Where would you gpo!

:laughing: Basically, the server locked-up and ate the post.

IF you could travel anywhere in the "48" states & any city, Geocaching, where would you GO? I am making a "Bucket List". :lol:

I posted a similar question awhile back when my wife offered to let me have her frequent flyer miles for a weekend geocaching getaway (that offer was rescinded after she looked over her honey-do list). A few common responses were the Seattle area, Las Vegas, Nashville (which was high on my list of possibilities), and Birmingham, Al.

IF you could travel anywhere in the "48" states & any city, Geocaching, where would you GO? I am making a "Bucket List". :laughing:

I'm not sure what a "Bucket List" is. Definition?

But to answer the question, I'm finding that certain cachers are quietly persuasive about their areas, making me long to go places I'd never even considered. So here's my list:

I long to go to Antelope Valley and experience some of Kit Fox's adventures. They draw me, though I fear I would have severe altitude sickness as I always do in the Colorado Rockies.

New Jersey. I've found Briansnat persuasive about that state and it was certainly one that I never considered appealing before him. But he makes it sound beautiful and peaceful. I am not even sure how he does this since I can't point to a single post he's made about the advantages of New Jersey over all other states.

Clan Riffster has made the Florida swamps sound like an adventure in Paradise and I've started quietly dropping hints to my beloved. "You know, our swamps are beautiful, but I have it on good authority that they are nothing compared to Florida's swamps. Wouldn't it be divine? Er, once we have snake boots." I've learned though that saying, "Wouldn't it be wonderful to be nipple deep in a Florida swamp?" is not a selling point. :lol:

And finally, top of my list of places I never would have considered before, I absolutely long to go to Oklahoma and visit the Get Smart series of caches. I have even started a list of props that we will need for the photographic moments. (I've stopped dropping the veiled hints and started pointing out the advantages of a trip to Oklahoma to my beloved sooner rather than later.)

Carolyn

IF you could travel anywhere in the "48" states & any city, Geocaching, where would you GO? I am making a "Bucket List". :laughing:

It's coined from the movie 'Bucket List'. It refers to a list of things you want to do before you "kick the bucket." :lol:

IF you could travel anywhere in the "48" states & any city, Geocaching, where would you GO? I am making a "Bucket List". :lol:

It's coined from the movie 'Bucket List'. It refers to a list of things you want to do before you "kick the bucket." :)

:laughing: That is correct! I have watched the movie 3-times, since finding out May 1, that I have Bladder Cancer. The tumor was removed May 4 (T1 High Grade). I am having "BCG" treatments now (randomly over 2-years). Round "1" is over at the end of this month. So the 2nd week of July, I am taking a week, from work, to travel and Geocache.

Bladder Cancer is NOTORIOUS for coming BACK (I'll have to have a Cystoscopic-exam every 3-months for at least 2-years) .

Now, I may live to be 700-years old (I am 62 now), but I am taking no chances w/this Baldder Cancer, so I am taking advantage of whatever time I have left, and am making a "Bucket List" (if you have not seen the movie, allow me to recommend it).

I am going to live like I am dying! So the 2nd week of July (plant shut-down) I am taking off to GEOCACHE. I live in Central Virginia and am thinking of driving to KEY WEST for CACHING :o

Anyone out there Cached in the Key West area?

IF you could travel anywhere in the "48" states & any city, Geocaching, where would you GO? I am making a "Bucket List". :anicute:

It's coined from the movie 'Bucket List'. It refers to a list of things you want to do before you "kick the bucket." :D

:D That is correct! I have watched the movie 3-times, since finding out May 1, that I have Bladder Cancer. The tumor was removed May 4 (T1 High Grade). I am having "BCG" treatments now (randomly over 2-years). Round "1" is over at the end of this month. So the 2nd week of July, I am taking a week, from work, to travel and Geocache.

Bladder Cancer is NOTORIOUS for coming BACK (I'll have to have a Cystoscopic-exam every 3-months for at least 2-years) .

