Garmin nuvi: bought in England, use in Austria/Germany?

Hi,

I am thinking of buying a garmin nuvi (with full european maps) as a present for my father.

I live in London and was thinking of buying it here in England.

The problem is, that my father lives in Austria and doesn't speak any english.

My question now is, can I change the language settings on the nuvi to German? This would not only have to include menus but also the voice, which has to speak in german as well.

Many thanks

Robert

Hi,

I am thinking of buying a garmin nuvi (with full european maps) as a present for my father.

I live in London and was thinking of buying it here in England.

The problem is, that my father lives in Austria and doesn't speak any english.

My question now is, can I change the language settings on the nuvi to German? This would not only have to include menus but also the voice, which has to speak in german as well.

Many thanks

Robert

Shouldn't be a problem. I've owned a Nüvi 205 and I now have a 255T and they have both included menus and voices for a LOT of languages.

On my 255 I have removed most of the languages in order to make room for large .POI files but I have still have a backup of the contents of my Nüvi 205 and from what I can see it supported 40 different languages although it was a regional model (only had nordic maps).

I'll probably buy online because one tends to get better prices, but you are right, I think it is a good idea to call Garmin UK just to make sure that the particular model I have decided to buy does indeed have this option.

If you buy it in a actual shop you can try it out yourself, but I never saw a non multilinqual garmin.

Else , call Garmin Uk.