My Property!

Aquanalie

If your cache hide is waaay inside an obvious private property, some cachers might get discouraged when approaching it,, and not do it :)

You should clearly indicate in the Geocache description the property owner has approved the activity, but still some meek cachers might be frightened off (lol)

If you're married, you might want to make sure your spouse is good with it too.....

true story:

cache published, cache found, cache archived by CO, with archive note, "I gave myself permission for a hide on the homestead, but I forgot to ask my wife, sorry".

guess weknow who wears the pants in that family

SS

If you're married, you might want to make sure your spouse is good with it too.....

true story:

cache published, cache found, cache archived by CO, with archive note, "I gave myself permission for a hide on the homestead, but I forgot to ask my wife, sorry".

guess weknow who wears the pants in that family

SS

Every married man on this forum knows the answer to that all too well :)

She does, of course.

Most private property caches that I have seen are usually rural properties. The land would be large enough that neighbors may not notice the cachers.

I was planning to place a rural cache on a private land out in the country that is large enough to probably host an NFL Football stadium complete with parking. And I know the owner too, so permission will not be an issue as he allows deer hunters to use his land as well (I'll disable the cache for a few weeks during deer scouting and hunting season).

Very rare do I see urban caches on private party. I went to one that was available for premium members only and it was at the edge of the property line near the drive way hidden by a tree. It was a TB hotel. Neighbors know about that one.

We have one hidden on our property, its has its own TB that you can discover when you visit, we have a 4 ft tall wood carving of signal next to the cache

Get the signal

here is a picture of the TB that is there

ca5b7c82-71c5-4bf4-b69d-44d0e39f07ce.jpg

Wow... that is awesome! :laughing:

We usually end up doing a drive-by when we discover a cache is in someones yard. This one we would definitely stop for!

When you hide one on private property make sure that you explain explicitly that you have permission. Also try to hide it in a spot that the people looking for it will not think people are watching or could be suprised by someone.

It is also a good idea to clearly mark the cache location and use a giveaway hint. These types of hides are not the opportunity to hide a difficult cache. Make it fun.

I have people knock on my door and say hi.

Have fun with your hide. Make it unique in someway. Mine is a 50cal ammo can hidden in an irrigation pipe. The headgate covers it perfectly.

The only urban one I found stated that the owners had given permission, and that the neibours know about it, so no one would be calling the cops. It still weirded me out, I did one driveby, then came back to it later. Ended up having a good chat with the CO (who was also the land owner). And yes, it had a givaway hint, and it was easyly seen from the street (if you looked).