Great? Puzzle caches

I enjoyed your two examples even though the first one is overrated in difficulty.

A few creative ones i've done.

The Chamber

The Rift Zone

The Lair of the Great Horned Owl (Night Cache)

The Wolf-bird

Hog Wild

This is my most creative puzzle. It has password protected pages, it involves mutiple history lessons, great scenery, and wild hikes.

Destruction Canyon a Geo-Canyoneering Adventure!

Edited by Kit Fox

I don't do very many puzzle caches, but I do have a few under my belt. I think the one that was the most fun for me was GC11PYB Mastermind by our local puzzle guru, Pfalstad.

Now, you may think that you know how to solve this... but a good part of the fun of this puzzle comes not only from solving it, but from a bunch of little "Easter Eggs" (in the software sense) that you can discover in the process if you look hard enough. Its a ton of fun!

We love puzzle caches. One of the best ones we've experienced is GCTN3Y Ramesses' Tomb. Solving the puzzle is only the beginning of solving the puzzle. It is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery.

We are still waiting for the cache that is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma, but this one is a good start.

Carolyn

Edited by Steve&GeoCarolyn

Some people think that some of our mystery caches are evil, so we created this one: Easy Mystery Cache

That one reminds me of a few I've seen in the forums by a user by the name of Grumpy Old Fart Productions. Yes, that is the name. I have clicked on the name on the caches I have looked at and it refers me back to their usermanme page and it says the same name. Thanks and have a great day. gwf :grin:

And many more. UncleTom, The Rat, jimbexleyspeed, neslake, others that slipped my mind at the moment.

Like me, for example. And our most famous local, Venona.

I'll get you, my pretty!

Mercy, Great One! The sunspot activity affected my brain waves, I swear!

On a more serious note, yes, you of course :grin: Your Great Geek Gravitational Generator is one of the first I solved, and I haven't attempted any since. Oh, and Primary Colors is still giving me nightmares. I may need to grovel to ask if I'm on the right track for that one if I don't make any progress in another month or two...

I don't do very many puzzle caches, but I do have a few under my belt. I think the one that was the most fun for me was GC11PYB Mastermind by our local puzzle guru, Pfalstad.

Now, you may think that you know how to solve this... but a good part of the fun of this puzzle comes not only from solving it, but from a bunch of little "Easter Eggs" (in the software sense) that you can discover in the process if you look hard enough. Its a ton of fun!

This was good. But I still think my cache was better and should have won COTM last year!!!

I've got three new puzzle caches ready to be hidden. They're not spectacular but I guarantee, they've never been done in my home area.

Any puzzle by Frodo13... especially SpiderFish and the as-yet-unfound (by anyone, since placement in 11/07!) Cache Noir!

If you think that you have solved (or can solve) one of these I will go check and verify your derived coordinates!

Someone has to be FTF on Cache Noir sooner or later, will it be you? :)

If you try don't post your answers here, email them to the cache owner.

Edited by TheAlabamaRambler

This is an easy one for me to answer. There's a cache down south that I think has been published for about a year now and nobody has managed to get the FTF yet. It has 77 people watching the cache so that should give you an idea how fascinated people are by it. Before you go there let me warn you it can be a little addictive and quite frustrating! Good luck, here's the link for it CLICK HERE! . Good luck!!!! :)

This is an easy one for me to answer. There's a cache down south that I think has been published for about a year now and nobody has managed to get the FTF yet. It has 77 people watching the cache so that should give you an idea how fascinated people are by it. Before you go there let me warn you it can be a little addictive and quite frustrating! Good luck, here's the link for it CLICK HERE! . Good luck!!!! :)

Ask "Are you ELIZA?"

The frog says Eliza is an ancestor. I'm calling it quits though before I use up any more hours on this one. Good luck to all that decide to give it a try!!!! :)

Edit to add the following: If anybody is interested in doing a similar cache that is much easier to solve than the one I referenced above then you might want to CLICK HERE . It was inspired by the Frogbot I mentioned above, but it is by another cacher. Have fun!!!! :D

Edited by Michigan Cacheman

Frogbot is a blast!

