Religious GeoCoins

WOOGIEKIDS

Hmm . . . I am assuming you are asking if there is a market for Christian Themed coins?

The answer is maybe. There have been a few made and there are many Christians who cache and collect coins.

That being said, it ultimately depends on the coin design. I suspect a Christian theme'd coin that is both creative and done well would do fine and that one that is just thrown together will not do well.

My thoughts . . . Though I am the World's Worst Cacher

I would tend to think there would be a market for a coin like you are thinking. The premise behind it may not sell as much as the art IMHO. Some might buy it for a cool design while others may buy for the meaning behind it. I would say choose your art carefully and make it appeal to more than your target audience. I am still fairly new to coins but this is what I would try to do if I was thinking of producing such a coin. Just my 2cents. Post a picture when you can I would like to see it! Good luck with it and keep us posted. :)

That one is awesome!

I have my initial template done for my coin. It's very rough, but I have some e-mails out to the various minting companies to get prices for artwork/minting.

Once I have this done, if I decide it was worth the time/money (which I totally think it will be), I was thinking of doing an entire series of The Stations of the Cross. One coin for each Station. Has that been done before? A quick Google search didn't bring any up.

That one is awesome!

I have my initial template done for my coin. It's very rough, but I have some e-mails out to the various minting companies to get prices for artwork/minting.

Once I have this done, if I decide it was worth the time/money (which I totally think it will be), I was thinking of doing an entire series of The Stations of the Cross. One coin for each Station. Has that been done before? A quick Google search didn't bring any up.

I have not seen the Stations done...but it would be an interesting concept. How well they would be received is another question. Depending on how many you plan to mint of each it could turn into a costly venture.

EDIT TO ADD: You could also think about some sort of a group project and see if others would be willing to go in on the Stations.

Edited by Theotokos

My thought on the Stations is to mint and release them one at a time. That way the proceeds from one, offset the cost of the next.

Not to burst a bubble or anything but that does not always happen. It is difficult to recoop all the costs to mint another coin afterward.

But I am still looking forward to seeing whatever you do! :rolleyes:

True, that's why I'm going to just do the one first, before I go all hog wild on an entire series. :rolleyes:

I'm getting very excited with the design I'm working on now though! Just waiting on callbacks from the minting folks to get started. Who do you guys like the best?