no "Hints" in GPX files?

Hi all,

Just got my lovely new Oregon 400t for my Birthday. Joined as a premium and started downloading GPX files. I'm dissapointed that the Hints on't seem to transfer. I would MUCH rather see the hint than pages of logs. Any ideas?

Ta

Paul

How are you loading the GPX files on unit??

Hi all,

Just got my lovely new Oregon 400t for my Birthday. Joined as a premium and started downloading GPX files. I'm dissapointed that the Hints on't seem to transfer. I would MUCH rather see the hint than pages of logs. Any ideas?

Ta

Paul

Are you using the "Send to GPS" link or a Pocket Query.

As I understand it, the "Send to GPS" link may strip a lot of data when used for Garmins.

If you copy the GPX files from a PQ directly to garmin\gpx either on the device's onboard storage or the microSD, it should have everything.

It does on my Oregon 300.

I think g-o-cashers got it.

The hint is only visible once you are actually navigating to a cache, not choosing the cache from the list of caches.

On the Colorado and Oregon, when you first select a geocache to find, it shows the description and logs, but no hints. You then need to hit "go", as if you are going to actually hunt for the cache. Then, on the main menu, you select "geocaches", and from there you can click hint.

I use the GPX Exchange file to send the caches to my Oregon. When I was using the Send to GPS...I noticed that cache descriptions that were written with HTML were almost unreadable because all the HTML programming commands were being displayed with the cache description. This does not happen when sending to the receiver using the GPX Exchange file. I also think more logs are available to read when using the GPX Exchange file method. :D

To see hints:

Geocaches>Find a Geocache>[select geocache]>Go and once navigation has started

Geocaches>Show Hint

Hi, I am having prob getting hints on my Nuvi 850. Any suggestions there? I have a PQ zip file and downloaded GSAK and the garmin poi loader several times over and over (after uninstalling & reinstalling) to try and get it to work. I followed the instructions step by step still only get the geocache number and title..and now i get the cache owners after a few tries. Almost ready to give up after a week and many many hours later..but really don't want too.

Any suggestions? Or leads in Forums..been looking here for days and also looked on GSAK Forum ....Thanks :P

To see hints:

Geocaches>Find a Geocache>[select geocache]>Go and once navigation has started

Geocaches>Show Hint

Hi, I am having prob getting hints on my Nuvi 850. Any suggestions there? I have a PQ zip file and downloaded GSAK and the garmin poi loader several times over and over (after uninstalling & reinstalling) to try and get it to work. I followed the instructions step by step still only get the geocache number and title..and now i get the cache owners after a few tries. Almost ready to give up after a week and many many hours later..but really don't want too.

Any suggestions? Or leads in Forums..been looking here for days and also looked on GSAK Forum ....Thanks :P