Now, I may live to be 700-years old (I am 62 now), but I am taking no chances w/this Baldder Cancer, so I am taking advantage of whatever time I have left, and am making a "Bucket List" (if you have not seen the movie, allow me to recommend it).

I am going to live like I am dying! So the 2nd week of July (plant shut-down) I am taking off to GEOCACHE. I live in Central Virginia and am thinking of driving to KEY WEST for CACHING :)

Anyone out there Cached in the Key West area?

Thank you both for the definition. That makes sense. And shouldn't we always lived immersed in the moment, drinking in experience as if we would die tomorrow? It sounds like a worthy quest.

My beloved added New Mexico to our list because it is, without much question in our minds, the most beautiful state in the country.

Edited by Steve&GeoCarolyn

Well, I'd recomend Oregon to anyone for cacheing, from Portland you are within easy drive of the beach, high desert, the Columbia River Gorge, Big mountains and even an active volcano (techicly in Washington).

For me, getting back to Ohio where I grew up is a big deal, cache the Erie Canal

Why one state?

If you can do it, why not aim to cache every state in the continental 48?

It gives you something to KEEP working for..

And here's an idea: Make a personal TB that stays on you, mark it in all the caches you reach, and if it ever reaches a point that you can no longer cache, either release the TB or give instructions to release it if you're unable to. So your legacy can continue tying to reach caches all over the world, even if you no longer can.

I hope that next summer I will be able to go back to Michigan for a visit and when I do...I will be heading to Mackinaw Island. There are no vehicles on the isle, besides emergency type vehicles. The Island has about 85 caches and the only way to get to them all is either, walk, bike, or ride a horse. I can't wait to go!

Here is the center cache on the Island #GC1J06G

So I guess it really is about what you want out of caching?

Do you want to go for numbers? Then i'd suggest Spokane WA. They seem to have one every 500ft.

Going for beauty? HIkes? To see new incredible places?

Then I recommend caching in the islands in the Puget Sound off of Seattle. I've just begun discovering them. There are incredible places and experiences to be had.

This is one of my logs from a recent trip to one of these islands.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LU...10-49d50643515a

There are Ferries to many of them that your car can drive onto. Some islands have islands off of them which have caches. you have to rent kayaks to get to those.

Speakign of water caches, there are also tons of lake caches in this area too. There are more than I can count within 10 miles. Small boat caches are my favorite of all caches. Takes half the day to get one cache and you are left with an incredible experience. Once we sat in the middle of a lake for two hours, eating lunch and watching a bald eagle feed its young. It was active the whole time, diving into the lake.

So many places to hike and cache here. I haven't even gotten the tip of the iceberg.

We've also got the famed Ape cache from the planet of the apes movies.

my Partner recently said, "so people come frmo all over the country for that cache?" I said "no. they come from all over the WORLD for it. "

I gotta agree with Sol seaker, Washington is pretty amazing. The environment around here is very diverse, offering multiple kinds of caching experiences. We have the mountains, volcanoes, woodlands, cities, lakes, islands, the Pacific Coast and even deserts (the whole eastern half of the state is a desert) and rainforest. Not to mention we have the Ape Cache, Groundspeak HQ in Seattle, and the first cache monument is not too far away in Oregon. Washington has got it all (in my opinion at least) :(

But if I had the chance to, I would take a road trip to Arizona and Southern Utah. I've always wanted to explore/cache in that area since it's pretty much the only part of the lower 48 that I haven't been to really.

Edited by tsunami_KNUW

Cherokee Bill, I hope everything works out for you. I think your attitude is a good one. Something happened in my life happened a couple years ago, and made me come up with the tagline in my signature.

There are so many places I'd like to visit. The deserts of Arizona, the mountains of Salt Lake City and the Black Hills of South Dakota have always been spots I'd like to see and experience.

You mentioned Key West. I've never cached there but have in other places in FL and have always enjoyed visiting. I think Key West would be fun to visit, the water is beautiful my wife says. It's relaxing and laid back, but it's not super secluded like being on a deserted Caribbean island.

So when are we going? :(