Getting ready to send out our first TB

dad-and-ash

We're getting ready to send out our first TB, but are having some problems writing a goal. We'd like to get some opinions to what we have so far or suggestions on what to change. Here's what we have so far:

Current GOAL: I want to travel around the World, and make stops in as many cities, states and countries as possible along the way! While on my journey, I would love to go to some special places also and be photographed there. Those places are Kitty Hawk (the birthplace of aviation), the Boeing factory in Washington, the new stadium of the New York Jets, Buckingham Palace in honor of the song "Bennie and the JETS", the Sidney Opera House in Australia, and any other interesting places I may vist. After touring the world for the next 10 years or so, I would like to end up back in Wisconsin to live out my days making short commuter flights around the state.

Our TB is a small metal toy plane. Thanks for the opinions, in adavace.

I never knew there was a connection between Buckingham Palace and the song Bennie and the Jets. Can you tell me how they're connected?

Good TB goal, BTW.

In 2002 there was a "Party at the Palace: The Queen's Concerts, Buckingham Palace, which had Sir Elton John as one of the performers singing for the Queen's Jubilee for 12,000 selected guests. I think that might be it, anyway.

Edited by Eartha

We're getting ready to send out our first TB, but are having some problems writing a goal. We'd like to get some opinions to what we have so far or suggestions on what to change. Here's what we have so far:

Current GOAL: I want to travel around the World, and make stops in as many cities, states and countries as possible along the way! While on my journey, I would love to go to some special places also and be photographed there. Those places are Kitty Hawk (the birthplace of aviation), the Boeing factory in Washington, the new stadium of the New York Jets, Buckingham Palace in honor of the song "Bennie and the JETS", the Sidney Opera House in Australia, and any other interesting places I may vist. After touring the world for the next 10 years or so, I would like to end up back in Wisconsin to live out my days making short commuter flights around the state.

Now my wife and daughter have changed the mission for our small airplane. Everything needs to be re-written again. At the rate that they keep changing thier minds, this plane will never see take-off. Thanks to all those replied. I have a question about a Tb that we found recently, but will post that seperately. Thanks!

Edited by geo-anita-ashley

I never knew there was a connection between Buckingham Palace and the song Bennie and the Jets. Can you tell me how they're connected?

Good TB goal, BTW.

In 2002 there was a "Party at the Palace: The Queen's Concerts, Buckingham Palace, which had Sir Elton John as one of the performers singing for the Queen's Jubilee for 12,000 selected guests. I think that might be it, anyway.

Rather off topic but as a brit I thougt it was that was a brill concet and I have it on DVD - it was for the Queens jubile whos full outlandish titles accross the comenwealth can be found here if your intrested.

Did the jubile and the concerts make it big in other countrys as well, out of intrest?

On Topic: you have said "After touring the world for the next 10 years or so" which I personaly think might prelong the journy from goal to goal as finders might not be concearnd with time posibly increasing the liklyhood of your TB missing 1 or more goals

I would just take out that sentance and say something like "after I have achived thse goals I would like to end up back in Wisconsin" just my 2 pence worth.

Eitherway Ithink it makes and exelent TB and what I have said is just a minor point and my own personal opinion which indeed might be wrong.

One last thing when you send out yor TB please attach a laminated info sheet (like the one provided on the TB's home page via the menue.) So that when pepole pick it up they know what it's goals are and wheather they can help it or not.

Without an info sheet you might find that pepole will pick up your TB and only realise that they will take it in the wrong direction when they get home and log it online and read the goal. Attached TB info sheets are so important in that respect.

Edit: added a letter here and took one there.

Edited by Hampshire_Hog

Now my wife and daughter have changed the mission for our small airplane. Everything needs to be re-written again. At the rate that they keep changing thier minds, this plane will never see take-off. Thanks to all those replied. I have a question about a Tb that we found recently, but will post that seperately. Thanks!

Sorry you must have been typing at the same time as me.

Good TB goal, BTW.

Rather off topic but as a brit I thougt it was that was a brill concet and I have it on DVD - it was for the Queens jubile whos full outlandish titles accross the comenwealth can be found here if your intrested.

Did the jubile and the concerts make it big in other countrys as well, out of intrest?

On Topic: you have said "After touring the world for the next 10 years or so" which I personaly think might prelong the journy from goal to goal as finders might not be concearnd with time posibly increasing the liklyhood of your TB missing 1 or more goals

I would just take out that sentance and say something like "after I have achived thse goals I would like to end up back in Wisconsin" just my 2 pence worth.

Eitherway Ithink it makes and exelent TB and what I have said is just a minor point and my own personal opinion which indeed might be wrong.

One last thing when you send out yor TB please attach a laminated info sheet (like the one provided on the TB's home page via the menue.) So that when pepole pick it up they know what it's goals are and wheather they can help it or not.

Without an info sheet you might find that pepole will pick up your TB and only realise that they will take it in the wrong direction when they get home and log it online and read the goal. Attached TB info sheets are so important in that respect.

Thank you so much!!! Your type of reply is what we we're looking for. It sealed the deal for us. The info sheet is ready to be printed, I just need to go back and make some changes. Then I take it to work, print it out, laminate it to keep water out, and away we go. Thanks again to both you and the other reply that mentioned the Queen's Concerts. It's the perfect tie-in. Our 8 year old daughter has a fascination with Buckingham Palace and we wanted to somehow include it in. You bring up a valid point with the time thing also, we never thought of that. Thank you so much again!

Good TB goal, BTW.

Thank you so much!!! Your type of reply is what we we're looking for. It sealed the deal for us. The info sheet is ready to be printed, I just need to go back and make some changes. Then I take it to work, print it out, laminate it to keep water out, and away we go. Thanks again to both you and the other reply that mentioned the Queen's Concerts. It's the perfect tie-in. Our 8 year old daughter has a fascination with Buckingham Palace and we wanted to somehow include it in. You bring up a valid point with the time thing also, we never thought of that. Thank you so much again!

I hope to see it over this side of the great pond very soon.

I wish it much luck on its undoubtedly interesting journey

Thanks to everyone that replied! Your suggestions really helped us out alot! We have simplified our goal and plan on sending our 1st TB out into the world this weekend to begin it's journey. We are so new and "green" to doing this, it's nice to know we have fellow geocachers to help us along. Someday down the road, we'll hopefully be able to help "newbies" and repay it back. Thanks again!