One of my personal favorites has been Technomancy, partly because I've been the only one to find it :)

I have a few that have not been found yet, the oldest is Ready Set Go...

I work with someone that is really into Go. Maybe I should run that puzzle by him.

My favorite is "The Key to the Cryptonomicon". It's had a few finders but it's a tough one. It took me a little over a month to finally solve it.

Frogbot is a blast!

One of my personal favorites has been Technomancy, partly because I've been the only one to find it :)

Will anyone believe me if I say I solved "Ready Set Go..." in about five minutes? Very clever, wish I was near it. :D

How can you be sure of that without a Geochecker link?

Good point. Glad I didn't finish packing yet.

Will anyone believe me if I say I solved "Ready Set Go..." in about five minutes? Very clever, wish I was near it. :)
I believe you, and I agree that it's very clever. I'm thinking of "borrowing" the concept myself.

With some puzzles, either you get nothing, or you get coordinates that you know are correct.

We love puzzle caches. One of the best ones we've experienced is GCTN3Y Ramesses' Tomb. Solving the puzzle is only the beginning of solving the puzzle. It is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery.

We are still waiting for the cache that is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma, but this one is a good start.

Carolyn

This one looks intresting. As we have one puzzle with same theme. Tomb cacher II.

Plot in ours is a bit different I guess. This is fully solvable at home even its Wherigo. So give it a try. If you have solved it you can log it in Wherigo page, if not wish to travel to Finland.

Edited by small oaks

Frogbot is a blast!

One of my personal favorites has been Technomancy, partly because I've been the only one to find it :rolleyes:

Will anyone believe me if I say I solved "Ready Set Go..." in about five minutes? Very clever, wish I was near it. :mad:

I confirmed that I had the right coordinates for one by comparing a photo that was posted in a "found it" log with a hi-res satellite photo on maps.live.com. The found it photo showed a fence in the background with some graffiti on it which I was able to clearly see in a satellite photo.

What are your's? Not necessarily hard to solve but creative!

I just started the pages for a series of puzzle caches. The first of which, "Impetuous Celebrity Engenders Purposless Spoilage!" (GC1TH9V unpublished) will be a series unto itself.

There will be about 15 caches total, all based on a High Vocabulary exercise I did in a class at work meant to demonstrate that it's not what you say so much as how you say it.... That's right up my alley. :rolleyes:

With some puzzles, either you get nothing, or you get coordinates that you know are correct.

Of course, it remains to be seen if there's a cache at those coordinates, or another puzzle :rolleyes:

(I solved it too, but am kind of across the globe...)

Cool,

When I made the puzzle, a coworker, who I never thought was the sharpest tool in the shed, looked at it and knew immediately what it was. But as with most puzzles, you either get the idea or not. Since posting it here at least 4 people have solved it, which makes me feel better, I thought maybe something was wrong with the puzzle. My guess is the people in my area just aren't into puzzles. Which explains why my caches don't have many finds, and I have to drive 100 miles to find the nearest puzzle cache. 90% of the caches in my area are skirt lifters I bet. Not that those don't have a place, but I like a challenge.

Maybe we should have an "official" sticky thread, where we post our puzzles for other puzzle cachers to try before putting them in the wild. I have done something similar, any time you're the FTF on a cache hidden by me or a few friends, you get the url to a website that we post puzzles that are as yet found on geocaching.com

Of course, it remains to be seen if there's a cache at those coordinates, or another puzzle :rolleyes:

(I solved it too, but am kind of across the globe...)

There's also the possibility of a red herring solution. I've seen one like that. It involved changing the color palette in a bmp. Changing them the obvious way yielded coordinates. But they weren't the right ones. Changing them a different way gave the real solution.

Edited by Dinoprophet