Vehicle Travel Bug

ColonelScuba

Hi Scuba,

today I put a TB on my vehicle as well :-)

I guess, that the other geocachers just can "discover" it. They have to write down the number below your TB sign and than they have to log it on geocache.com as discoverd.

Just go to http://www.geocaching.com/track/ and type your number at the field "Enter the Tracking Number of the Item:". On the right site you can now see "Found this item? Log it". That must be the way to discover your car.

I hope this works like this.

I wrote down in my description, that I would like to prefer the date (and time) and the place where my car was discoverd and, once more, if its possible I would like to have a photo of it (with or without the cacher).

Any other idears?

Rob

Any suggestions on how to log the mileage yourself? Is that even an option?

I just drove from San Diego to Mingo and back geocaching the whole trip. The

car has the TB stickers and was spotted once (but they haven't reported where yet).

Edited by fsafranek

I would do it this way:

If you found a cache, log your own TB and drop it in the cache.

At next step take your own TB again as "grap it".

If you will do this on each cache you will get the milage you are traveling.

Understood?

I would do it this way:

Understood?

I checked the options and apparently as the owner all you can do is "Discover" it which doesn't seem to add any milage, or write a note. That's a bummer. I just drove is nearly 3000 miles from San Diego to Mingo Kansas (GC30) and back geocaching all the way.

Edited by fsafranek

I would do it this way:

Understood?

I checked the options and apparently as the owner all you can do is "Discover" it which doesn't seem to add any milage, or write a note. That's a bummer. I just drove is nearly 3000 miles from San Diego to Mingo Kansas (GC30) and back geocaching all the way.

Oh, you are right. Tomorrow I'm on a cache event and I will ask some guys there how they do it.

I would sure like to get a definant answer to these questions, as I too just bought a vehical TB and Signal the FRog for the antenna.

Happy Geoing!

I emailed these folks and asked how they've been able to log their milage. They basically drop the bug in when they log a cache and then go to the bug page and retrieve it. That logs the milage. Have a look at the logs for their bug and you can see how they did it. They don't drop it in every cache but often enough to track their travels.

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=561717

Edited by fsafranek

We wonder what we do with the dog tags that came with our vehicle stickers.

Are we supposed to actually use them or perhaps keep them? Then when we get tired of logging and retrieving our own TB for mileage, then use them for something else?

Chyron

We wonder what we do with the dog tags that came with our vehicle stickers.

Are we supposed to actually use them or perhaps keep them? Then when we get tired of logging and retrieving our own TB for mileage, then use them for something else?

Chyron

You don't release another bug with the same number so just throw them in a drawer for now. If you decide not to use your car TB anymore you can use the tags to re-release it as a standard traveling bug.

You don't release another bug with the same number so just throw them in a drawer for now. If you decide not to use your car TB anymore you can use the tags to re-release it as a standard traveling bug.

Find a little dicast model of your car for when that day comes. Send it off for real. :)

I don't have a car TB, any I have only ever seen one, but, I do have a suggestion of those who do have car TB please do not drive in excess of 80 miles per hour..... I tried my damndest to keep up and when I got back to the site it had either not been registered or I was unable to see/write correctly at that speed.

I don't have a car TB, any I have only ever seen one, but, I do have a suggestion of those who do have car TB please do not drive in excess of 80 miles per hour..... I tried my damndest to keep up and when I got back to the site it had either not been registered or I was unable to see/write correctly at that speed.

Check to see if there were any nearby FTF logs. That's probably the guy you were trying to catch.