Zip Code Search

wigoweb

We are planning a trip to the northern part of our state and did a zip code search for several communities. Most worked just find. When we searched for 08530, all of the results were for Glendale, Arizona. Since we live in NJ where the 08 prefix for zip codes also resides, we wonder what happened for this zip code.

By the way, I tried searching for the term zip code search and received the message that at least one of my search terms was less than four characters long. Why do we have to have four characters in our search terms. Zip is probably not the only three letter word that visitors to the forums might want to search. Seems like an arbitrary restriction to me.

So, if the zip code search topic has already been explained somewhere, the restrictions on the length of my search term prevent me from finding it. I doubt that postal code search would yield any results, but I admit I just thought of that and did not try it.

I will try it after I post this comment.

A search for postal code did turn up comments and questions about zip code problems.

My problem seems to be one that other folks have encountered with other zip codes.

I guess as long as I can come up with a four letter synonym or near synonym for my three letter-word searches, that four letter or longer restriction on search terms won't be a problem. I still think we should have the ability to search for words that are only three letters long, though.

We are planning a trip to the northern part of our state and did a zip code search for several communities. Most worked just find. When we searched for 08530, all of the results were for Glendale, Arizona.

08530 shows as Arizona in Google maps, but everything else is showing it as part of NJ.

Blame Google. :laughing: