GSAK to 60CsX - Bad coordinates (sometimes)

I occasionally get invalid coordinates transferred to my Garmin 60CsX when I transfer them from GSAK. I have analyzed the situation and find that it has nothing to do with changed coordinates from the cache owner not does it have to do with the type and age of the cache. It truly is random. In checking with my colleages in Ottawa, Ontario Canada, I find that my firmware version differs from a user who does not experience the problem. I wonder if the latest version of the the firmware version casuses the problem. Here are some specific details: my problatic garmin's software version is 3.6 and the GSP SW Version is 3.00. My colleague who does not have this problem has Software version 3.3 and his GPS SW Version is 2.9. Has anyone found a solution?

I've been off by as much as 50 metres. I can't say if I try to reload the same one again, whether it happens on the same cache consistently. I guess I had not done this analysis. Good idea though. In the meantime, I'm really hoping that there is a solution by someone who ran into the same problem.

I occasionally get invalid coordinates transferred to my Garmin 60CsX when I transfer them from GSAK. I have analyzed the situation and find that it has nothing to do with changed coordinates from the cache owner not does it have to do with the type and age of the cache. It truly is random. In checking with my colleages in Ottawa, Ontario Canada, I find that my firmware version differs from a user who does not experience the problem. I wonder if the latest version of the the firmware version casuses the problem. Here are some specific details: my problatic garmin's software version is 3.6 and the GSP SW Version is 3.00. My colleague who does not have this problem has Software version 3.3 and his GPS SW Version is 2.9. Has anyone found a solution?

The waypoints always transfer correctly. What is happening is your selecting a waypoint, then scroll over and hit map. Once in the map mode you inadvertently hit the enter button. You are now in the the waypoint edit mode. If you touch the rocker the waypoint will move. When you hit enter to exit you now save the moved waypoint back and it appears the waypoint transferred incorrectly. If you want to look at the map and display the cache use the PAGE button to get to the page. If you do the FIND>WAYPOINT>ENTER>MAP sequence you will always end up in the waypoint edit mode and will no doubt move your waypoint.

Jim

The waypoints always transfer correctly. What is happening is your selecting a waypoint, then scroll over and hit map. Once in the map mode you inadvertently hit the enter button. You are now in the the waypoint edit mode. If you touch the rocker the waypoint will move. When you hit enter to exit you now save the moved waypoint back and it appears the waypoint transferred incorrectly. If you want to look at the map and display the cache use the PAGE button to get to the page. If you do the FIND>WAYPOINT>ENTER>MAP sequence you will always end up in the waypoint edit mode and will no doubt move your waypoint.

Jim

Hi Jim,

Well, it's repeatable using this method. I'm going to make a conscious effort to see if this is my practice at times. I can see that the word 'move' comes up and if I happen to move the cursor, particularly if I'm walking, then it could happen. Looks promising though. Thanks Jim.