Post-mega event trip

chizu

HI all - after the Mega in Weston we're going to hire a car and drive down to Cornwall for a few days. We don't really know the area but we know we want to go to the Eden project and be in a fairly good location for driving around the county, and also do a few caches while we're down there!

What area of Cornwall would be the best to stay in? Does anyone have any recommendations for accommodation etc.?

West Cornwall is where I was brought up and we'll be down there next week on one of our regular sorties to the south west.

Some of the nicest scenery (yes, I may be a bit biased) is down on the far SW tip, so with a couple of days in Penzance you could meander through Mousehole, Lamorna, Porthcurno, Land's End (it'll be packed, but I guess you might want to do it, just to say you've been there :D ) St. Ives... If the B&B we've booked turns out to be good then I'll recommend it to you later. :D If you decide to go to this area then I'll give you more details and a few specific cache suggestions via email.

I don't know what the caches are like in central and eastern parts of the county, but we've done a few good ones near Wadebridge.

You might like to look at Birdman-of-Liskatraz's bookmark list of caches for east Cornwall:

Birdman Recommendations,

MrsB :D

Agree with MrsB that the west of Cornwall is lovely. We were there last September and camped near Marazion. What sort of accomodation are you after? The campsite we used was fab and I'd definately recommend it, but then canvas might not be your thing!

We don't mind camping (we camped for last year's mega) but I think for Cornwall we're looking at B&B type lodgings.

Though I won't be at the Mega Event - I'm more than happy to be a Cornish contact should you need one... I'm in Liskeard in East Cornwall. West Cornwall is dramatic, but the Rame Penisula is often ignored and rather nice I think.

Anyway, give me a shout if I can be of any help.

Steve/Birdie

Though I won't be at the Mega Event -

Really sorry to go off topic, but I thought you were in the driving seat for the mega event?? :laughing:

That would be correct - I instigated the Mega Event in the South West - I am however no longer involved. The team in place are far better than I at organising events and I'm sure this will be a great day for everyone attending. Hurt and embarrassed as I maybe, at this stage I will not elaborate further as to the reasons for my departure. Please let the matter drop.

Though I won't be at the Mega Event -

Really sorry to go off topic, but I thought you were in the driving seat for the mega event?? :D

That would be correct - I instigated the Mega Event in the South West - I am however no longer involved. The team in place are far better than I at organising events and I'm sure this will be a great day for everyone attending. Hurt and embarrassed as I maybe, at this stage I will not elaborate further as to the reasons for my departure. Please let the matter drop.

I am genuinely sorry to hear that you are no longer involved. :anicute: I am more than happy to let the matter drop, as I am after all sailing in the same boat! :) Like yourself, I want to see next years mega event be as successful as its predecessors.