WSGA Summer Campout 2009

Lizzy

The campout is coming up. I hear that the campsites are starting to fill up.

I'm really curious about the comment on the cache page GC1MYH1 about camping outside of the reserved spots...

My guess, and this is only a guess, was that the comment was a sarcastic one, as the reservation system for WSP did not have the most intuitive setup the last time I used it. (maybe that has changed)

As far as the comment about spots going soon, that sounds like someone doesn't realize that we have the group area reserved and don't have to make reservations in the main campground. (I am guessing this so please don't take it as fact). Therefore I assume the rest of the campground if filling fast, not our part.

I'm really curious about the comment on the cache page GC1MYH1 about camping outside of the reserved spots...

My guess, and this is only a guess, was that the comment was a sarcastic one, as the reservation system for WSP did not have the most intuitive setup the last time I used it. (maybe that has changed)

As far as the comment about spots going soon, that sounds like someone doesn't realize that we have the group area reserved and don't have to make reservations in the main campground. (I am guessing this so please don't take it as fact). Therefore I assume the rest of the campground if filling fast, not our part.

Andrew, you are correct the comment was a sarcastic one. Making reservations outside of the ones we (WSGA) have reserved is not an intuitive friendly process. My wife was the one who made our reservations outside of the reserved spots. I believe I herd Grrrrr more than once. We (WSGA) has a large block of spaces reserved and paid for including a group camp site. I was waiting for WSGA's next board meeting to update the cache page with pricing and availability and the reservation process of these sights. We may have to come up with some info posted to the event page sooner than that with the interest shown in the campout and how close it is to the event date.

It appears that some people did not get the word that we reserved not only the group camp, but ALL the campspots near the group camp. ALL of those are still available as we have not yet started taking reservation on them.

There will be plenty of camping spots, and I don't beleive anyone will need to reserve their own spot with the park.

Andrew, you are correct the comment was a sarcastic one. Making reservations outside of the ones we (WSGA) have reserved is not an intuitive friendly process. My wife was the one who made our reservations outside of the reserved spots. I believe I herd Grrrrr more than once. We (WSGA) has a large block of spaces reserved and paid for including a group camp site. I was waiting for WSGA's next board meeting to update the cache page with pricing and availability and the reservation process of these sights. We may have to come up with some info posted to the event page sooner than that with the interest shown in the campout and how close it is to the event date.

I'm glad it wasn't something like, 'the other spots are horrible' or whatever. We had to reserve our spot outside of the "WSGA block" to get free camping (disabled pass), but we're not too far away from the rest of the group. Looking forward to the campout this year!

Thought that I would help with a few "rules of the road" for those who have not been to Twin in awhile.

1. Bring your bug spray!

2. Quiet time is 10:00 PM -6:00 AM

3. Beach driving = 25 MPH (It is a State Highway and it IS patrolled)

4. The best donuts are in Westport. :)

5. Remember the Sunset and Sunscreen

6. Enjoy your stay!

Ranger Smith :D

Anybody thinking of driving down and getting Room With a View? It's about a 1:40 drive from the campout, but I hear it's worth a trip. I need a cache in Pacific county and was looking at this one (plus a couple of others in the area).

It is well worth the trip. I would not advise going early in the morning, as I did, unless you have waterproof gear on. Dew on the trail will get you very wet.