Looking for AWESOME Caches in Washington State! Help!

ricko19

My FAVORITE part of Geocaching is visiting places I never would have without it!

A few weeks ago we ended up at an old abandon mill near Darrington. It was great! My 5 yr old son thought it was the coolest!

I'm wondering if any fellow Washingtonians can share some of the cool spots they've ended up via Caching. It's shaping up to be a busy summer full of hunts and I'd love to have some places to look forward to.

We are heading to Port Townsened on Thursday for a 26 cache run.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Rick

A few weeks ago we ended up at an old abandon mill near Darrington. It was great! My 5 yr old son thought it was the coolest!

We found that one too :laughing:

Fortson Mill Ponds GCV5PC

We were the family that logged it right before you did.

We did this one on a trip around the mountain loop one Sunday, and I agree I think it was one of our favorites from that day. It was just a pretty location, and our kids also loved the old mill buildings.

We are still new at this, but some of our favorites so far:

GC35E - This is one of the oldest in Edmonds, and was a fun park to walk through that I didn't have any idea it existed

GC145Y5 - This one is likely more overgrown right now, and there were nettles on the path, but another pretty location, especially the parking area for the park.

GCV55P - This is another one on the mountain loop, and it was a pretty walk out, with nice ponds and not too difficult for little kids. The fishflake Cheesecake cache is also nearby, and that was a fun park and grab.

GCPVVF - Was a very fun small mult-step cache which our kids loved. Both stages were very well camouflaged.

Finally I have to recommend our Cache. We tried very hard to make it as fun as any we have seen locally. It has a nice hike, would be good for a 5 year old, pretty location, and we like it:

Bunyip Woods: GC1T4DE. There is another one you can do in the same forest while there.

I look forward to seeing other people's replies though. We are only new to this, so our selection options for good caches is smaller than most.

We are heading to Port Townsened on Thursday for a 26 cache run.

I thought I would point out one cache that is on the Northwest Classics bookmark list that Hydnsek already mentioned, you are going to be very close to it on Thursday. Trollville, I think it would be one your 5 year old would enjoy. My oldest was about that age when we visited a few years ago.