EarthCache Masters

geoaware

I am glad to see that. I'll be interested to see what the new items are. Tatoos?

I'm still waiting to see what the levels beyond Platnum will be.

TerryDad2, don't hold your breath! I asked the same thing a while back and one of our fine contributors responded, that "it will happen when it happens." I am with you. Will it happen and when will it happen and what will happen......................if anything will happen? Happen face! ---------> :mad:

This should be fine - we are all used to geological time here on this forum :drama::D

I am glad to see that. I'll be interested to see what the new items are. Tatoos?

I'm still waiting to see what the levels beyond Platnum will be.

TerryDad2, don't hold your breath! I asked the same thing a while back and one of our fine contributors responded, that "it will happen when it happens." I am with you. Will it happen and when will it happen and what will happen......................if anything will happen? Happen face! ---------> :)

This should be fine - we are all used to geological time here on this forum :P:D

OK, I get it! I'll go back to watching sedimentary rock form! :P

As part of the wind back of the handing out of physical pins, we are sad to announce that from 15 September 2009 we will no longer be sending out Gold pins to EarthCache Masters recipients. Platinum pins will continue to be sent out indefinitely.

EarthCache Masters coins - one for each level - will be on sale in the EarthCache.org store by the end of September.

Again we thank you all for supporting EC Masters and EarthCaching.

Regards

Geoaware

Doh! I received my bronze pin quite awhile ago, but was holding off on submitting for the next three levels until I developed my third earthcache with the intent of saving on postage and handling.

My family and I would be willing to pay the cost of pins and shipping in the future. A geocacher could apply for a level(s) and once the application is approved, you could send a PayPal invoice for the pin(s). Once the invoice is paid, the shipping label can be automatically printed and away goes the package.

I need to get 1 more for Gold.

Glad I'm close enough to make it.

Did creep up quickly.

Careful though, we did that for Bronze and Silver, as soon as we saw it was being discontinued, we sent in the info on July 23rd, but still didn't get the pins. (Much to my sons disappointment). (Did get the email which doesn't look the same on his pin collection :P )

I have been searching for the bronze level icon to add to my profile. I completed this level a few months ago and have already received a pin for it. Thank you very much for that - I would have considered paying for it also. Where can I find the icon now, to add to my profile?

I have been searching for the bronze level icon to add to my profile. I completed this level a few months ago and have already received a pin for it. Thank you very much for that - I would have considered paying for it also. Where can I find the icon now, to add to my profile?

I have used www.mygeocachingprofile.com website where it generates EarthCache pins and other different geocaching badges for various achievements from myfinds gpx file. EarthCache pin will show up after you have added amount of EarthCache hides in to system.

So to use this you need to have geocaching.com premium membership to get myfinds gpx. file and have account in mygeocachingprofile web page.

Edited by small oaks

DOH...Just acheived my Bronze and Silver status and came to check on obtaining my pins, LOL :o I have NO problem purchasing them, although I would have much rather had earned em before the 1st. Any way one may bribe the volunteers with monetary bargaining to obtain a earned pin! :) Ill toss in one of my personal coins! :ph34r::o;)

I look forward to obtaining a geocoin, but REALLY would like a pin available with it :D:D:) (hint hint) I got a dart board with all my pins on it, ya know! :)

:P

2 new EC's done yesterday, I plan to get 1 next Saturday, and doing three more sunday, and submitting Sunday night for my gold. Little bit of a drive to pull them all off, but I would be miffed if I had a bronze and silver pin, missed the gold, and then got the platinum pin later on.

:P

I wonder what having a geocoin involved with the different levels of EC Masters will effect? Geocoin collectors are fanatics about their coins and hope the reviewers wont see a rapid influx of EC's due to the fact at the opportunity to obtain a special coin in their collection. They're will definatley be an effect just from the geocoin, I can guarantee! Whether big or small, they'll be one :o Good for more EC's, but hopefully quality wont suffer :ph34r:

PS, I submitted my Bronze and Silver app. tonight! ;):P

I only just got into earthcaches. I did 3 of them in July, and submitted my application online 7/31. I was surprised and thrilled to receive my Bronze pin last night. Thanx so much!

edited for spelling

You are a lucky guy. I finished the silver earthcache master requirement on 18 July and submitted the application on 20 July. But up to now, I have not receive any master pin. Quite sad! It seems I need to wait for gear sale.

I only just got into earthcaches. I did 3 of them in July, and submitted my application online 7/31. I was surprised and thrilled to receive my Bronze pin last night. Thanx so much!

edited for spelling

You are a lucky guy. I finished the silver earthcache master requirement on 18 July and submitted the application on 20 July. But up to now, I have not receive any master pin. Quite sad! It seems I need to wait for gear sale.

I submitted right before the bronze/silver deadline in late July also, and just got my silver pin earlier this week (got bronze a year ago). It did take about 3.5 weeks to get to me. I bet they have a huge backlog with everyone submitting at the last minute.

Success!

6 EC's in a 8 day timeframe to get enough to submit for my gold before the pin deadline. Yeesh. Some awesome places, but yeah...850+ miles on the car to pull it off.

I'm so glad they are going to do platinum indefinately...there really isn't 8 more in nice clumps near where I live. :(

Two questions.

1) Where can we get the JPEG files for the levels we have already?

2) How long after submitting your request for a Masters level (in this case Gold) did you hear it had been approved? I submitted a few weeks back and have not heard anything yet.

The only way I know how to capture the files for your levels is to go to the EarthCache.org site and click on the left button "Masters Program". When there, right click on the pin picture and choose save. The file will be a GIF so if you have to have jpeg, use a converter program to change the GIF to jpeg. There are free programs available to do this. Just Google for them.

I also thought GSA is supposed to send the icon image for the level you have obtained. It is much better than the four pics on the web site.

I hope that helps.

Regarding your second question, I am not sure but it wasn't long.

Edited by Konnarock Kid & Marge

I applied for my Gold level Masters about the same time, and haven't had a reply yet either. But remember the work of vetting applications is almost certainly done by volunteers - and we're talking about the Christmas/New Year period - so I had expected a slower response than normal. However I agree an emailed acknowledgement that the application had been received would have been nice!

Chris of Matthew 7:7 Too

I still haven't received my gold pin from when I finished the gold level before the Sept. deadline.

I'm not holding my breath waiting for it to come.

I received my platinum pin today (and thank you very much for the EC team who made this possible) but I still didn't get the gold which I applied for before the cut off date.

I will wait a bit more but after that I will have to buy that pin.

We have made up a shadowbox photo frame to display our EarthCache Masters pin collection.

f46bee63-4c07-4400-a76e-a71a520e087d.jpg

The top 3 photos are from 3 different EarthCaches and the bottom two are also from EarthCaches but have my wife and I in them.

It will go above our computer in the study.

We have made up a shadowbox photo frame to display our EarthCache Masters pin collection.

The top 3 photos are from 3 different EarthCaches and the bottom two are also from EarthCaches but have my wife and I in them.

Great idea - well done.

another really good display. Enjoy and thanks for sharing.

Hi there,

I fill out the online form to get Earthcache Master Bronze.

This was, hmm I think about 3 Weeks ago.

I didn´t get any mail or other feedbach since then.

How long does this normal take ?

Thanks for help.

Hi Sharky2k,

I submitted my application on the 14th of December, and received both the Gold pin I'd ordered from the shop and their email today confirming my award (with the HTML award to add to my profile.

So it looks like their back in business after the Christmas Hols now!! (I still find it odd that Earthcache.org can't give a email contact point though, or acknowledge our applications!)

Hope yours arrives soon too,

Chris