, but one of best in it's class.

I have one more question about this unit as I will be using it to do no more than route me from cache to cache and let the oregon find the acctual cache. These units state that you can plan a route and the Garmin will give you the most efficent route from point to point. Can I set up a route of geocaches and it tell me the best route to get to cache to cache?

Yes, it will try to determine the most efficient route. It's the old famous "travelling salesman problem" revisited.

It doesn't come up with the best route every time, but the good thing is that you can inspect the route it did come up with on a map and then move individual waypoints along the route into a different order, if you think you know better than the 760.