Strange Occurrences While Caching

Ok so I'm starting this thread to see if anyone else has had strange things happen to them when they go out caching. As for us our story is as follows: Every weekend when we go out caching something terrible happens in the vicinity of our caching location. For example one weekend we went caching in a little city northwest of home and later on the news we discovered that about a mile or so from one of the caches we found someone had been handcuffed inside of a car, covered in gasoline, and set ablaze! :) Another weekend we discovered that near the area we were caching someone fell out of a boat and drowned. Just this last weekend we were in a state park and someone fell off a cliff. Various other random things have also happened and it seems to happen every time we go caching!!

Anyway your posts don't have to be about tragedies that occur just anything strange that has happened near your caching or while you were out caching.

Ok so I'm starting this thread to see if anyone else has had strange things happen to them when they go out caching. As for us our story is as follows: Every weekend when we go out caching something terrible happens in the vicinity of our caching location. For example one weekend we went caching in a little city northwest of home and later on the news we discovered that about a mile or so from one of the caches we found someone had been handcuffed inside of a car, covered in gasoline, and set ablaze! :) Another weekend we discovered that near the area we were caching someone fell out of a boat and drowned. Just this last weekend we were in a state park and someone fell off a cliff. Various other random things have also happened and it seems to happen every time we go caching!!

Anyway your posts don't have to be about tragedies that occur just anything strange that has happened near your caching or while you were out caching.

Um, please avoid Nebraska, especially if these numbers mean anything to you:

4 8 15 16 23 42.

OK, I've got a good one to add to lighten this thread up.

I went geocaching yesterday. I told my geopartner that i wanted something different. I just didn't want to go chasing caches in the city for numbers. I wanted to go somewhere for the great place, some different place for a different experience and find caches at that place.

So we went to an Island.

It's about an hour and a half away. We hiked down to a beach, catching a couple caches along the way.

As we were getting a letterbox hybrid on the beach, a ten year old came up and asked us what we were up to. My partner decided to explain the game.

So the kid followed us to the next cache and his mother followed him. My partner took the wrong way and headed up a path into a lot of nettles. The kid and the mother got into the nettles. I stayed behind to doctor them up, as my partner went ahead to find the general location and then wait for me.

After finding the cache and having a nice lunch on the beach we headed back. We passed the family we had interacted with eariler on the way back. The mother kept saying to her husband that I was the one who helped them with their nettle stings. He offered us wine and beer, which we said no thank you to. he seemed to be looking for some way to thank us.

"Why don't you go for a spin on our jet-skis?" It was almost a demand rather than an offer. I said YES. My partner was slower to want to go, but I pushed him. He had just an hour earlier seen their jetski's and wondered what it would be like to ride on one.

So off we go onto their jetski in hiking pants, me in levi's and hiking shoes. I left my shirt on shore so I'd have a dry shirt when I got back. The tide came in while I was gone and got it wetter than if I had of been wearing it.

We drove around in the surf for some time. We came back, and the owner said "Let me show you how it's done. Here, climb on the back." My partner said you go ahead, so off I went.

The guy drove that thing like it was a bucking bronco. Being out in the Puget Sound, like a bay off the ocean, there were plenty of waves to fly off of. We went flying!!! He wanted to get the thing up to speed to be skimming on top of the water. To do so it meant we were flying off the waves!! At one point he executed a turn at high speed on a wave and we almost dumped. I was hanging on for dear life to as strap meant for the job. He yelled, "Are you still back there?"

It was a great day that never would have happened if it weren't for geocaching!!

Thanks geocaching (and thank you to some strangers on a beach)

OK, I've got a good one to add to lighten this thread up.

I went geocaching yesterday. I told my geopartner that i wanted something different. I just didn't want to go chasing caches in the city for numbers. I wanted to go somewhere for the great place, some different place for a different experience and find caches at that place.

So we went to an Island.

It's about an hour and a half away. We hiked down to a beach, catching a couple caches along the way.

As we were getting a letterbox hybrid on the beach, a ten year old came up and asked us what we were up to. My partner decided to explain the game.

So the kid followed us to the next cache and his mother followed him. My partner took the wrong way and headed up a path into a lot of nettles. The kid and the mother got into the nettles. I stayed behind to doctor them up, as my partner went ahead to find the general location and then wait for me.

After finding the cache and having a nice lunch on the beach we headed back. We passed the family we had interacted with eariler on the way back. The mother kept saying to her husband that I was the one who helped them with their nettle stings. He offered us wine and beer, which we said no thank you to. he seemed to be looking for some way to thank us.

"Why don't you go for a spin on our jet-skis?" It was almost a demand rather than an offer. I said YES. My partner was slower to want to go, but I pushed him. He had just an hour earlier seen their jetski's and wondered what it would be like to ride on one.

So off we go onto their jetski in hiking pants, me in levi's and hiking shoes. I left my shirt on shore so I'd have a dry shirt when I got back. The tide came in while I was gone and got it wetter than if I had of been wearing it.

We drove around in the surf for some time. We came back, and the owner said "Let me show you how it's done. Here, climb on the back." My partner said you go ahead, so off I went.

The guy drove that thing like it was a bucking bronco. Being out in the Puget Sound, like a bay off the ocean, there were plenty of waves to fly off of. We went flying!!! He wanted to get the thing up to speed to be skimming on top of the water. To do so it meant we were flying off the waves!! At one point he executed a turn at high speed on a wave and we almost dumped. I was hanging on for dear life to as strap meant for the job. He yelled, "Are you still back there?"

It was a great day that never would have happened if it weren't for geocaching!!

Thanks geocaching (and thank you to some strangers on a beach)

That is awesome! :D